News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who don't think Rankine can run through the middle. I had to go back and watch this, admittedly, about x 3 times.

There have been plenty of players in the last 15 years who set the U18 champs alight and then failed to translate that ability to the AFL level, where there is significantly less time and space to use skills and make decisions.

For all his youtube highlights in the midfield at the U18 level, he hasn't done it once at AFL level, so far scraping a single season as a skilled small forward with only ok output.

For those who don't think Rankine can run through the middle. I had to go back and watch this, admittedly, about x 3 times.

And if he hadn't been such freakishly talented that West just had to play him in the League team he'd have played midfield every game of his U18's year in their U18's team.

There have been plenty of players in the last 15 years who set the U18 champs alight and then failed to translate that ability to the AFL level, where there is significantly less time and space to use skills and make decisions.

For all his youtube highlights in the midfield at the U18 level, he hasn't done it once at AFL level, so far scraping a single season as a skilled small forward with only ok output.

No one is offering a first round pick for Paddy Dow for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just bought some Tesla shares at 240 because I believe they will be worth 400 in 2 months. Should I perhaps pay 400 since that’s what I believe is their true future value?

no one doubts that Rankine is potentially going to be a star, but the fact is he hasn’t played at anywhere near the level of his draft position to this stage. In fact if the 2018 draft was redone now, then both Kings, Bailey Smith, Rozee, Butters and possibly Caldwell would all go before him. Pick 5 should never have been used, and certainly not mentioned until much later in trade week if it was our fallback position.
Probably the most stupid analogy I’ve read on here.

If we felt that way last year, we wouldn’t have got Rachelle. Sydney wanted pick 4 as Dawson had just finished top 3 in their B and F, yet we stood firm and ended up with both.

This is true also.

However, I think the club has dodged a bullet by NM rejecting the deal last year for Pick 1.

JHF vs Rachele, Dawson & Rankine.

He good, but not that good.

Selling the farm ain't always what it is cracked up to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back