Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Higgins and Markov are best 25 players, both are youngish and both love Richmond. Because Markov requested to leave has nothing to with the conversation, Higgins might come out and say he wants to leave as well. Does that change his Value?
Who is Higgins going to push out of the forward line? Rioli? Castagna? Aarts?
Higgins is a classy forward and a midfield, a very rare commodity. If he gets the defensive side of his game right he's clearly more talented than Rioli and Castagna and could take one of their spots, but the Tigers love what those two do defensively. More like he replaces Edwards or fills in for the inevitable injury to Cotchin or Prestia. Swaps mid/forward with Bolton. Or covers the midfield minutes as Dusty continues to play more forward.

If he was desperate to leave you might be able to grab him for a pick in the 20-25 range but Richmond surely value him still in the 15-20 range assuming he's happy. It's really a non starter trade unless the player and club are both really keen.

Both Higgins and Markov are best 25 players, both are youngish and both love Richmond. Because Markov requested to leave has nothing to with the conversation, Higgins might come out and say he wants to leave as well. Does that change his Value?
Who is Higgins going to push out of the forward line? Rioli? Castagna? Aarts?
Fully fit Higgins is a far superior footballer to Aarts. Aarts is an honest trier recruited out of our VFL team as a mature age rookie. Kudos to him if he can stay in or around the senior team.

Higgins on the other hand still has upside. That's why the Saints want him and not someone like Aarts. Statswise Higgins blew the U18 competition out of the water in his draft year, broke records and was expected to go 10-12 and drifted down to 17 where we couldn't believe our luck and pounced.

He's played more football than all but 2 of the top 10 players in his draft year in the strongest team in the comp over the last few years. He's also won AFL goal of the year and had major brain surgery twice ! He also cracks funny jokes a bit like your post, except funny. He is a little champ.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On it's own or with a pick swap like I referred to?

If you genuinely think a non-best 22 player is worth a first rounder just because of what jumper he wears that's a bit rich.

Dan Butler was let go for a pick in the 50's?
you do understand the difference between contracted and free agent don't you?

On it's own or with a pick swap like I referred to?

If you genuinely think a non-best 22 player is worth a first rounder just because of what jumper he wears that's a bit rich.

Dan Butler was let go for a pick in the 50's?

Max king getting games for an average team and playing rubbish doesn't magically increase his value.

You have got to have some context he had a brain injury so his pathway was not straight forward to the b22. Imo he has done very well just to play elite footy again and had some ripping games.

Higgins is not butler the tigers don't have to let him so for a terrible offer

Man saints looking for a bargain, fair enough

i think the difference this time from markov/butler, i think usually trade nicely if you werent a finals threat like gc

considering we just played you in a final, if next year we see goals from butler & higgens, i think our trade team will be mindful for accountability if we let go another one to the same team for peanuts.

I reckon we will definitely drive a little harder. Cant have egg on our face two years in a row to the same team

Max king getting games for an average team and playing rubbish doesn't magically increase his value.

You have got to have some context he had a brain injury so his pathway was not straight forward to the b22. Imo he has done very well just to play elite footy again and had some ripping games.

Higgins is not butler the tigers don't have to let him so for a terrible offer

Good thing he does neither.

Good thing he does neither.

If he was American with a Collingwood jumper you'd be concerned.

Obviously he has a high ceiling but Higgins has pretty big too, I think.

I think sometimes young players getting games is overrated to the value. More so teams like Carlton there is no notion of earning a game

Back