Recommitted Jaeger O'Meara [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised there's no thread about this yet. Few sources saying Hawthorn are prepared to offload him, and Port are keen.

Assuming Jaeger was willing to come to Port, what gets it done? Is pick 16 enough given the apparent fire sale going on at the Hawks?

What would get this done? I'd do it for a pick in the teens but a top 10 is too rich for me
Could be wrong but i don't think we would be pushing for a top 10 pick for him like we may with one of the others.

Pick in the teens would have me interested at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did he have knee issues ?
16 for Omera would be a great move for Port. Inject their midfield class with a bull like Omera and you have a shot at winning it all in 2022. Pick 16 isn’t going to help now..Is Omera open to move though. If no discussions have been had, surely it’s leaving it late to strike a deal..

I think if Jaeger thought his time was up at Hawthorn he’d likely go to another Vic club or head home to WA.
Couldn’t really see him heading to SA, but maybe the opportunity to play deep into September would get him across the line.

16 is ideal for his value considering his age and performance.

From what I can see his best B&F performance is 3rd. No AA squad. 4 out of 9 seasons only he hasn't missed a month or more of football, 2 of those were his first 2 seasons. 28 start of next season.

He's a very solid, reliable mid without being excellent/brilliant. Third fiddle to Wines/Boak then Wines/Butters I'd think over the next 3 years.

Yes he's contracted but if he's going it's because Hawthorn are encouraging it (can't see him walking out of his own accord), so then that doesn't up his value.

Then add in Port are contending and really should go somewhat all in while they have Boak at the top of his game and Dixon, Gray, Jonas all contributing. So they can't get away with trying to get a Treloar tier steal.

Wingard, Mitchell worth more than him comfortably too I'd say.

Still of the opinion that Mitchell and Gunston are more expendable than O'Meara and Wingard. A gut feel at the moment though is that O'Meara will be the only one who goes come close of trade period.

Would be a perfect fit for Port Adelaide or Richmond. Funnily enough they hold picks that I believe equals his value (15 and 16). Plus we can chip in to help with salary if required.

The lure of a chance to contend for a flag at 28 has to be strong. Has he played any finals in his career?

I think 16 and ladhams would get it done with a future 2nd round going back to port

I think if Jaeger thought his time was up at Hawthorn he’d likely go to another Vic club or head home to WA.
Couldn’t really see him heading to SA, but maybe the opportunity to play deep into September would get him across the line.

The lure of a chance to contend for a flag at 28 has to be strong. Has he played any finals in his career?

I think 16 and ladhams would get it done with a future 2nd round going back to port
Played 1 in 2018, missed the 2nd one through injury

Gotta ask. Why don’t you quote posts properly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back