Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly cannot see how this would work and would be a terrible trade for both North & Stephenson

Whilst the cap & $$$ he is on sounds like a good fit the player and where north are at would be a disaster with the players current position
playing or north in the next 2-3 years is going to be extremely hard going and does stephenson have the resolve to grind it out and get stronger. I have doubts

I'm not a fan of trading him, RS winner in his first year, decent second season and a third season to forget, 2 out of 3 ain't bad considering the issues he had in 2020, that's from the outside looking in.

Must be more to it then cap space, i could name 20 on our list with less talent.

I guess pick 28, there not going to give up 11.
We traded Nathen Freeman to St Kilda for pick 30, he was a top 10 pick with horrific hamstring issues who didn't play a game with us for 2 years, pick 28 ain't gonna cut it IMO unless their are underlying issues the club isn't telling us about.

We traded Nathen Freeman to St Kilda for pick 30, he was a top 10 pick with horrific hamstring issues who didn't play a game with us for 2 years, pick 28 ain't gonna cut it IMO unless their are underlying issues the club isn't telling us about.
I think the underlying issues are that the Pies salary cap has been absolutely butchered and they need to offload decent players just to get under the salary cap.

The underlying issues is that who whoever agreed to these contracts has absolutely made a mess of the books. There is a fire sale at the Pies and it’s more important to dump salaries than get the correct value for your players.

I think the underlying issues are that the Pies salary cap has been absolutely butchered and they need to offload decent players just to get under the salary cap.

Correct. Any player who has a pay grade higher than their output is tradeable.

When there are several players in that bracket, and the club TPP is maxed out, something has to give.

Collingwood needs to shed some TPP, plus find money for JDG. They can ask for full value, but if nobody pays they will eventually need to sell at a discount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading a #6 draft pick after three seasons and mid contract would be warning bells in my head.
Especially meeting with North of all clubs. I love my club, but we are in a bit of a transition period atm. Something is definitely happening at the pies that we don’t know about.

Sorry to break the news pies nuffies, but Pick 2 & 11 won't be in discussion.

Absolutely zero chance.

Disagree.

Think 11 is a big chance to be included in the deal possibly as part of a swap for 16 perhaps with a later pick as well.

Pies would then get to move their 1st pick ahead of the likely range of McInnes.

I would only do the trade for pick 2. I don't see either club being able to satisfy the other on this deal
Wow - way to over rate one of your players. You seem to be missing the point that you need to move on players as you have made a mess of your books.

It looks like a one eyed fan has done the contracts at the Pies - everyone gets over paid because we love the player!!

If Collingwood are pushing out their #6 draft pick after three years after a week of pushing Treloar out the door, I don't think it's for high draft picks.

It's possible that North could get him for their second round pick, have Collingwood pay some of the deal, DeGoey still wants more money than they are willing to spend and North pick him with the first Melbourne PSD selection.

I think it's more likely this gets done for a pick 30+ or a future pick than any of our first 2 picks this year.

Pies supporters are seriously underplaying the TPP issues.

They are trying to turf settled, contracted, best 22 players for a reason.

SOS summed it up perfectly on SEN this morning - North smell a bargain and Collingwood are desperate.

If it’s the cap then they’ll have to let one of these guys go, there’s no threatening to keep him, and they can’t even delist these guys as they’d have to pay out the contract under the cap as well.

The only option open to them is to continue to restructure contracts until all the money is at the end and hope a miracle can be achieved.

If they can move on one or more of these guys and clear enough space to keep whoever is still on the trade table then the price will go up though.

If it’s the cap then they’ll have to let one of these guys go, there’s no threatening to keep him, and they can’t even delist these guys as they’d have to pay out the contract under the cap as well.

The only option open to them is to continue to restructure contracts until all the money is at the end and hope a miracle can be achieved.

If they can move on one or more of these guys and clear enough space to keep whoever is still on the trade table then the price will go up though.

This would be the ideal scenario.

They have un-signed players like De Goey still to juggle though, who may potentially increase the TPP.

A serious mess.

Pick 11 is fair price for Stephenson.

The key to the deal is Treloar.

If the Treloar deal gets done first, then Collingwood has largely solved most of their cap situation problem and aren't not forced to take a deal that is unders from North Melbourne for Stephenson.

If the Treloar deal falls apart, then North could swoop in at the last minute and offer two 2nd round picks for Stephenson, and probably get him given Collingwood must move some cap space by deadline tomorrow.

I think it's more likely this gets done for a pick 30+ or a future pick than any of our first 2 picks this year.

Pies supporters are seriously underplaying the TPP issues.

They are trying to turf settled, contracted, best 22 players for a reason.

SOS summed it up perfectly on SEN this morning - North smell a bargain and Collingwood are desperate.
What a disaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back