Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would only do the trade for pick 2. I don't see either club being able to satisfy the other on this deal
pick 2 for a bloke who is struggling to get a kick, has health issues and is genuinely a dickhead?

If it’s the cap then they’ll have to let one of these guys go, there’s no threatening to keep him, and they can’t even delist these guys as they’d have to pay out the contract under the cap as well.

The only option open to them is to continue to restructure contracts until all the money is at the end and hope a miracle can be achieved.

If they can move on one or more of these guys and clear enough space to keep whoever is still on the trade table then the price will go up though.
I think the days of heavily back ending are coming to an end. Trelour did the right thing by the club by taking less money early to be well paid late - now they want to force him out due the tight salary cap.

Player managers will be much less inclined to let their players sign heavily back ended deals.

This deal makes a lot of sense. North have the worst list in the comp with plenty of money to throw around so getting someone like Stephenson at a discounted price is a risk worth taking given his age.

Most clubs will baulk at his salary but they can easily accommodate it for a couple of years and then make a decision. If he lives up to his potential, then they have themselves a bargain and if he doesn't, then they move him on for a similar price

Pleae explain how Adelaide’s list is better than Norths.

If he comes I reckon it will be a future second rounder which will be closer to end of first round since we are likely bottom 4 next year

tbh think that’s overs for a salary dump

Hopefully our Club is not that Stupid to take that Deal

I think the days of heavily back ending are coming to an end. Trelour did the right thing by the club by taking less money early to be well paid late - now they want to force him out due the tight salary cap.

Player managers will be much less inclined to let their players sign heavily back ended deals.
Maybe if it’s also front loaded so the lean years are in the middle

Wow - way to over rate one of your players. You seem to be missing the point that you need to move on players as you have made a mess of your books.

It looks like a one eyed fan has done the contracts at the Pies - everyone gets over paid because we love the player!!
That point is obvious if you believe that it is the case (Im not confident either way). Im not taking the trade week media reports as fact, however you are.......

I think that says more about your naivety than anything else

Last edited:
No point because you can’t.

You don’t have a promising young mid.

You don’t have a young key forward.

You list is 69 points worse than ours.
69 points? Damn!

You're bad mate, enjoy the rebuild. We need to do it ourselves.

Let's keep it on topic. Won't be replying to you again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This deal makes a lot of sense. North have the worst list in the comp with plenty of money to throw around so getting someone like Stephenson at a discounted price is a risk worth taking given his age.

Most clubs will baulk at his salary but they can easily accommodate it for a couple of years and then make a decision. If he lives up to his potential, then they have themselves a bargain and if he doesn't, then they move him on for a similar price

Sometimes it's just better for posters to stay silent.

Adelaide's youth is horrendous. Simpkin, LDU & Thomas are better then all of your kids.

Sometimes it's just better for posters to stay silent.

Adelaide's youth is horrendous. Simpkin, LDU & Thomas are better then all of your kids.
No need to get upset because you have a terrible list. Ours is bad too but the topic is Stephenson to North and given your deficiencies and not having a coach or anything good happen for a while, I think this is a good move for you. You win no matter what given how cheaply he's going to be.

Pick 11 (Melbourne's first rounder this year) is about fair/equal value for Stephenson.

Do not believe the Pies will move him though.
It's all dependent on why he's been shown the door in the first place.

I suspect that it's like the Brown trade in which the player is worth a lot more, but extenuating circumstances have substantially driven down the value. I think he stays too, but I believe that Trealor is gone.

He might have been worth pick 11 a year ago but he'll be going a lot cheaper than that if they trade him. Haven't tanked his value as much as they have with treloar but he's going to be a bargain.

Offer a 3rd rounder or stick fat. No loss if the Pies don't accept and it's a no risk acquisition if they do

There's no guarantee Collingwood will get pick 16 in before McInnes is bid on. They'd do well to trade 16 up to 11 as well as a later pick, either 28 or one of Melbourne's picks in the 30s from a Ben Brown deal.

Why are we doing this. Slightly off topic rant here but I do not get our club. We opt to pass on Riccardi last draft when we needed a Key Forward and had an extra spot (If we didn't re-sign Dunn) so it was likely we still land Rantall, Bianco and Ruscoe alongside him.

Now onto this year. I think it was fair to ask the question to Treloar of trading him as his wife was moving to another state but why force him out very late when clubs couldn't prepare to sign him and he was adamant on staying. Same goes for Stephenson, why force a rising star out who has shown tremendous promise as a forward and who wants to be at the club and is young.

Why not instead, look at moving on De Goey, who mind you, wouldn't have wanted to stay at the club if he got the extra money from another club who is probably going to leave in 2 years anyway. Why not force out the bloke who has indecent assault charges against this name and has attitude issues for a future 1st as I'm sure one team would want him. Why not force a Mason Cox out? Why not try move on some older blokes like Thomas or Hoskin-Elliott and other older blokes on larger contracts. Or, even look at trying to move Beams with a first round pick to a team that could absorb his contract in a salary dump, like they do in the NBA. But instead we force someone out who actually wants to play for us.

As for trying to sign players. Why not try and steal Jeremy Cameron from Geelong as they don't want to pay him his fair worth. We could try swoop him like Sydney did with both Tippett and Franklin. Instead, we put our hand out for players like Neville Jetta and Lochie O'Brien. Both of which are not best 22, nor even close to it nor will they be.

Good work at ruining a premiership contender, Collingwood Football Department.

He might have been worth pick 11 a year ago but he'll be going a lot cheaper than that if they trade him. Haven't tanked his value as much as they have with treloar but he's going to be a bargain.

Offer a 3rd rounder or stick fat. No loss if the Pies don't accept and it's a no risk acquisition if they do
He was worth more than pick 11 last year, former top 5 pick who won the RS and had a decent second season, if we sell him cheap buyer beware IMO because their must be more to it than just cap issues.

There's no guarantee Collingwood will get pick 16 in before McInnes is bid on. They'd do well to trade 16 up to 11 as well as a later pick, either 28 or one of Melbourne's picks in the 30s from a Ben Brown deal.
Pies should be able to trade 16 and their 2021/1 for something more juicy you'd imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back