Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t that is what he already is on? We are just giving a longer contract.

Well re-renegotiating terms of a set contract of a contracted player then from another club.. Now granted, it seems like the Pies are desperate to ditch Stephenson, but what are the worth of contracts if club's are able to do this to poach/lure players from other club's (case in point Essendon and Dunkley)

Well re-renegotiating terms of a set contract of a contracted player then from another club.. Now granted, it seems like the Pies are desperate to ditch Stephenson, but what are the worth of contracts if club's are able to do this to poach/lure players from other club's (case in point Essendon and Dunkley)

You can’t renegotiate them less. It still needs to go in the cap.

But you can extend and stretch out the contract over a lower financial commitment per year.

We will be helping out Collingwoods cap issues. This sounds like we will be taking the full wage off the books, unless Collingwood has to pay $100k for the next 3 years of their commitment to him.

Sheesh.

Also it seems weird that another club can make a higher (financial) offer for a player still in contract.

Still good luck to North if they can pull it off.

Surly this is a piss take .........

Apparently we have said no to 2nd round pick and need pick 11 for Stephenson.

Dodoro would've asked for pick 2

If you're desperate to clear salary can space and have less than a day to get things done I can't imagine you will be knocking many offers back.

The guy has had off field indiscretions, health issues and Pies are pushing him out the door out of desperation. Ball is well and truly not in the Pies court. Second round pick will get it done if Stephenson decides to go there

Mate, i would've been happy with a str8 swap of Sideshow and Stephenson.

I thought the same when the idea was floated in the BB thread but seemed like it was shot down by Pies fans. In retrospect it probably would have been fair for both clubs. Although I guess Pies couldn't afford Brown's contract if they are salary dumping

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the same when the idea was floated in the BB thread but seemed like it was shot down by Pies fans. In retrospect it probably would have been fair for both clubs. Although I guess Pies couldn't afford Brown's contract if they are salary dumping
Yet rumours persist we can make room for Gunstan, i like Gunstan but IMO we don't need another medium forward, Brown would be a much better option for us.

Quite ironic isn’t it. You’ve been saying Brown was a fire sale for months... now Stephenson is a genuine salary dump fire sale.

Posturing aside, the critical points here are:

- North dont need him considering where we are at, he is very much a “nice to have”
- Norths Pick 2 and 11 are untouchable (pending a ridiculous overs deal that would unlikely present itself)
- Stephenson is leaving as a salary dump, if North pay his full contract (which is absolutely ridiculous money), Collingwood will be happy

Quite ironic isn’t it. You’ve been saying Brown was a fire sale for months... now Stephenson is a genuine salary dump fire sale.

- North dont need him considering where we are at, he is very much a “nice to have”
- Norths Pick 2 and 11 are untouchable (pending a ridiculous overs deal that would unlikely present itself)
- Stephenson is leaving as a salary dump, if North pay his full contract (which is absolutely ridiculous money), Collingwood will be happy
North don't need a young quality medium forward with tons of X factor, please, tell me more.

You are commonly known on this board as an obvious troll with worthless opinions, but I’ll bite. (I mean didnt u claim Higgins was the best 32 year around by far, and players like Hawkins/J Kennedy weren’t even comparable to him, and that even Pendles was only just on par with Higgins?)

Also, if you didn’t realise, when we were linked to Brown, I actually thought 2x firsts for brown + 2x 2nds was fair given our academy picks, and didnt label this as a fire sale, even tho it’s looking like it will be.

And no, pick 11 isn’t untouchable, highly likely it will be involved.

Pick 11 might be untouchable in a sense, but I could see you downgrading it in a deal with Collingwood. They've got 16 which is awkwardly placed for them if a bid comes early on their player and they have to match. 11 almost certainly puts them in the clear.

A swap of picks 11 and 16, with whatever else it takes to topup that trade for Stevo seems like it could be win/win to me

You are commonly known on this board as an obvious troll with worthless opinions, but I’ll bite. (I mean didnt u claim Higgins was the best 32 year around by far, and players like Hawkins/J Kennedy weren’t even comparable to him, and that even Pendles was only just on par with Higgins?)

Also, if you didn’t realise, when we were linked to Brown, I actually thought 2x firsts for brown + 2x 2nds was fair given our academy picks, and didnt label this as a fire sale, even tho it’s looking like it will be.

And no, pick 11 isn’t untouchable, highly likely it will be involved.

Think you may have your North posters confused with your first statement Chief, I haven’t claimed any such thing about Higgo, but he will be certainly missed.

Nope, the first two picks are off the table (as publicised in the media). Desperate times at Pie land, you’ll be lucky to get a second rounder if you don’t get treloar contract off your books, tick tock tick tock

North don't need a young quality medium forward with tons of X factor, please, tell me more.

An inconsistent medium forward that has a host of off-field issue, an oversized contract and health issues.

He’s not exactly the type you’re paying a lot for and bringing in year 1 of a rebuild. Would be absolutely shocking list management, albeit your list management process currently would give it a pretty good run for comparison.

reckon the 2nd rounder will get it done, a priority for the pies is that their salary dumped players don't go to a contender for next year.

North offers the perfect destination in that sense, the only thing worse than losing Stephensen to TPP miscalculations would be to have him run out against you in the finals in 2021.

An inconsistent medium forward that has a host of off-field issue, an oversized contract and health issues.

He’s not exactly the type you’re paying a lot for and bringing in year 1 of a rebuild. Would be absolutely shocking list management, albeit your list management process currently would give it a pretty good run for comparison.
"Host of off field issues"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back