Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeap pies would laugh you out of the room for the deal too. Neither Brown or Stephenson has been good this season, but at least for the latter, we know he will rebound, and he has 8 - 10 years ahead.

Ben Brown is coming off a knee injury as well. Big pass this.

I reckon Brady Rawlings would be laughing his ass off at that deal. You're vastly overrating the value of Stephenson.

We also don't have a pressing need for young hff/wingers. Between Cam Zurhaar, Tarryn Thomas, Bailey Scott and Curtis Taylor we already have a fair few promising outside players at those positions. Not to say Stevo wouldn't be an upgrade, but we have other massive holes in the list we need to address first.

Given Collingwood's dire need for a KPF i think you'd find Brown has more value that Stephenson in this scenario.

A more realistic trade would be Brown + 2021 2nd for Stephenson + 2021 1st. Considering the pies would be expecting to contend and we are rebuilding the gap would be pretty close between the picks.
Mate, you’re high if you think Brown is worth anywhere near that. He doesn’t have even close to the value of Stephenson given the serious question marks over his body and longevity that have come from this season.

Yeap pies would laugh you out of the room for the deal too. Neither Brown or Stephenson has been good this season, but at least for the latter we know he will rebound, and he has 8 - 10 years ahead.
How do you know that he'll rebound? Stephenson has only had one good rookie season in his career, whereas Brown has had 3 60+ goal seasons before this year.

Stephenson is far more likely to be a bust from this trade than Brown.

How do you know that he'll rebound? Stephenson has only had one good rookie season in his career, whereas Brown has had 3 60+ goal seasons before this year.

Stephenson is far more likely to be a bust from this trade than Brown.
Brown is coming off a knee injury and will be 28 to start next season. Honestly, most I'd pay is a 2nd round pick which I do feel is undervaluing but I wouldn't want to give up my first for him. Stephenson i personally see as having much larger trade value and if you don't see it that way, that is fine.

Mate, you’re high if you think Brown is worth anywhere near that. He doesn’t have even close to the value of Stephenson given the serious question marks over his body and longevity that have come from this season.
Brown is coming off a knee injury and will be 28 to start next season. Honestly, most I'd pay is a 2nd round pick which I do feel is undervaluing but I wouldn't want to give up my first for him. Stephenson i personally see as having much larger trade value and if you don't see it that way, that is fine.
Looks like we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one Collingwood fans.

Brown had a minor knee injury and has been put in cotton wool since our season was effectively over weeks ago. Before that hes been incredibly durable throughout his career.

Maybe Stevo has more value to other teams, but I'd much prefer 3-4 years of a top 5 KPF in Brown than 8-10 years of a slightly above average hff in Stephenson.

Brown had a minor knee injury and has been put in cotton wool since our season was effectively over weeks ago. Before that hes been incredibly durable throughout his career.

Maybe Stevo has more value to other teams, but I'd much prefer 3-4 years of a top 5 KPF in Brown than 8-10 years of a slightly above average hff in Stephenson.

Brisbane would be of better use for Brown anyway. Better medical department, better ball use. Just don't think he is the Key Fwd we are looking for.

lol look what i started

knew this would happen. Brown and Stephenson both have unusually large disparity of valuations compared to every other player this year.

which is exactly why my initial post had the disclaimer - "not sure if north would go for that, but..."

If he has little value to you then this discussion is moot as your club clearly wouldn’t request him. FWIW, you don’t trade for a contracted player based on a low value. The club you’re dealing with will just tell you to * off if the explanation is “he’s worth less to us than he is to you”.

Melbourne is the team to look for a Stephenson trade.

Tom McDonald (27 yr) plus a late 1st / early 2nd rounder for Stephenson.

Melbourne need outside run / pace, McDonald looking like surplus with the young guns coming through.

Pies need a KP forward and would want a decent pick as well.

Melbourne need outside run / pace, McDonald looking like surplus with the young guns coming through.

I mean this just shows that you have no idea. Why do we need a worse version of Mihocek who's averaged less than 1 goal a game and has been dropped multiple times?

Great idea except McDonald is trash on a high salary. If he leaves Melbourne it’s as a salary dump for a nothing pick at this point.

I mean this just shows that you have no idea. Why do we need a worse version of Mihocek who's averaged less than 1 goal a game and has been dropped multiple times?

And your post says the exact same thing champ.

Yes McDonald hasn't had a great year but he's proven he can do the job. Melbourne and therir system is crap......I'd hate to be a FF with Melbourne's mids. Put him in front of a decent midfield like Collingwoods and I can see him playing career best footy.

His kicking efficiency on goal is elite, something the Pies should be focusing on.

Tom McDonald would be the best KP forward at Collingwood if he played there.

As for salary that would come down and in reality Stevenson's will go up.

It's not as if Collingwood have multiple kp forwards hogging half the cap. And De Goey will take a hair cut due to his court case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have him on a wing. We were keen at draft time. Pies rumored to be keen on coleman-jones but now that Soldo is out for 12 months I really hope we keep him (is contracted). We don't really have anything else pies would be interested in other than picks and I'll be surprised if we don't trade out our first pick this year.

And your post says the exact same thing champ.

Yes McDonald hasn't had a great year but he's proven he can do the job. Melbourne and therir system is crap......I'd hate to be a FF with Melbourne's mids. Put him in front of a decent midfield like Collingwoods and I can see him playing career best footy.

His kicking efficiency on goal is elite, something the Pies should be focusing on.

Tom McDonald would be the best KP forward at Collingwood if he played there.

As for salary that would come down and in reality Stevenson's will go up.

It's not as if Collingwood have multiple kp forwards hogging half the cap. And De Goey will take a hair cut due to his court case.

Talking about setting the bar low... If being an update on Mason Cox is the criteria we should be targetting 3/4 of the KPFs in the game. Also we are playing De Goey 1 out in the square as our FF, and I don't see how he's an upgrade on Mihocek at CHF.

The poor delivery up forward thing has been seriously overused as an excuse for KPFs. Our delivery inside 50 hasn't been great for many, many years, how is that any different to Melbourne? Melbourne has actually kicked more goals per inside 50 entry than us, so your observation is just factually untrue.

You're actually just proving my point for me that u have absolutely no idea over and over again lol

Good luck fitting another $900k+ player into your cap with
Daicos , De Goey , Mihocek , Moore all holding their hands out for more $$$

luck should have nothing to do with it

Out - Langdon 700k, Phillips 400k, WHE 500k, Thomas 300k, Scharenberg 300k, Greenwood 300k........Sier ?.
I am not counting Beams, Reid, Varcoe, Dunn etc

That should create more than enough salary cap space. If it doesn’t then we must be using a different calculator to other clubs such as Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane.

luck should have nothing to do with it

Out - Langdon 700k, Phillips 400k, WHE 500k, Thomas 300k, Scharenberg 300k, Greenwood 300k........Sier ?.
I am not counting Beams, Reid, Varcoe, Dunn etc

That should create more than enough salary cap space. If it doesn’t then we must be using a different calculator to other clubs such as Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane.

How the * is Langdon on 700k?

How the fu** is Langdon on 700k?

He isn't. When it's convenient, fans on BF pump up the salaries of those who may be leaving to pretend they will have cap room. Also when it's convenient, they deny the salary of players who have longer term contracts with their club to again pretend they have cap room. It's classic really.

The Pies are paying Beams a fortune to finger paint and Cox $550k next year, which are both awful decisions. They are a chance to have to shed someone like their best forward in Mihocek and potentially others just to keep what they have. I would guess they are next to no chance of getting someone like Jeremy Cameron.

How the fu** is Langdon on 700k?
He’s not, the word is though that he is on $500k+. Apparently Sydney offered him over $600k to move there in 2018, which we were unwilling to match because we had to sign Moore and JDG.

Wow that sounds familiar.

He’s not, the word is though that he is on $500k+. Apparently Sydney offered him over $600k to move there in 2018, which we were unwilling to match because we had to sign Moore and JDG.

Wow that sounds familiar.

How the * is Langdon on 500k?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back