Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

stringer.gif

Take 2: The Ryder deal where you got a 1st and 2nd round pick?

I can't see Stringer moving without a 1st round pick being involved.

Yes, but, that trade isn't what we wanted, just like our initial offer to the dogs isn't what they wanted. We had to take it because he couldn't go anywhere else. You can see why now Connors had to take Stringer's preferred club away. But really...

Take 2: The Ryder deal where you got a 1st and 2nd round pick?

I can't see Stringer moving without a 1st round pick being involved.
received...and yes.

At the time Ryder was facing the likelihood of 12 months out of the game.
But they got a good 2015 out of him, and a ripper 2017.

Stringer could do the same, and he'd be worth the late 1st and 2nd imo.
If he wasn't carrying more question marks on his form than Ryder was.

we have 4x 2nd round picks now
Lose one on Saad no doubt

But with the 3, we should be able to work something to get Stringer over the line.
another coffee sounds a great idea..

but yep. that deal.
As above. I don't see many clubs moving their 2018 1st unless they have F/S or academy kids that may wipe that pick out.

Rhylee West, funnily enough, is one of them.

Dogs could get a club to trade them their 2017 1st for their 2018 1st.
Then we load them with points to match a West bid.
They get 2x 1sts this year (the top 12 look pretty good)
Clear the risk their 1st rounder is forced on West
We get Stringer.

Yes, but, that trade isn't what we wanted, just like our initial offer to the dogs isn't what they wanted. We had to take it because he couldn't go anywhere else. You can see why now Connors had to take Stringer's preferred club away. But really...

This was pre-future pick trading IIRC. I see no reason why you can't trade your 2018 1st round pick.

Since we're discussing realestate, if I can find a decent paying job in Hobart I would live there over Melbourne, better lifestyle all round and cheaper too!

Nobody leaves them once they get them down here, that's the big problem.
Glad you like it here.

This was pre-future pick trading IIRC. I see no reason why you can't trade your 2018 1st round pick.

I'm sure we can, but it would be remiss of Dodo not to try hanging onto it.

I'm sure we can, but it would be remiss of Dodo not to try hanging onto it.

It's not comparable to Port/Ryder, then. They offered picks they had. If it happened today Essendon could push the case that Ryder is worth 17 + 2018 2nd, for example.

I'm not Adelaide fans understand how much future trading has helped them in the Lever situation. That happens 3 years ago and 10 + 27 is best case.

I ******* love Hobart.
I have to move to Melbourne for 2 years for some training, but don't want to.
Ironically, I will be moving to the Footscray, Yarraville, Seddon area.
Melbourne is so busy, so much traffic, just never stops.
Footscray is excellent now, changed quite a lot but south-siders haven't caught up yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why bring it up?

I’m just hiding in here because I don’t want to read adelaide fans gloating in the Lever thread.
Don't know why, you got a bit back in the end. Lever is gold, solid gold.

I’m comfortable with the trade just the thread itself is shit. I always find other clubs trades interesting so I’m watching this one closely.
Yeah I think with Lever out of the way, the potential Stringer and the Schache situation are the most interesting.

We've got at least two other irons in the fire at the same time which will complicate things too (Crozier and a mature ruck).

Jmac and your president have been too emphatic about what they required in the deal. Should have let it play out behind closed doors rather than going to the media with what the club wanted.
Given themselves very little wiggle room.
Exactly. It'll be a a 2nd and future 2nd or that will be used to get a pick in the teens to use on stringer.

Bulldogs dug a hole talking tough about a top 10 pick, even if we were to yield on our future first there's a reasonable chance they still don't get that and have created disappointment for their fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back