Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile the entire football world and media see it differently. Essendon neogitated with 11 for Stringer plus 2nd to third round pick movement. Seemed pretty reasonable.

Dogs said no.

Essendon offered two second rounders. Seemed pretty reasonable.

Dogs couldn't upgrade it back to a teen pick with WC (that they had with Essendon first up anyway)

Dogs & Essendon: Fail
Dogs & Eagles: Fail

Essendon & two new places in: Pass

Seems fairly obvious where the bottle neck is here. So no, I don't see that Stringer and his dad will be overly upset with Essendon. Pick 11 was offered to the Dogs first and when a deal wasn't going to happen the Bombers had to move on Saad or lose him to another club.

Bulldogs & Essendon: Fail
Bulldogs & 2 players in: Pass

Seems fairly obvious where the bottle neck is.

There are lots of instances where player and club have been forced to work things out. You and I and nobody on BigFooty has any real idea whether the situation is irreconcilable.
Terry Wallace mentioned the Wayne Campbell situation as the most similar where he was almost forced out of the club, but eventually came back, reconciled, and was later captain.

Not sure Stringer is the type of personality given a few of the rumours that are floating around but I've seen stranger things happen, assuming a surprise deal doesn't happen between now and tomorrow.

A lot of smoke in the Gibbs to Adelaide fire: we take pick 16 for two second rounders, Carlton get their two targets, we try and offload a player for a list spot or we offload pick 30 for something next year, we can all look back and laugh.

There are lots of instances where player and club have been forced to work things out. You and I and nobody on BigFooty has any real idea whether the situation is irreconcilable.
Stringer currently believes that it is. That should be enough for the Bulldogs to just take it and cut their losses.

It's a lose-lose situation for the Bulldogs at the moment, but they'll benefit from trading him more than keeping him.

Lol, Stringer offer was the first offer made.

An offer that the Dogs would tear Essendon's arm off for if they had their time again.

Not much else Essendon can do. A chaotic organisational structure which requires McCartney to get the president's permission to buy lunch or take a s**t isn't Essendon's fault. If the pres let his people do their job, it'd have been done ages ago.

Haha, chill mate.

Pick 11 straight up we would have taken. Pick 11 for Stringer and 26 wasn't what we were after.

Looks like it'll fall through, oh well.

Starting to look like Stringer won't end up at Essendon. Was always going to be hard for them to get the 3 and this trade could have been done pretty quickly on day one but I guess Jake was the third choice.

I guess he chooses somewhere else or stays a Dog for another season.
Dog were clearly willing to accept almost identical incomings from WCE as we gave you first dibs to. On day 1 of the trade period.

Not Essendons problem you were unaware of how much leverage or currency you had.

It's almost a guarantee that the dogs would accept that offer if they had their time agian.

Starting to look like Stringer won't end up at Essendon. Was always going to be hard for them to get the 3 and this trade could have been done pretty quickly on day one but I guess Jake was the third choice.

I guess he chooses somewhere else or stays a Dog for another season.

hahaha

Pick 11 was offered for Jakes FIRST. Before anyone else. He was the first choice. But Essendon had 3 quality players nominate and did not have the time nor patience to f*** around with one club and one player for two weeks whilst losing two other good players who also nominated.

11 was offered for Stringer with movement further down the order. It was declined. 11 was then used to secure Smith. Saad was a second rounder. And back we come to Stringer who was the first player Essendon worked to secure.

Don't put this on us mate! You can't even get a deal done with the Eagles and they're probably high as a kite right now (yes, glass houses I know! :p)

Not much else Essendon can do. A chaotic organisational structure which requires McCartney to get the president's permission to buy lunch or take a s**t isn't Essendon's fault. If the pres let his people do their job, it'd have been done ages ago.
Resorting to outright lies now?
Wow, one tweet from McClure and people are lining up to jump sharks.

Relax people, more gets done in the last 24 hours than in the week and a half leading up to it.

hahaha

Pick 11 was offered for Jakes FIRST. Before anyone else. He was the first choice. But Essendon had 3 quality players nominate and did not have the time nor patience to f*** around with one club and one player for two weeks whilst losing two other good players who also nominated.

11 was offered for Stringer with movement further down the order. It was declined. 11 was then used to secure Smith. Saad was a second rounder. And back we come to Stringer who was the first player Essendon worked to secure.

Don't put this on us mate! You can't even get a deal done with the Eagles and they're probably high as a kite right now (yes, glass houses I know! :p)

You guys wanted pick 26 back. 11 on it's own would have been closer to a done deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh, so Essendon gets the blame for you sacking your player then Essendon gets the blame because you didn't take pick 11, yep it is so Essendon's fault that the Dogs have balls it up.
4 years of inventing excuses during the drug saga and you just cant stop making shite up.
Who the hell sacked anyone? His on a contract and he remains on that contract. We said we would both look for suitable alternatives which were respectful of his abilities. There aren't any. Bye!
16 other clubs got that - but not the Essendon brain trust. The Essendon brain trust wanted to conduct a media war. Every day we had to listen to bitter Cooney mumbling nonsense. Trouble is Cooney could never remember his lines.

And that Connors went from respectful of the bulldogs to mildly critical to yesterday all out feral! He needs to be deregistered as unfit.

Essendon is to blame for having the dumbest club culture in the league. But But .. you trashed him... but but. We have said nothing. Your goons are the only ones saying anything.

Every other club in the league knows your club culture continues to be an embarrassment.

Stringer currently believes that it is. That should be enough for the Bulldogs to just take it and cut their losses.

It's a lose-lose situation for the Bulldogs at the moment, but they'll benefit from trading him more than keeping him.
Look I know you desperately want this trade to happen but just cool your jets. It'll probably still go through, although Essendon may have to sweeten it a bit. And Jake may not want to go back to the Bulldogs right now, but he has a contract and once the dust settles and he looks at the big donuts in his bank account, he'll come around if he has to.

Haha, chill mate.

Pick 11 straight up we would have taken. Pick 11 for Stringer and 26 wasn't what we were after.

Looks like it'll fall through, oh well.

Pick 11 for Stringer and 26 wasn't what you were after.

Yet you've just spent 24 hours trying to do pick 13 for Stringer and 26.

o_O

Bevo says he would work with Stringer if he stays. Jake has never said a bad word about Bevo but everyone keeps going on about how they hate each other with no proof.
Yeah believe the bomber lead media mafia all you want.

hahaha

If pick 11 was offered straight up he'd already be a Bomber already, but it wasn't. There was always a chance you wouldn't end up with the 3.

What a ridiculous thing it was we were doing trying to.... get the best outcome for our club. How dare we?
You wanted pick 11 and we gave it to you.

Bulldogs' arrogance in thinking they had all the power and could set Stringer's price has cost you. You can't even get a club to help you get back to that original trade now. If you had taken our pick 11 you would've had a much easier time trading that for additional 2nd rounders if you needed more currency for all these other trades the Dogs supposedly had lined up (have you got Schache yet?). Instead you've spent a week dicking around and will now have to take two 2nd rounders, which isn't even a bad deal to be fair.

Resorting to outright lies now?
Wow, one tweet from McClure and people are lining up to jump sharks.

Relax people, more gets done in the last 24 hours than in the week and a half leading up to it.

No lies. It's widely known the Dogs list managers - the ones who actually know what they're doing - were fine with the deal.

They weren't allowed to do it before running it by Gordon.

Developing into an ugly Eddie-like situation over there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back