List Mgmt. Jarrad Jansen - Traded to BL for Future 3Rd pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting . . . pretty damn good number to receive wouldn't you all agree?

pHSftCyQohHbzOOaT_wux_R5urZI-9WRoIMRugXw23M.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=805270

I'll say it again, the Geelong football club were completely foolish to let this kid go and I hope he goes on to have a very successful career at Brisbane.

There seems to be a raft between where Jansen sees his ability and where most of the rest of us see it. FFS anyone would think that Fyfe had moved to Brisbane.

Kind of like the way Cockatoo earned some senior games this year?
Probably not, and how many players exactly can you gift games to? At least Cocky has pace to burn, GHS should have been getting games though, definitely ahead of JJ on exposed vfl form. At least he was performing at a higher standard though.

I'll say again JJ did nothing in 2015 to deserve a game at senior level, getting a game would have been charity nothing more, they did that with Cockatoo but chose not to with Jansen, quite possible that his lack of pace in what was already a slow midfield proving a concern, he unfortunately got injured during the time of the year where games would have been achievable and was still regaining match fitness at vfl level, I would have preferred he stayed but he chose to leave to get a fresh start, best of luck to him, seemed a good kid.

I'll say it again, the Geelong football club were completely foolish to let this kid go and I hope he goes on to have a very successful career at Brisbane.
FFS,he asked to be traded as he thought he'd have a better chance of getting an AFL game,which he probably does.
But nup it's all the clubs fault with you......as usual :rolleyes:

I still think that he was a fair way behind Gore in the race to be the midfielder who would establish himself in the AFL team.
I liked him and thought that he could be a very good player, and he still could. But I wonder if I have been seduced by his size as a midfielder. As a regular at VFL games, Gore had a regular habit of finding the footy but JJ could play some very ordinary games at times.

He had a pretty good number at Geelong too. A triple Premiership '07, '09, '11, Norm Smith 2009, Carji Greeves medal 2006, All Australian 2009,10, and 2 NAB Cup Premierships 2006, '09.
That is nothing to Sneeze at.

Remember, I'm on under 10 AFL career games.

But he got a nice number, that counts for a lot these days
Our current B&F winner Blicavs is wearing a number whereby the 4 others (Baldwin, Simpkin, Johns and Lindsey) to don it have only 13 games combined compared to the 66 games he's amassed in it. Enough said.

best it stays here so all the fools who wrote him off can keep having their posts bumped for future lol's ;)

I will follow his progression Bobby.
And I have saved this post in my <Bump File>. It just may come back to haunt you in the future.

hank-hill-internet-meme.png

Brisbane currently have a stronger midfield than Geelong.

Martin, Rockliff, Beams, Christensen, Rich, Zorko, Bastinac is a better starting midfield than Smith, Selwood, Dangerfield, Duncan, Blicavs, Caddy, Horlin-Smith.
A stronger midfield on paper, certainly. Where did their all-star midfield take them in 2015 though? Where has it taken them the past few years? Where will it take them in future seasons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a pretty good number at Geelong too. A triple Premiership '07, '09, '11, Norm Smith 2009, Carji Greeves medal 2006, All Australian 2009,10, and 2 NAB Cup Premierships 2006, '09.
That is nothing to Sneeze at.
Beat me to it.

It is what a player does while wearing the number that is meaningful I reckon.

Beat me to it.

It is what a player does while wearing the number that is meaningful I reckon.

Yep, the number does not confer any magical/mystical powers to the wearer.

The hoops do that.:D

Yep, the number does not confer any magical/mystical powers to the wearer.

The hoops do that.:D
That said 5 is magical.

Clubs best ever forward
Clubs best ever ruckman (incidentally best indigenous player as well)
Clubs best ever whipping boy :p
Clubs best ever Nakia.

It's magical I tell ya ;)

The only reason he got #16 was so no draftee got it and put them under excess pressure.

Jansen doesn't get enough footy to ever make it. He'll be on the list for two years then delisted

It takes more than a very solid midfield to win football matches. They now had an adequate forward line (including Brown who was in decline his final three seasons), you need a very good back-line which is also something Brisbane have lacked for a very long time as they have only really had the one true KPD.
With the inclusions of many key position players (including Walker), that midfield is going to overpower many teams next year, including ours. They players to aim for now.

Concur with your first two sentences.

Time will tell on your last two.

That said 5 is magical.

Clubs best ever forward
Clubs best ever ruckman (incidentally best indigenous player as well)
Clubs best ever whipping boy :p
Clubs best ever Nakia.

It's magical I tell ya ;)

Your evidence is incontrovertible.

FFS,he asked to be traded as he thought he'd have a better chance of getting an AFL game,which he probably does.
But nup it's all the clubs fault with you......as usual :rolleyes:

Spot on JUBJUB
He made the call to move to where he'd likely get time in the 1's - no bad blood from either side
As a matter of fact when in Perth over the Summer break he confirmed that and only spoke about the Club glowingly when catching up with mates.
I've no doubt his preference would have been to stay had circumstances gone his way at the Cats.

it's very easy Teriyakicat, when he was featuring among the best players on four separate occasions during the months June/July, he should have debuted during this period of time as his form warranted it. He would have surprised you all with what he has to offer. 3-5 games was all it would have cost for us to hold onto a future 150-200 gamer.

I'm a fan that wants to see less flashy brilliant types and more in-and-under types like Corey, Bartel or Kelly. Jansen fits the bill imo and you will see what I mean in a few years time.
Jansen couldn't run out a full game. We couldn't afford to carry a player like that with only one wonky string to his bow. That's why the coaches were training him up in the forward line- to add to his repertoire and keep him on the ground longer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back