Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nor is Daniher's.

He's asked to move to Sydney. I haven't seen a single indicator that we've been given an ultimatum.

At Sydney they had discussions about improving and part of those discussions was that we might have to trade some player or players.
ROK said, if that's the case then I'm happy to go back to Vic if you can find a suitable trade.

Yep
Would think it would follow the same path as Dangerfield.

3 results i see here
1) Daniher stays, we offer him an extension. He accepts
2) 5 & 9 (or player equivalent)
3) Daniher stays, we offer him an extension. He declines, we match RFA and we're back here next year.

There really is no impetus for Essendon to help facilitate this by being agreeable.

Agreed..

People want to know. Facts. They don’t like unanswered questions hence discounting whatever they can out.

1) he stays. We offer him an extension and returns to somewhere near his best. More than unlikely but it’s still in play swing as though he is contracted

2) acceptable to Essendon trade.
5 + 9 would be nice but the more likely outcome is it is a future first or second. The Papley deal I don’t see getting done. This is the most likely scenario imho.

3) Daniher declines an extension next year.
Stays in 2020, gets back to play 20 games of high level football. Sydney stump up for FA and we refuse to match. Compensation for a rumoured $1m a season would be mid first round should be imho.

4) see point 3 but we decide to match any FA bid. Gets us back to where we are now. Forces Sydney to trade with us.

5) /stays through FA. Sydney bids. We match. Sydney don’t trade. Joe goes to the draft.

That is quite literally all the possible scenarios. Can maybe change clubs and picks but all the outcomes remain the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed..

People want to know. Facts. They don’t like unanswered questions hence discounting whatever they can out.

1) he stays. We offer him an extension and returns to somewhere near his best. More than unlikely but it’s still in play swing as though he is contracted

2) acceptable to Essendon trade.
5 + 9 would be nice but the more likely outcome is it is a future first or second. The Papley deal I don’t see getting done. This is the most likely scenario imho.

3) Daniher declines an extension next year.
Stays in 2020, gets back to play 20 games of high level football. Sydney stump up for FA and we refuse to match. Compensation for a rumoured $1m a season would be mid first round should be imho.

4) see point 3 but we decide to match any FA bid. Gets us back to where we are now. Forces Sydney to trade with us.

5) /stays through FA. Sydney bids. We match. Sydney don’t trade. Joe goes to the draft.

That is quite literally all the possible scenarios. Can maybe change clubs and picks but all the outcomes remain the same.

6) Daniher plays 6 games next year in yet another injury interrupted year, still wants out and is offered an average salary from Sydney, where he goes for a 3rd round FA compo pick / matched and traded for a 3rd rounder/ goes to draft

6) Daniher plays 6 games next year in yet another injury interrupted year, still wants out and is offered an average salary from Sydney, where he goes for a 3rd round FA compo pick / matched and traded for a 3rd rounder/ goes to draft

You know compensation is based on salary? Age? Yeah?

The likely $1m he’d command would likely garner us a mid first. At the very least.

Nice try though. Creative enough

You know compensation is based on salary? Age? Yeah?

The likely $1m he’d command would likely garner us a mid first. At the very least.

Nice try though. Creative enough

Post specifically states average salary in the scenario he plays 6 games only, or if you like 17 games in 3 seasons....

This could get awkward for Joe as I doubt we will sell the farm and dons rightfully don't want a discounted sale.

Even more awkward if we trade 5 away for Brad couch and get a player for Papley...

25 and 2020 1st...... I mean it's still in the realm of "fair" but Dodo won't want it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could get awkward for Joe as I doubt we will sell the farm and dons rightfully don't want a discounted sale.

Even more awkward if we trade 5 away for Brad couch and get a player for Papley...

25 and 2020 1st...... I mean it's still in the realm of "fair" but Dodo won't want it.

Next years draft is looking weaker than this year with a heap of academy picks and such.

It's not awkward for him really as he knows if we don't get a decent deal for him he stays and he would have known that before he even told us.

I'd say after courting him for 6 months or more then do other trades that affect the Daniher trade then yes, that would be very awkward and reflect very poorly on your football club.

Not eve Barrett would blame that on Dodoro

If Daniher signs with Sydney as a RFA next year wouldn't Essendon match it and force a trade?
Would depend on his form surely?

If his injury trouble persists and he plays few, or no games, in 2020, then I would imagine any contract he could pick up (if any) would be pretty low. In that scenario Essendon could match it - and tie up a portion of salary cap for a player who is starting to look like someone who won’t get on the park again, or let him go and get low compo as per the ordinary price offered.

Honestly think it’s in everyone’s interest to get this trade done now. The variables and risks are too high if you leave it a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back