Traded Jon Ceglar and F4 to Geelong for F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

They are both minimum 3 years away from being realistic week to week picks at AFL level. Rucks take forever. Especially cat B ones who were offered contracts to play basketball in Greece this time last year.

Ceglar is not going to hinder their development anymore than Stanley/Fort were. They're not on the cusp, Geelong will know they have long term projects.
Sure, that is my point. We don't need an A grade ruckman, we need injury coverage for Stanley for two to 3 years. How much would spend on a player that you actually don't want playing

Sure, that is my point. We don't need an A grade ruckman, we need injury coverage for Stanley for two to 3 years. How much would spend on a player that you actually don't want playing

Ceglar + 59 for Geelong's pick 34.

Hawks covering 50% of the salary.

Pretty reasonable considering Cats are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at 2022 before the cliff dive/mass retirements begin.

Pretty reasonable considering Cats are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at 2022 before the cliff dive/mass retirements begin.

We dont need 59 we wont be using picks that late. And we can pay his salary.

But Ceglar is a worse player than Stanley lol, and Geelong is not playing Ceglar alongside Hawkins and Cameron in the forward line

But Ceglar is a worse player than Stanley lol, and Geelong is not playing Ceglar alongside Hawkins and Cameron in the forward line

That's a matter of opinion, obviously with how strong the link to the cats has been, Geelong disagrees.

Not sure you'd find many supporters, no matter the club, who rate Stanley higher than Ceglar.

I think I just threw up in my mouth. Why give up more than our existing back up ruck for a back up ruck? It's your own fault if your overpaying him. If there's future picks coming back and it's 41 going out i could live it otherwise it's a trade that actively makes us worse off

That's a matter of opinion, obviously with how strong the link to the cats has been, Geelong disagrees.

Not sure you'd find many supporters, no matter the club, who rate Stanley higher than Ceglar.
Pretty sure we just handed Stanley a 2 year extension and the guy that Ceglar is replacing didn't play a game last year.

Throw the kitchen sink at things that improve the list yes. But that trade is throwing the kitchen sink down the toilet

Stanley's a much better footballer than Ceglar, his problem is that his body isn't always reliable.

Ceglar was just about ready to never play for Hawthorn again before Reeves rolled an ankle and he played the game of his life against the Swans. I’d still take him as ruck depth with the Hawks picking up part of the tab if he can’t get to the Cats.

Ceglar was just about ready to never play for Hawthorn again before Reeves rolled an ankle and he played the game of his life against the Swans. I’d still take him as ruck depth with the Hawks picking up part of the tab if he can’t get to the Cats.
If you could go ahead and prevent us from making a spud trade here that would be just swell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future 3rd sounds right. Hopefully hawks don't buckle on the salary to much.

We can take on his salary.
Hawks swapping ceglar for lynch geelong swapping fort for ceglar and coll getting a future 3rd from bris (via haw) is about right for everyone imo.

Future 3rd sounds right. Hopefully hawks don't buckle on the salary to much.
I would expect the cats to do what they did with Jenkins and Higgins and a few others where we split the last year of their contract over two years if the salary cap is the issue. It extends their careers and gets them out of being overpaid. Outside chance you're doing it to hit the cap floor too. I don't think the cap piece is a huge talking point

I mean you could but it would waste a list spot. He's probably not playing at any level for you from next year
The problem is when he plays he plays quite well. Hard to not pick a bloke that deserves a game. Surely any trade getting done here is going to be pretty irrelevant picks wise?

The problem is when he plays he plays quite well. Hard to not pick a bloke that deserves a game. Surely any trade getting done here is going to be pretty irrelevant picks wise?
It will be pretty irrelevant. For us he's just replacing a back up that we haven't reached for in 18 months and every chance we don't reach for ceglar either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back