Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brander does not fit your clubs age profile, needs to be 3 years older at least.
Better suited to your clubs profile you reckon? Young. High draft pick. Does absolutely SFA. Huge potential to clog up a list with 100 games before being trashed at 25. Ticks all your boxes 😘

Better suited to your clubs profile you reckon? Young. High draft pick. Does absolutely SFA. Huge potential to clog up a list with 100 games before being trashed at 25. Ticks all your boxes 😘
Lol, good try. I know this thread has already descended into a dick measuring contest until this trade goes through on Wednesday arvo but can we at least make it an accurate one?

Our young, high draft picks have been excellent of late. Only need to look at Serong, Brayshaw, Mundy, Young and Chapman in recent years. We've nailed plenty of later picks too.

If it's not that important then pick 22 should be fine then?

If pick 22 was fine the trade would have been donr already as geelong tend to get deals done quickly. The fact that it has been means they are holding out for more than 22.

If it's not that important then pick 22 should be fine then?
It’s important bc you’ll get better theoretical access to a player at #19 (21) and we don’t have a night 1 pick not because you’ll be able to turn it into a 1 pick slide plus gain a F2 like Bigfooty would have you believe is just a given.

Anyway it’s splitting hairs now with the deal so close. Hopefully the team with the leverage wins. We wanted #19-21 or equivalent and it looks like that will happen

It’s important bc you’ll get better theoretical access to a player at #19 (21) and we don’t have a night 1 pick not because you’ll be able to turn it into a 1 pick slide plus gain a F2 like Bigfooty would have you believe is just a given.

Anyway it’s splitting hairs now with the deal so close. Hopefully the team with the leverage wins. We wanted #19-21 or equivalent and it looks like that will happen

Gold!!

Freo gets pick 22. Cats supporters, we wanted a pick between 19-21. Sorry no deal.

That's splitting hairs alright.

Gold!!

Freo gets pick 22. Cats supporters, we wanted a pick between 19-21. Sorry no deal.

That's splitting hairs alright.
Is this a Seinfeld episode? We want 21. You want to give us #24/25. As the current owners we can ask for whatever we feel is fair. Not sure that stance has changed one bit. Sorry that upsets you.

Is this a Seinfeld episode? We want 21. You want to give us #24/25. As the current owners we can ask for whatever we feel is fair. Not sure that stance has changed one bit. Sorry that upsets you.

You are just factually incorrect. Sorry if that upsets you. Literally, what are you talking about?

Where do you get the idea that Freo wants to give you pick 24/25? We have pick 22 and as recently as yesterday Bell stated that this is not one of the picks we expect to go to the draft with. So its available. Again, what are you talking about?

Freo went and got pick 22 and your saying its 21 or bust? Laughable.

This has nothing to do with what deal ends up being done (which is likely to be pick 22 + some late pick) or what you can rightfully ask for as he is your contracted player blah. blah, blah....

It's just the crap that a lot of Geelong supporters make up that is then spouted as factually accurate and to be frank the sheer arrogance that's portrayed when doing it.

Why isn’t it on Freo treat the guy right and give up a good pick to get him?

22 is a good pick for a player who hasn’t established himself after 3 yrs , if the Cats don’t want to trade that’s fair enough but don’t go flogging on like we are trying to stiff you on the value

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a unique situation. I'd suggest the pick 19 is more valuable than pick 18 and history has demonstrated this.

Not sure if this is true.

We have one example where Brisbane offered overs to get Devon Robertson.
Teams have had a little longer to plan for the two day draft - I would rather the cats have pick 18 and take the best player at the pick.
The value is absolutely still there to trade it for a team who is surprised to see the kid they rate slide to 18.
I understand the window to get the pick swap done is substantially shorter, however it happens throughout the draft.
All the teams go into the draft with a list of players in order of preference, they will be eyeing off moving up in the draft at certain points if certain players are available. I'm not convinced the 24 hours between makes 19 that much better than 20, and certainly I don't have it ahead of 18.

You are just factually incorrect. Sorry if that upsets you. Literally, what are you talking about?

Where do you get the idea that Freo wants to give you pick 24/25? We have pick 22 and as recently as yesterday Bell stated that this is not one of the picks we expect to go to the draft with. So its available. Again, what are you talking about?

Freo went and got pick 22 and your saying its 21 or bust? Laughable.

This has nothing to do with what deal ends up being done (which is likely to be pick 22 + some late pick) or what you can rightfully ask for as he is your contracted player blah. blah, blah....

It's just the crap that a lot of Geelong supporters make up that is then spouted as factually accurate and to be frank the sheer arrogance that's portrayed when doing it.
Unlike some Freo fans where the banter is on point I think your serious. Maybe one of the Freo fans can explain to you what picks you actually have in the eyes of AFL clubs so nobody upsets you any more.

If freo are offering pick 22 for Clark, are there many Geelong posters who think that is a fair deal?

To me it's overs, I don't want him at the club personally.

If freo are offering pick 22 for Clark, are there many Geelong posters who think that is a fair deal?

There is no "fair" here, if things were "fair" Freo wouldn't be trying to recruit our contracted player. It is about extracting the maximum possible that Freo are willing to pay.

22 and Carlton's F3 would do me. That or 19 alone. Wells has put forward two pretty fair options for Freo to take I think.

Is he that good? I don't watch every cats games but from what I saw Clark wasn't that impressive. Maybe I missed the good ones
The first kick I ever remember him taking was in his first preseason match, can't remember who against. Ran off half back leaving his man in the dust and from maybe 50m+ away hit Hawkins on the 50m arc lace out with a kick that wouldn't have gone higher than a single storey house. I also remember from the same game seeing him hitting up mids from half back and the huge speed he was generating just went no where because no one was running to position for him. The kicks were just too far forward for the mids to keep up. Remember thinking "this kid hasn't got the memo on having to go sideways".

They moved him out of defence after maybe 6 games and never played him there again. I genuinely see him as a weapon that we are just not set up to use at all. I think you'll get huge mileage out of him and in two years you'll look back and laugh about how cheap you got him

No idea what’s fair, the clubs will decide that.

The number for me is 17. I’d prefer anything inside 17 to Clark, outside that I’d prefer Clark.

Personally I think the club has failed him in his development, which isn’t something we’ve done much of in the past.

Again, Freo are the club that decided to target a contracted and wanted player. It is up to Freo to convince Geelong to trade their contracted player.
Not so much targeting a contracted player. More so trying to accommodate a trade for someone who has requested to leave Geelong to be at Freo, we have way more leverage in this situation than you think.

Not so much targeting a contracted player. More so trying to accommodate a trade for someone who has requested to leave Geelong to be at Freo, we have way more leverage in this situation than you think.
Same amount the WCE told us they had when Kelly requested a trade out under contract the first time, ie not a lot.

Back