Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, we're about to go into a prelim, how would TK be right now? Would strongly consider trading everything back just to get TK for our next two games.

Plus TKs situation was unique in that he didn't want out, his wife did. All those negative aspects of having a player on the list who doesn't want to be there didn't apply in that very specific case. I don't see that applying in any other trade case.

If Kelly stayed, would the likes of Guthrie, Menegola have stepped up like they have?

Was s**t to lose him but in hindsight, I think we're better off as a team and we have a fist full of draft picks.

of course. Will be an amazing player. He is just a Geelong Grammer boy so they would be hoping they appeal to him.
Didn't realise he was a Geelong lad, probably helps us keep him longer tbh. I'm more worried about Hayden Young sticking around long term.

Didn't realise he was a Geelong lad, probably helps us keep him longer tbh. I'm more worried about Hayden Young sticking around long term.
Don't think freo will need to worry too much about letting kids they want. They're in a strike zone for giving them games, having cap to spend on them, and winning enough have that they have faith in the direction. I'd expect they all stick around unless pushed

Don't think freo will need to worry too much about letting kids they want. They're in a strike zone for giving them games, having cap to spend on them, and winning enough have that they have faith in the direction. I'd expect they all stick around unless pushed

I reckon we are doing the right thing and giving them a nice early pay packed and hoping it results in effectively buying their loyalty later. Hayden Young loves the surf, can't see him leaving WA in a hurry and Serong genuinely seems to love the place.

Future first thanks.
Considering he's a first rounder himself, who played 18 games in his first year, showed a bit, with 2 years on his contract. I'd be wanting more than what will amount to a token mid first round pick next year.

The fact is he's more valuable to us in the short term so unless a deal too good to be true comes along I think he'll be in the hoops next year.

Considering he's a first rounder himself, who played 18 games in his first year, showed a bit, with 2 years on his contract. I'd be wanting more than what will amount to a token mid first round pick next year.

The fact is he's more valuable to us in the short term so unless a deal too good to be true comes along I think he'll be in the hoops next year.
Token mid first round pick hey?

Thats a first

Don't disagree but Freo's future first is likely to be a top 10 pick, that plus something would work for me if the reports of issues and wanting out are correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't disagree but Freo's future first is likely to be a top 10 pick, that plus something would work for me if the reports of issues and wanting out are correct.

Id want more than that.

In gf sprint if he wins that no chance of a move we like our gf sprint winners
I mean, he's no Dawson Simpson...

I mean, he's no Dawson Simpson...
Thats why we moved him onto GWS, couldnt win the sprint...

Where’s his best position ?.

In reality, is it a net gain for Freo & Eagles to bid for him ?. Does he cover a deficiency in these teams ?.

Wing, half back and half forward. He is a very promising player, one of the most promising young players I have seen come through our system. It depends on the price but if he develops as expected it would be a net gain for any club who can pick him up.

Wing, half back and half forward. He is a very promising player, one of the most promising young players I have seen come through our system. It depends on the price but if he develops as expected it would be a net gain for any club who can pick him up.

In reality, Clark should be a lock for Geelong, lots of upside.

The only way I can see him going, is being squeezed out. He seems pretty happy at Geelong, sure he wants more game time, but that will come.

I was just throwing it up for the WA teams to pursue him. Do these teams need Clark to fill a need. Cost V Need, is the equation.

Sorry Freo after Clark's GF sprint win we are keeping him for at least another 2 years, after that you may pay us a sum of 2 1st rd picks to get him sincerely Geelong Football Club...

Sorry Freo after Clark's GF sprint win we are keeping him for at least another 2 years, after that you may pay us a sum of 2 1st rd picks to get him sincerely Geelong Football Club...
I think it's more that with Harry Taylor retired Blitz will be back to FB. He is going to be playing every game sitting on the wing next year

Fremantle given up on Jordan Clark because they cannot fit him into the salary cap. Clark is on a fair wicket next season at Geelong acccording to them. Even if Hogan moves, its not a salary they would match it appears. Was reported in The West and 6PR with Dale Alcock as the source according to 6PR

Geelongs magical salary cap strikes again

Back