Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

And you paid the Kings Ransom for that? If Jackson is making it, likely it's going to be as a first ruck and there's the issue Darcy isn't old so what is the plan
We paid a couple of what we were hoping was a couple of late firsts and a late second (which would have cancelled out 44 and 67)

The worse we do the then the worse the trade will look

He will be worth a couple of late firsts in the future, the problem is if we fail this year then it looks pretty bad

Got to remember dogga is only 21, we didn't buy a complete player, we bought potential

We need to mould him into the player we want, I know people are excited about him being first ruck but he barely played that role for Melbourne and when he did, he got smashed in the actual ruck, his around the ground work was great which is why a hybrid/utility who pinch hits is our aim

Got to remember dogga is only 21, we didn't buy a complete player, we bought potential

People don’t seem to get that when a 21 year old premiership player who was pick 3 knocks on your door and says he wants to play for your club - you don’t tell him to piss off.

He could be anything and we paid what we paid. That’s all there is to it. Every club would have done exactly what we did.

We paid a couple of what we were hoping was a couple of late firsts and a late second (which would have cancelled out 44 and 67)

The worse we do the then the worse the trade will look

He will be worth a couple of late firsts in the future, the problem is if we fail this year then it looks pretty bad

We need to mould him into the player we want, I know people are excited about him being first ruck but he barely played that role for Melbourne and when he did, he got smashed in the actual ruck, his around the ground work was great which is why a hybrid/utility who pinch hits is our aim

The trade would have been better had you not shipped Lobb off as well. A mid first times 2 (at best) is not much, when Jefferson would have been there for you guys has you not. Didn't get it at the time and still don't. You have Dacry, the last thing you needed if to pay a ransom for another ruck.

The trade would have been better had you not shipped Lobb off as well. A mid first times 2 (at best) is not much, when Jefferson would have been there for you guys has you not. Didn't get it at the time and still don't. You have Dacry, the last thing you needed if to pay a ransom for another ruck.
Lobb was a band aid solution, there's no way he stays after this year

We have amiss developing right now and Treacy (played a shocker yes) has had a big pre season

If anything we played one too many talls yesterday so Jefferson really doesn't help us

Lobb was a band aid solution, there's no way he stays after this year

We have amiss developing right now and Treacy (played a shocker yes) has had a big pre season

If anything we played one too many talls yesterday so Jefferson really doesn't help us

Well he would help you actually as you'd still have your picks this year. Structurally Lobb was important but the bloke never sees a contract out anyway. It wasn't the talls that lost you the game, playing a cooked Fyfe does not help one single bit. Is it any surprise you played better when he was not there last year?

Well he would help you actually as you'd still have your picks this year. Structurally Lobb was important but the bloke never sees a contract out anyway. It wasn't the talls that lost you the game, playing a cooked Fyfe does not help one single bit. Is it any surprise you played better when he was not there last year?
We were always getting Jackson whether we kept Lobb or not

We were always getting Jackson whether we kept Lobb or not

Well one of those is actually a competent forward but go ahead keep playing Jackson forward and wonder why he isn't playing great. Either play him in the ruck or as a tall mid, bloke is not a forward and never will be.

Well one of those is actually a competent forward but go ahead keep playing Jackson forward and wonder why he isn't playing great. Either play him in the ruck or as a tall mid, bloke is not a forward and never will be.
Jackson plays mostly on instinct.

To be blunt, he’s a complete space cadet. He’s not very bright. I question if he would be able to learn the nuance, leading patterns etc. to be an effective tall forward.

Because of his instinctual play it works better when he’s in the chaos of a clearance.

Given JL of all people actually gave the Darcy ruck with Jackson rover a go on the weekend, I’m hopeful the club sees Jackson for what he seems to be - a clearance winning beast. Keep using him like Geelong use Blitcavs and the results will come in time I think.

I don’t think anyone at the club thought he’d be our forwardline saviour (at least, I ******* hope they didn’t), but he should be a game winner out of the middle that can pinch hit up forward. We’ve got like 10 years to figure it out and if it fails it’s on development / coaching, not the trade.

Jefferson will be a gun and hopefully our next years first rounder too but Jackson was never going to be a forward. He's a solo ruck or pure mid. He shouldn't even rest forward. He could be a key defender also. Freo will figure it out .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can people say he shouldn't rest forward when he had 3 pings at the sticks on the weekend

Maybe we should just get him to work on his snaps this week so he actually nails his 3 shots

Little bit of marking training with Treacy and Fyfe would go a long way too

It's easy to get reactionary because we just lost to the saints but jeez if he holds his marks and kicks his goals then there is definitely something there as a part timer

Luke Jackson could easily run on-ball with Darcy rucking and him as a giant midfielder.

Round 1 and the thread has already been bumped, you guys are savages!

How can people say he shouldn't rest forward when he had 3 pings at the sticks on the weekend

Maybe we should just get him to work on his snaps this week so he actually nails his 3 shots

Little bit of marking training with Treacy and Fyfe would go a long way too

It's easy to get reactionary because we just lost to the saints but jeez if he holds his marks and kicks his goals then there is definitely something there as a part timer
i think people just want to give freo supporters some flak after a fair few of them went off half cocked in the acres and lobb thread only for jackson to not really light it up round 1 either.

you have 8 years or whatever to figure out what exactly the plan for jackson is, im sure the end result will be fine

Struggled again last night (along with most of his teammates) but I am starting to suspect that poor coaching from J-Lo is not exactly helping Jackson's cause either.

Non negotiable game for Jackson and Freo this week. Lose to the bitter local rivals, finals is almost impossible to make and The Dees will cash in on a top 10 pick..

I think this trade will be a mistake for Freo.

They're going to lose arguably their best key forward in Lobb, Taberner will be 30 and is struggling a bit and they're going to bring in a guy who's an average forward to play alongside Darcy who's already a top tier ruck that isn't a good forward option either? All for the low low cost of at least 2 x first round picks and $5million.

Reckon they'd be far better served targeting a young kpf like a Georgiades or even a Himmelberg or Darling for a couple of years and drafting a couple of KPFs. Even a monsyer Tom Boyd type deal for Van Rooyen.

Jackson doesn't solve their forward problems.
bump

Your suggestions are shocking anyway

Georgiadis, lol
Himmelberg, no
Darling, no chance
Van Rooyen, hasn't even played a game lol

The only part you got right was Jackson isn't gonna be a full time forward, which everyone already knew, hell even Freo themselves knew that, Walls has said multiple times he is going to be a utility that plays everywhere

So congrats on the bump I guess?

Your suggestions are shocking anyway

Georgiadis, lol
Himmelberg, no
Darling, no chance
Van Rooyen, hasn't even played a game lol

The only part you got right was Jackson isn't gonna be a full time forward, which everyone already knew, hell even Freo themselves knew that, Walls has said multiple times he is going to be a utility that plays everywhere

So congrats on the bump I guess?
You'd have been better off so far this year with any of those guys and not sold the farm for any of them. Jackson will be good long term but it's going to be at the expense of Darcy.

You'd have been better off so far this year with any of those guys and not sold the farm for any of them. Jackson will be good long term but it's going to be at the expense of Darcy.
We would be in the same position with any of those guys

Give us a king or Naughton or Curnow or mckay and you can start talking

Not some third tall, rookie or washed up oldy

Jackson and Darcy can work, just need both of them to start holding marks

The only part you got right was Jackson isn't gonna be a full time forward, which everyone already knew, hell even Freo themselves knew that...
Maybe not ''full time'', but Brayshaw makes it clear where he sees his best footy. Can't say I agree.

''Fremantle midfielder Andrew Brayshaw says he sees new Docker Luke Jackson as a key forward instead of a ruckman.''

“But his number one role in my opinion is playing key forward.

“He’s going to be an integral factor in us kicking a lot of goals this year and winning games.”

Maybe not ''full time'', but Brayshaw makes it clear where he sees his best footy. Can't say I agree.

''Fremantle midfielder Andrew Brayshaw says he sees new Docker Luke Jackson as a key forward instead of a ruckman.''

“But his number one role in my opinion is playing key forward.

“He’s going to be an integral factor in us kicking a lot of goals this year and winning games.”

That's him outlining his role for this year, I don't expect that to be his role full time and neither do the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back