Traded Mabior Chol [Traded with #62 to Hawthorn for F2 (Bris)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Hawks interest in getting Gunston back mean this deal is off the cards?

Don't think it would have anything to do with Chol.

We are getting Chol to fill in a spot for 22 + games a season until Ramsden/DGB come along.

There won't be the expectation for Gunston. I'd be amazed if he could get up for 5-6 AFL games.

Hawthorn just trying to play tough here.

You don't offer a bloke 4 +1 years on enough money to beat two other teams, only to give up when the first offer is turned down.

F2 for Chol and some late picks to help with your FS points. Could even chuck a F4 in there if you like (Suns don't currently have a F3)

You don't offer a bloke 4 +1 years on enough money to beat two other teams, only to give up when the first offer is turned down.

F2 for Chol and some late picks to help with your FS points. Could even chuck a F4 in there if you like (Suns don't currently have a F3)
Are we forgetting that Suns wanted Chol out the door?

Totally agree, what the club offers the player in terms of contract should reflect somewhat what the offer is for trade. Unless we are talking like a Grundy type contract which we aren't here.

Isn't 2 million over 4 years less than Chol's current contract?

I would be astounded if f2 is anywhere near this deal though.

Surely, with Hawks fans claiming Koschitzke is as good/bad as Chol (choose whichever you want) Hawks could offer him Chol's contract rumoured to be 2M for 4 years + 1 (and not that rumoured miserly 1 year offer) and convince him to stay. Or just maybe Mitchell values Chol and Koschitzke differently?

It's a comedy. Looking forward to where this trade ends up.

Last edited:
Isn't 2 million over 4 years less than Chol's current contract?

I would be astounded if f2 is anywhere near this deal though.
Rumours 400-425K per year, 2 years left.

Suns want future pick(s). Hawks would get obviously something back. I would be now surprised if F3 alone does it.

Rumours 400-425K per year, 2 years left.

Suns want future pick. Hawks would get obviously something back. I would be now surprised if F3 alone would do it.
F2 could legit be 19-23 next year. If we part with that for a fringe AFL standard 26 year old I will be very disappointed.

F2 could legit be 19-23 next year. If we part with that for a fringe AFL standard 26 year old I will be very disappointed.
Definitely overs F2 alone. Personally, I would say 30-35 but what I know. Depends how clubs view him, needs etc.

Totally agree, what the club offers the player in terms of contract should reflect somewhat what the offer is for trade. Unless we are talking like a Grundy type contract which we aren't here.
Except clubs will always put different value on cap space and picks.

Hawthorn have a ton of cap space but limited draft currency. So we would value a 2nd round pick higher than we would a few hundred thousand in cap space. A club like the Suns who have had a ton of talent come in the door and have decent picks but have at times had to pay up for players might value cap space over picks.

Just because a team offers a high salary does not mean it equals a certain pick in value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously, we are not making a deal. F3 alone was already rejected. I don't think Suns will accept it on last day.

Wasn't it F3 for Chol and F4 coming back that was rejected.

This deal will get done. Chol doesn't want to be there and GC don't want him there either.

F3 for Chol will end up a straight swap on the last day. Nothing surer.

Wasn't it F3 for Chol and F4 coming back that was rejected.

This deal will get done. Chol doesn't want to be there and GC don't want him there either.

F3 for Chol will end up a straight swap on the last day. Nothing surer.
I think you're correct. Bloody hell, that was a terrible initial offer. Definitely prefer watching him in VFL. He is actually fun to watch. After some contest he looks like he died only a minute later to be fine :p

Don't be so sure :)

Wish I was list manager. I would keep Chol for one more year as a depth. If we get injuries, we could be exposed. I guess Dimma does some sorting. Casboult and Day - cheap depth.

Last edited:
We gave up nothing for Vickery. He was an RFA.

Interestingly, the Tigers got P 29 as Comp, and used it on Shai Bolton.

I think you're correct. Bloody hell, that was a terrible initial offer. Definitely prefer watching him in VFL. He is actually fun to watch. After some contest he looks like he died only a minute later to be fine :p

Don't be so sure :)

Wish I was list manager. I would keep Chol for one more year as a depth. If we get injuries, we could be exposed. I guess Dimma does some sorting. Casboult and Day - cheap depth.

A lot of GC supporters have mentioned that they would like to keep Chol for depth.

That's all well and good but the fact is that the GC (and especially Dimma) want nothing to do with Chol. As it stands he's taking up 400k in the cap for the next 2 years and you'd be happier with it off the books.

There's a reason why GC gave Chol the tap on the shoulder to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Don't expect much back if you want him shipped out.

The initial offer was unders I would agree but not as far off as some would think. Will get done for a F3 and maybe some junk picks thrown in. Or maybe something like our F3 + whatever we get from Kosi and GC throwing something our way (maybe a swap of F3 if you're banking on yourselves improving).

This will get done one way or another.

A lot of GC supporters have mentioned that they would like to keep Chol for depth.

That's all well and good but the fact is that the GC (and especially Dimma) want nothing to do with Chol. As it stands he's taking up 400k in the cap for the next 2 years and you'd be happier with it off the books.

There's a reason why GC gave Chol the tap on the shoulder to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Don't expect much back if you want him shipped out.

The initial offer was unders I would agree but not as far off as some would think. Will get done for a F3 and maybe some junk picks thrown in. Or maybe something like our F3 + whatever we get from Kosi and GC throwing something our way (maybe a swap of F3 if you're banking on yourselves improving).

This will get done one way or another.
You seem a bit knowledgeable about what Suns told Chol :)

As far as I know, the club told Chol during exit interview that his AFL opportunity will be probably limited as new kids are coming in and King is healthy, and that club is happy for him to explore opportunities if he wants to. If no acceptable offer comes up the club is happy for him to stay and fight for a spot.

Believe it or not.

Suns could be bluffing but Suns did stuck to their acceptable offer with Sharp last year and it would not surprise me they do the same with Chol. Next year could be a different story.

Salary cap is in decent shape according to club.

Yes, IMO, the deal also gets done and you could be correct. Let's see.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back