Mid-Price Madness....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going with Libba, Hanley, C Ellis and Brodie Smith.

Strongly considering Hanley > Roberton, C Ellis > Rookie then use the cash to potentially go B Smith > Premo.

Decisions.

Hamish Hartlett is my WTF sneaky chance player this year. Would be a huge POD and has some history of good SC scoring.
Pittard at North but vest of all out of all the ex and current Port players to move in the offseason is Burton. Very juicy indeed.

This is my first year as a true GnR.

Interested to see if this is the year mid-prices go berserk and kill me
Its my first year going full midpriced madness.

Dont care if I finish outside the top 100k feels good man.

Miles and Williams (who is virtually a fallen premium) provided they are fit round1. If no Miles then I might have to rejig a few things and toss a coin between Hall and Whirlpool. Tempted by Newman but 2 MPs is enough. Classing Witherden and Darling as premos.

Miles and Williams (who is virtually a fallen premium) provided they are fit round1. If no Miles then I might have to rejig a few things and toss a coin between Hall and Whirlpool. Tempted by Newman but 2 MPs is enough. Classing Witherden and Darling as premos.

I am very tempted by Williams.

Even if he returns for 94avg, thats around the Whitfield territory, for 135k less.

Good investment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my first year as a true GnR.

Interested to see if this is the year mid-prices go berserk and kill me

It's always the subpremos that get me. While last year Sicily was a fantastic mid-priced pick, the other ones who could have set you on the path to greatness were above the general midpricer (450k) mark, but not quite true premiums at season start (Lloyd, Coniglio, Grundy, McLean).

Brayshaw and McDonald were round 5-6 additions which would have been great if you jumped on them then.

Ive got 4 backline mid-pricers, 1 mid, 1 ruck and 1 forward. Chances are thats above the ideal amount but i cant see myself dropping any

I've only got 1. I'm as premo AF!

I've only got 1. I'm as premo AF!

I got 0.

rFmT2TKn1xkSb1jcVHt2NccZAjyj5wi8H562tunqrFuH57nj8Objri6EvUe3Q4eaQN2c4CuPVcQz2g1UsAcDDkj-WDgZTYQhKWEeD6w2vf0A9c9SALWRcZ0VO5JRZjxJGbfIND2r4r3HOihffXKHp-kA4I0nXsCTXM8gcAa1QPrhZ_ayfgFTCUksjlSlvNyjDyMY-be-R0YhUmo5EkDyH4DCyYQCSQFpIhhkmDNts8Cnh5Nvar-bpNvgUI2WHfJPkgqcwlaOJ81RYjnZ2663LmB37KjRmAxJlJ6Eo-g=w512-h288-nc

Ive got 4 backline mid-pricers, 1 mid, 1 ruck and 1 forward. Chances are thats above the ideal amount but i cant see myself dropping any
What limit are we setting for a mid-pricer $250k to $450k ??

Under that criteria i’ll have 3 ..... but are Williams, Brouch & Greene really mid-pricers ??

Under that criteria i’ll have 3 ..... but are Williams, Brouch & Greene really mid-pricers ??
Brouch yes. No premo history.
Williams in that Grey area as he's only had 1 premo season. Greene is a fallen premo but only just.
But I guess technically if you're midpriced then you're a mid-pricer! Although of course a fallen premo mid pricer is thought of differently as they are less risk.

If i use that 250-450k criteria then i have 2 less mid-pricers than i mentioned. I suppose the best definition of a mid-pricer for me is a player outside the top echelon of their position. By that i mean they aren't in approximately the top 15-20 price wise in the forwards & backs, top 25-30 in the mids and 5-8 in the rucks. I classified Taranto as a mid-pricer, while Witherden may be classified as a gun. I guess these classifications are pretty arbitrary because there are many factors that can potentially be considered. However, with that said, if you looked at my team i think it would be fairly obvious that at least 5 players are not guns nor rookies, while maybe 2 or 3 are harder to categorise.

Brouch yes. No premo history.
Williams in that Grey area as he's only had 1 premo season. Greene is a fallen premo but only just.
But I guess technically if you're midpriced then you're a mid-pricer! Although of course a fallen premo mid pricer is thought of differently as they are less risk.
1550393530300.png

McGrath, very very tempting. Solid JLT could get him into my side. Not much trust in the backline premos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back