Autopsy Not quite enough. Pies fall 105-77 - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t watch the game, when they got their run on in the last was it from transition from defence or from centre clearances?

I still feel they’re a better team but it is really hard to compare when our team keeps changing. All those synergy’s that the players build just keep getting chipped away when we need to bring in someone new.

I was at yesterday's game and as the players were about to enter the race at the end off the game, it looked like Moore and Maynard were having words with a bit of push and shove! Langdon stepped in between the two as they got closer to the race. Hoping it was just a bit of friendly banter! Anyone else see similar?

Sick of injuries of course but also sick of multiple in-game injuries, and they seem to occur against the better teams.

They have cost us against GWS (Broomhead, Moore), Richmond (Aish, Reid, Maynard), Geelong (Moore, Phillips as well as a pre game withdrawal of Pendlebury to be replaced by Crocker), arguaby against West Coast (Cox pre game replaced by Crocker, Sier, and a few other minor injuries in the game) and Richmond (Howe, Scharenberg)

Only our round one loss to Hawthorn is a loss where we suffered no in-game injuries.

Sick of injuries of course but also sick of multiple in-game injuries, and they seem to occur against the better teams.

They have cost us against GWS (Broomhead, Moore), Richmond (Aish, Reid, Maynard), Geelong (Moore, Phillips as well as a pre game withdrawal of Pendlebury to be replaced by Crocker), arguaby against West Coast (Cox pre game replaced by Crocker, Sier, and a few other minor injuries in the game) and Richmond (Howe, Scharenberg)

Only our round one loss to Hawthorn is a loss where we suffered no in-game injuries.
You couldn’t make that s**t up. It’s diabolical.

It’s certainly possible. Fourth is the same as first this year.
Absolutely correct and I remember having a great sense of satisfaction after that game too. We all hoped and prayed that we missed Hawks in the finals and we did, (probably not much has changed).
If we, (can) play with that intensity, (and get players back instead of losing them) we will be up to our ears in all the games between now and the finals. They won't want to play us in their first final, whereas we do.

We need luck and the cosmos to finally go our way - get back Elliott, DeGoey, Sier, Treloar, Howe, Goldy (knee be ok please), Reid (every muscle, tissue, tendon, ligament etc be ok please) and we have the system and belief to do damage. Yep 1990 Ess beat us twice in the H & A and Haw belted us a few weeks before the finals

We can finally win one we're not expected to - this will reverse many injustices... sorry to do this but I need to.....

1970... we beat Carlton x 2 in the H & A inc one belting. Beat them in the 2nd semi - GF - say no more :(

All cosmic forces - please align and let us right these ancient wrongs.... in 2018 !!!!

I got some Richmond supporting friends but the crap I have seen on here wants me to see them go out in straight sets seriously I don’t the hawks fans where this bad when they won 3 in a row
At least the Hawks earned their arrogance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Allowed to Throw in the AFL Now
I don't think it was a throw.
He did it all in one action in my opinion.
Similar to when a player is flat on his back and throws the ball up in the air and kicks it.

I think we were off a short break too that game. Oh well.

Degoey was still building fitness after having a dodgy preseason and only his 3rd game back.
3rd game we played in 11 days with 4 day break off ANZAC day and lost 2 players in game as well.

Also missing a chunk of best 22 then as well.

We just need some respite on the injury front but not liking our chances this season one too many long term injuries I think.

Lol Higgins even admitted in onfield post match interview he thought it was a throw but will take it.

You can't throw the ball up and around a post then kick it in 2 separate actions. But I guess there is some grey area there too. oh well it was some smart bit of play.

Theres no grey area. He should have punched it upwards. If he wanted to palm it it should have been in a downwards direction. After he palmed/let go of the ball it went upwards, quite clearly, and not just by a few millimetres. Clearly a throw.

I'm not giving up yet, when we lose a few players to a freak gasoline fight accident i'll call it a day, but until that day comes......

Duck toaster? Zoo lander gas fight scene with Pendles head, Sidebottoms head, DeGoey’s head and Moore’s head shopped in?

This was an impressive effort from the team, but I can't see it as an indicator of finals success this year. Too many of our best players are down, only some of them will be back for finals, and some of those will be short of a gallop. We can't go on losing players that seem key to our team and somehow filling the gaps. I didn't think we could replace Elliott, then Treloar, then Dunn and then De Goey. Somehow we did, but now one of the main reasons we were able to survive with an undersized backline, Scharenberg, is gone too. It is the fact that the players we have lost have been our best that is the problem.
Next year, however, I can see us as being nearly unbeatable if we can get a halfway reasonable run with injuries. All of our players have come on.
A caveat is that the AFL will have to direct umpires to give Mason Cox a fair go. No matter which direction he comes from to attack the ball in the air, he is shepherded off it. The weak umpiring of interference in marking was responsible for Howe's concussion, in that he was held and then pushed into the position that saw him hit. There was no response from the umpires, just as a few years ago Dane Swan's career was ended in a front on attack as he was marking. Jones would always have delivered that hit, but there was no suggestion of a free kick for the infringement. Players know they can get away with it and so they do it. In Howe's case, as with Cox we have deliberate tactics to negate dangerous players by illegal means. It is up to umpires to stop it.
That being said, I was impressed by every aspect of our game except the couple of goals we gave away through poor marking of the player running past outside 50. A lesson learned I hope.

I don't think it was a throw.
He did it all in one action in my opinion.
Similar to when a player is flat on his back and throws the ball up in the air and kicks it.
Agree. It was a fantastic goal and is great for the game.
If DeGoey did it we would be building an alter for him.
There is no reason anyone should be anything but pleased with yesterday.

The boys played their hearts out against reigning premiers, supremely injury free and on the very top of their game.

Our current side is going to be one of the best in Collingwood history in my opinion.

Hawks gave Adams a kidney punch which took him out of the game and very much hobbled his performance for the next month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back