Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would that be a bad thing?
the way i see it, the club needs to go forward by retiring these players that were involved in the Saga. + to bring back Ryder i really dont think his Ruck work is as good as it once was

the way i see it, the club needs to go forward by retiring these players that were involved in the Saga. + to bring back Ryder i really dont think his Ruck work is as good as it once was
Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.
What I meant, is why would that be a bad thing for Essendon to go backwards? I don't want to see them succeed.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.
What I meant, is why would that be a bad thing for Essendon to go backwards? I don't want to see them succeed.
why, i dont really have a clear answer right now. but i think he is best suited to the Saints as a Player an a Ruck Coach for Marshall. Ryder woulkd be good at those Roles. i just dont think he'd fit into Essendon going forward

Seems like Essendon didn't want to match Saints offer.

We can't go next year with Clarke and Bellchambers I'm hoping dodoro has another ruck he's after
he's after Toby Greene :D , it would or could of backfired on the club if EFC had of really persued Ryder hard, from what i knew, the Fans didnt want him back anyway. , Clarke will end up being delisted, his current contract finishes October31 . the club cant go in with getting another Devoloping Ruck, they take to long to Develop. itss why you cant always go to the Draft an get Mids, they take to long to develop, easier to go for a Recyclable player. IMO EFC should be looking at that Lloyd Meek or Jeremy Goddard or another Ruck around that age group from the WAFL or SANFL, my guess is that TBC will have to play that Tall Forward role anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall has been a solid revelation for the Saints. Not sure about them getting Ryder unless the plan is to have he or Marshall spending long stints up forward.

With Longer and Pierce retiring Marshall is all we have in the ruck - if he goes down we are absolutely screwed.

Ryder will be a good back-up and if Bruce goes Marshall probably does spend a bit more time up front.

Oh well.

Hope Dodoro is chasing another ruck can't go into next year with a cooked Bellchambers and Zac Clarke
Zac Clarke wont be on the list after october 31 as thats when there contracts expire , afaik he was only picked up for that 1 year to replace Luey who retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back