Toast PF = Collingwood 58-57 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Chrispiesssss this morning

hangover-stu-waking-up-scene-a8uw92al6y6uybxh.gif

Basically 😂

How good is waking up the morning after that?!?!
Dunno about you but I’m farking spent. Or in shock still. Hope the boys got a good nights rest, would’ve been hard for them to sleep after the game with us all cheering them on.

One thing I’ve not seen mentioned, does anyone feel like the apprehension from the crowd affected the team, particularly in Q2 when they reeled in our lead so quickly? I was sitting there thinking nerves got the better of the crowd (me included) and it exacerbated the pressure from GWS.

I’d like to take back a few quiet comments about Lippa, he was poor up to HT, but it just doesn’t need to be said at all. I certainly heard a lot shouting to get him off and the bad vibes flushed over a lot of others and no doubt onto the field. Lippa would be a mess of emotions this morning, no doubt elated but also potentially feeling the bite from us supporters from last night, and the presence of Tay looming large.

Liked Moore’s huge smile when the chant started after we kicked the first goal for the night. Would be interesting to know what he said to his opponent.

Never eat Maccas at 1am. Won't be doing that again....Let my son talk me into celebrating by getting Maccas on the way home. Considering it was past midnight, l thought why not, we're into a GF. Talk about pleasure and pain!!!
You should have had a souvlaki!
That's always been the de rigueur late night snack.

You know when you turn your music up too loud and you hear the distorted buzzing, it was like that essentially, that loud it was distorted.

I’m envious! Thrilled for you and everyone else lucky enough to be there. What memories!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You know when you turn your music up too loud and you hear the distorted buzzing, it was like that essentially, that loud it was distorted.
My Apple watched warned me of excessive volume levels that could be injurious to my hearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling we will go with Freddy. Frampton can't play forward very well and I can't see us changing anything in our defence as it's it's purring like a kitten
Freddy simply doesn’t clunk marks. He is a classic butter fingers who seems to double and triple grab marks above his head. There is footage of him jumping on the marking bag and muffing a simple just this week and that is fairly typical.

Dunno about you but I’m farking spent. Or in shock still. Hope the boys got a good nights rest, would’ve been hard for them to sleep after the game with us all cheering them on.

One thing I’ve not seen mentioned, does anyone feel like the apprehension from the crowd affected the team, particularly in Q2 when they reeled in our lead so quickly? I was sitting there thinking nerves got the better of the crowd (me included) and it exacerbated the pressure from GWS.

I’d like to take back a few quiet comments about Lippa, he was poor up to HT, but it just doesn’t need to be said at all. I certainly heard a lot shouting to get him off and the bad vibes flushed over a lot of others and no doubt onto the field. Lippa would be a mess of emotions this morning, no doubt elated but also potentially feeling the bite from us supporters from last night, and the presence of Tay looming large.

Watching the replay, Lippa was actually very good in Q3 but geez, that first half was awful. Even his usually good kicking was all over the place. He seems to decelerate going into tackles, either getting there too late or not at all. I think he’s subconsciously trying to protect his shoulder. If Adams doesn’t get up, he’ll get a chance for redemption in the GF. Here’s hoping he holds nothing back if he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm usually very critical of him too but that was easily my favorite game he's ever played for us.

He's had other games where he's had a lot more of it and kicked goals, even had a game where he was arguably BOG. But the tenacity and desperation he showed tonight was what I've always wanted to see from him and felt he was lacking.

He was more than just a big body out there tonight, was courageous and desperate and everything we needed from our 2nd ruck. Well done DC.
Was about to call out his name. He was particularly massive across half back in the last quarter when we really needed a tall to stand up after we lost mcstay.

I fact I’d go so far to say we can possibly live without bringing another tall in if we lose mcstay… add some zip and spark to the 23 and let Cameron/cox be the tall target . Reckon frampton is a terrible idea as is playing Howe forward

Last edited:
The abuse is equally as misplaced as the mindless apologia for someone who is a genuinely sh*t bloke.

Great footballer. Gary Ablett and Wayne Carey were great footballers too.

Yeah alright Nanci’s move on - eat some cement

Watched the replay twice now and so many 1% we didn’t execute well on the night - lots to improve on

I’m still a bit lost for words. What an incredible game and season it’s been so far.

GWS are a bloody incredible side, I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I also have lots of respect for some of their stars. Kingsley impresses me a heck of a lot.

As Fly has preached all year, I want each and every single one of us to enjoy the “deep win”.

Let’s not worry about next week just yet, but just live in the moment and really enjoy this one. It’s been an incredible journey.

As of Monday, we start to sharpen our focus to next week. Let’s really embrace Grand Final week and soak it all in.

They’ll be supporters and players of 16 other clubs wishing they’re in the same position we’re in.

In a night of firsts, I took my wife to her first prelim. I warned her she would see a different side of me than usual.

Turns out the roles were reversed. She was up and about, putting some loud mouth GWS supporters in their place, keeping me positive and providing some excellent insight during general play.

She even stayed up with me for bourbons and the replay on Kayo and took great delight in seeing Toby in tears (“what a see you next Tuesday”).

I am deeply in love with my wife and my club this morning.
Marry now. Get a brood of little Magnificent Sevens baking. Post haste.

Freddy simply doesn’t clunk marks. He is a classic butter fingers who seems to double and triple grab marks above his head. There is footage of him jumping on the marking bag and muffing a simple just this week and that is fairly typical.
I'd be worried about him doing his shoulder five minutes in too.

Framp in, Howe forward will likely be the call.

The abuse is equally as misplaced as the mindless apologia for someone who is a genuinely sh*t bloke.

Great footballer. Gary Ablett and Wayne Carey were great footballers too.
Think about all the abuse Maynard copped a couple of weeks ago.
They are very similar in their approach to the game.
They both play to win and have been suspended for some of the actions.
Both have changed their approach to the game to fit within the rules (or their interpretation).
All supporters would love to have them in their team imo.
Agree to disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back