List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

that’s not the quote, unless you heard it live, apparently he said pick 6 and a future pick for a later pick.

E.g. pick 6 and future 2nd for Cerra and future 4th.

All things considered, that’s probably what it will end up being.

As much as we’d love more, it’s probably what will get it done. I hope this can be sorted out ASAP.

fu** you Adam and fu** you Carlton.
No point in getting angry with Cerra and Carlton. Blame our List Management people.

From what I heard Cerra made it plain that he did not want to go interstate yet our people took the gamble. This sort of thing will continue to happen unless we prioritise local talent.

Lets not forget that of our top end young talent - Sturt, Young, Serong, Brayshaw, Chapman, Henry and Logue - more than half come from Victoria so we are going to have to cross this bridge again in the near future. I am fully expecting to lose another 2 to the "go home" factor.

No point in getting angry with Cerra and Carlton. Blame our List Management people.

From what I heard Cerra made it plain that he did not want to go interstate yet our people took the gamble. This sort of thing will continue to happen unless we prioritise local talent.

Lets not forget that of our top end young talent - Sturt, Young, Serong, Brayshaw, Chapman, Henry and Logue - more than half come from Victoria so we are going to have to cross this bridge again in the near future. I am fully expecting to lose another 2 to the "go home" factor.

I wish Logue wanted to go east.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that’s not the quote, unless you heard it live, apparently he said pick 6 and a future pick for a later pick.

E.g. pick 6 and future 2nd for Cerra and future 4th.
Straight from the horses mouth, on video. He wants change from pick #6, as in pick #6 was too much and needed something to come back.

Lets see them carry it out.

It genuinely shits me everytime I see it.
I've done it before (in the Connolly and Schwab era). Got so sick of their BS propaganda, that I didn't renew. Of course the year was 2006 and we made finals for the second time in our history and won our first ever final. The next year I rejoined and my prediction (for 2006) happened - shite show, with Connolly finally sacked.

Cerra deal will be around 3/4 in draft index points terms I reckon. Not less than 5 anyway.

It bloody well better be. Anything less than pick 3 value and it would be beyond a joke. Put Cerra in this year's draft and you'd maybe take Horne-Francis 1st, but you'd be an absolute idiot not to take Cerra next with his exposed/proven form.

Idiots on Trade radio saying pick six and be happy with it or he should walk to the national draft.

Then proceeded to gloat about all the players ‘SOS’ traded in from GWS to Carlton while acknowledging that most of them aren’t even playing at all any more.

I’ll just add that SOS and Barrett are flogs.

Win and they won’t. That simple. Be a destination club and not one to develop youngsters ala Ed Langdon

I don't think I've ever seen as many people posting "if x happens, I'm done" as this year.

Even relatively (for us) rational posters.
What grinds my gears the most, is that you NEVER see West Coast losing players that they don't want to lose. If they lose a player, it's on their terms! :mad:

I guess if a team from Moldova can beat Real Madrid away, Fremantle could become a destination club. Sport is that strange.

What grinds my gears the most, is that you NEVER see West Coast losing players that they don't want to lose. If they lose a player, it's on their terms! :mad:

The promise of success with actual proof of it happening in the past would help. You read about Ed just wanting success and being starved of it with us, well I guarantee that would go for almost all players.

The promise of success with actual proof of it happening in the past would help. You read about Ed just wanting success and being starved of it with us, well I guarantee that would go for almost all players.
This is so very true and that's why that elusive first Premiership can't come soon enough. We jut need one.

Back