Discussion Pre-Season Match Chat; SC scores in stickied thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to pick Preuss, just have zero trust he's going to stay injury-free or belt a bloke and be rubbed out during the season.

There are so many decent 200k options, don't see it as necessary adding another one with some of the available SP rucks, plus guys like O'Brien and Marshall who could make a very good case for R2.
And he plays for GWS, Leon is an unpredictable psychopath.

Fyfe and Mundy to come in. Fyfe probably plays 70/30 mid fwd though? Risky.
Mundy played today. Fyfe will spend some time forward, I’m assuming someone like Serong might spend a bit of time there too.

If I was JLO I’d be assessing based on team chemistry and that would include Brodie.

Brodie and Hewett
Are you taking both, one or neither?
Hewett's still a big no for me. When Walsh gets back I can see his midfield minutes tanking + there's also the chance he'll be a tagger. Realistically you're buying him for a potential sugar hit and that doesn't seem worth it for me.

Brodie is very close to being a lock for me though. Lots of $200-300k forwards though, but against that there aren't much great forward rookies.

Brodie and Hewett
Are you taking both, one or neither?
Both currently.

Hewett will play all year on the inside and is set for a career year.

Hit 28 touches both weeks in the PS, and is the perfect compliment to Cripps, Walsh and Cerra. Really clean hands, and can clearly accumulate.

Might be a bit of a stretch at this stage, but I could see him ending up a Top 6 Defender.

Brodie I’m less bullish on but can’t ignore his PS form, DPP status and role.

Hewett's still a big no for me. When Walsh gets back I can see his midfield minutes tanking + there's also the chance he'll be a tagger. Realistically you're buying him for a potential sugar hit and that doesn't seem worth it for me.

Brodie is very close to being a lock for me though. Lots of $200-300k forwards though, but against that there aren't much great forward rookies.
More likely Cerra gets pushed out to a wing with Walsh back in the side, but I could the opposite occurring too.

I see Hewett unlocking the potential of the remaining mids, and is as important - on a small sample size - as Cripps in our stoppage setup.

Both currently.

Hit 28 touches both weeks in the PS, and is the perfect compliment to Cripps, Walsh and Cerra. Really clean hands, and can clearly accumulate.

Might be a bit of a stretch at this stage, but I could see him ending up a Top 6 Defender.

Too many gulls across the league for Hewett to be top 6 defender.

I’d be keen to see what his baseline is.

The best defenders are averaging around 105. His game translates pretty well, with plenty of tackles and now the Blues looking to play a high possession type game.

Maybe not top 6, but potentially top 10.
Hewett seems pretty safe for 90+

We just don't have enough DEF rookies.
I really don't want to field Gibcus nor Kemp.

So Hewett, helps me to only field two rookies - Hinge and McCartin
If not Hewett, it goes down to Chapman, E.Richards etc

Both currently.

Brilliantly said

We just don't have enough DEF rookies.
I really don't want to field Gibcus nor Kemp.

So Hewett, helps me to only field two rookies - Hinge and McCartin
If not Hewett, it goes down to Chapman, E.Richards etc
Top 10 went 100 ave or really really close to it last year. Do we think Hewett can do that? I don’t personally. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad pick though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate

Top 10 went 100 ave or really really close to it last year. Do we think Hewett can do that? I don’t personally. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad pick though.
LOL - I gave myself plenty of room with safe 90+
But, yeah I can see him averaging higher than than 90 - how, high I'm not too sure

Fantasy Freako (@FantasyFreako) Tweeted:
Frem vs WCE final scores:

Tim Kelly 119
Michael Walters 112
Luke Ryan 111
Jordan Clark 103
Andrew Brayshaw 101
Caleb Serong 100
Will Brodie 100
Sean Darcy 95

#SuperCoach

Only 6 current defenders scored over 2100 total points.

Fantasy Freako (@FantasyFreako) Tweeted:
Frem vs WCE final scores:

Tim Kelly 119
Michael Walters 112
Luke Ryan 111
Jordan Clark 103
Andrew Brayshaw 101
Caleb Serong 100
Will Brodie 100
Sean Darcy 95

#SuperCoach

I wasn't watching. Didn't someone in here question how bad Walters is now...compared to his heyday...just an hour or so ago??

Damnit I’m going to have to consider Will Brodie aren’t I?

As I posted in another thread, a 90 ppg average doesn't get you anywhere near a top 10 defender anymore. Last year 90 ppg would have had Hewett as the 30th best defender in the league.

Since the new kickout rules, the Supercoach defender landscape has changed dramatically. Adjust your expectations for premiums. I'd want 95+ ppg as an absolute minimum for my D6. I don't think Hewett can reach that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back