C Section Premier C - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In practice JK, it’s not a lot of difference in terms of match ratio (a team that hasn’t lost will lose their 100% record if you share points though they will still finish top).

If you look at Prem C at Rd 17 2019, the only change whether you didn’t allocate points, split points or played games for Rd 18 would have been Marcellin finishing a spot higher (they played Williamstown in the last round and lost percentage).

Teams towards the bottom of the ladder drawn to play a top team might finish a spot higher by virtue of not getting a percentage hit.

If team 8 was drawn to play team 9, it could become a winner takes all game when they play the second time around (not necessarily a bad thing).

There is a small chance a club could get unlucky, though as your saints learnt in 2010 when you play with an oval ball luck is already an element in our game.

View attachment 1139693
That’s some electrifying maths skills right there Trev. Not bad for an old media bloke. Have not seen too many Slopdenvision Productions lately though. Hope all is well.

Read the VAFA rules on cancelled fixtures and the like, which they posted again yesterday in view of lock down. I have to say that it is all pretty well designed. Moves to winning ratio now, and ladder position key for finals (higher team wins a final if it is called off). Not a great week for ladder leaders to miss a shot at no. 9 when percentage becomes more important than normal but them the breaks. Might have to hire a VHS of the Ashes’ 1987 flag v Kew to keep me occupied.
Would have thought 96 or 03 flag videos more your thing jk

That’s some electrifying maths skills right there Trev. Not bad for an old media bloke. Have not seen too many Slopdenvision Productions lately though. Hope all is well.

Thanks, though if I’m honest my maths skills don’t extend much beyond the methods recorded in my second year notes for “Practical applications of economics: Sport”.

There was another lecture in there where we investigated ladder positions in a disrupted world which concluded they don’t change much after Round 9 and that the top four teams are typically locked in by Round 14/15.

If we apply this to 2019
- Williamstown and Ormond were locked in at positions 1 and 2 from rd 5
- OC and PEGS were in positions 9 and 10 from rd 7
- AJAX won 9 of the last 10 to come from 8th to 3rd.

If the season was called at round 9
- AJAX would have been unlucky (relative to seasons end), though would likely to have been happy to be out of the relegation zone.
- Williamstown would have felt they had earned the right to be promoted having just beaten every team in the comp

The philosophical question is at what point of the season you draw the line between:
- minimising the risk that the outcome for some teams is unlucky,
- rewarding teams who put in the work pre-season and get themselves into the top positions on the ladder.
30CC6FA7-59B0-4C11-86B5-43DE08B8EB92.jpeg
As for working in media, you may be confusing me with a distant cousin.

Thanks, though if I’m honest my maths skills don’t extend much beyond the methods recorded in my second year notes for “Practical applications of economics: Sport”.

There was another lecture in there where we investigated ladder positions in a disrupted world which concluded they don’t change much after Round 9 and that the top four teams are typically locked in by Round 14/15.

If we apply this to 2019
- Williamstown and Ormond were locked in at positions 1 and 2 from rd 5
- OC and PEGS were in positions 9 and 10 from rd 7
- AJAX won 9 of the last 10 to come from 8th to 3rd.

If the season was called at round 9
- AJAX would have been unlucky (relative to seasons end), though would likely to have been happy to be out of the relegation zone.
- Williamstown would have felt they had earned the right to be promoted having just beaten every team in the comp

The philosophical question is at what point of the season you draw the line between:
- minimising the risk that the outcome for some teams is unlucky,
- rewarding teams who put in the work pre-season and get themselves into the top positions on the ladder.
View attachment 1141248
As for working in media, you may be confusing me with a distant cousin.
This is very, very cool. Big fan.

Looks like OI will lose its ruckman in the Mid Season draft.

An amazing story. The kid had never played a senior game of football until his 1st game in the VFL in 2021.

Great story for my club and the VAFA. There are players running around local footy that would be handy pick ups.

Looks like OI will lose its ruckman in the Mid Season draft.

An amazing story. The kid had never played a senior game of football until his 1st game in the VFL in 2021.

Great story for my club and the VAFA. There are players running around local footy that would be handy pick ups.
Just read the Prem C write up. Would have been good to see him take on Cameron this week. Congrats to the big fella and the club. Looks like a handy talent.

Me too.

Never seen so many volunteers. We have forward scouts for each forward pocket. Each interchange player has duel masseuses.

Max "they will go missing next week" Leader
So long as they are known to the club and you have their contact details and they act responsibly I'm sure you'll appreciate their assistance if only for a week, Maxie. It's the randoms who attach themselves to gatherings that those who are responsible are concerned about you'd think.

I'm sure at OI there will be sufficient numbers of officials who will take due care, even if all those who regularly put in don't feel that way.:think:

Hampton Rovers vs Mazenod
UHS-VU vs Preston
Old Geelong vs Ormond
Old Mentonians vs Monash Blues
Marcellin vs Old Ivanhoe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcellin are too good to be 2 and 6. Missed playing HR and Preston. They also have the 3rd best defence and a percentage over 100.

Both teams played some good football on Saturday, with both teams failing to make the most of their chances.

Max "watched from afar" Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back