Banter RDT 155 - Can’t mess with tradition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was from day 3. Hardly shocking abuse. Yes it is culturally insensitive but is is at the very lower end of the scale and you would think anyone with more than 1 wife would have much thicker skin.

Well, presumably, the insult lies in the fact that it’s a Western caricature against Islam in a manner that treats it as backwards and alien. It’s also a mischaracterisation, as polygamy in Islam isn‘t widely practiced at all in the modern context.

I don’t really think you can just put it down to people being too sensitive.

Refused to buy airpods for years but finally got some a couple weeks ago. Only fell out of my ears once. Unfortunately into the toilet just then.
RIP.

I'm waiting on a knock off brand to arrive, still cost around $80. Online reviews were good (fully expect that the company wrote them themselves).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP.

I'm waiting on a knock off brand to arrive, still cost around $80. Online reviews were good (fully expect that the company wrote them themselves).
Theres plenty of knock offs around pretty sure. My doubts about wirless earphones were reaffirmed so im not sure i will buy some again. That said i really used and loved them for the short time I had them

Theres plenty of knock offs around pretty sure. My doubts about wirless earphones were reaffirmed so im not sure i will buy some again. That said i really used and loved them for the short time I had them
I have some bose wireless headphones but theyre mianly for work/travel. Figured would just use the buds for exercise (aka walking dog).

Refused to buy airpods for years but finally got some a couple weeks ago. Only fell out of my ears once. Unfortunately into the toilet just then.
I’ve had Airpods for quite a while now and they’ve never fallen out and that includes some pretty strenuous exercise.

You must have gaping ear holes or been having an incredibly violent s**t for them to fall out into the toilet.

I’ve had Airpods for quite a while now and they’ve never fallen out and that includes some pretty strenuous exercise.

You must have gaping ear holes or been having an incredibly violent sh*t for them to fall out into the toilet.
I’ve run with them too. I did change the ear to one size smaller a couple days ago and I thought at the time it was fine. I’m just gonna blame it on that

Well, presumably, the insult lies in the fact that it’s a Western caricature against Islam in a manner that treats it as backwards and alien. It’s also a mischaracterisation, as polygamy in Islam isn‘t widely practiced at all in the modern context.

I don’t really think you can just put it down to people being too sensitive.
I didnt. Simply stating that it was on day 3 and that the insult is not racist but culturally insensitive. I believe the Indian camp was claiming it as racist if media reports are to be believed.
It seems the same claim has been made about the day 4 remarks which now appear not to have been anything other than a bit of banter and a play on his name (Welcome to Sydney Shiraz). I understand Siraj has been through a tough time with the passing of his dad, but if that was all that was said and resulted in 5 blokes being kicked out and being ridiculed on national TV as racist campaigners and the game stopped for 10 minutes then that is a massive over reaction and undermines the integrity of valid racism claims.

I have some bose wireless headphones but theyre mianly for work/travel. Figured would just use the buds for exercise (aka walking dog).

I've got some Bose QC35II phones for work and they're a game changer. I do stream a lot of music from my PC though as my mobile plan was pretty s**t on data (recently rectified) so I have been planning on getting a Bluetooth USB dongle to pair the phones to my PC. Hoping that works..

Apple earphones don’t sit in my weird ear holes properly, which is why I would never invest the stupid amounts of cash to buy AirPods.

These are what I want to get, but they aren’t available in Australia for some reason -

Also, how good is Melbourne tap water after enduring WA’s swimming pool brine for 3 weeks? :shoutyoldman:

I’ve run with them too. I did change the ear to one size smaller a couple days ago and I thought at the time it was fine. I’m just gonna blame it on that

I have these after having the samsung ones before (one fell out similar story) and the audio technica ones because they half twist into place are lodged by the ridge in your ear so are never a chance of coming out. I got mine on pre christmas sale for 99 dollars from jb hifi and thoroughly recommend.

I didnt. Simply stating that it was on day 3 and that the insult is not racist but culturally insensitive. I believe the Indian camp was claiming it as racist if media reports are to be believed.
It seems the same claim has been made about the day 4 remarks which now appear not to have been anything other than a bit of banter and a play on his name (Welcome to Sydney Shiraz). I understand Siraj has been through a tough time with the passing of his dad, but if that was all that was said and resulted in 5 blokes being kicked out and being ridiculed on national TV as racist campaigners and the game stopped for 10 minutes then that is a massive over reaction and undermines the integrity of valid racism claims.
It's ironic that those blokes were turfed from the very same ground at which one of the front row seats is permanently taken up by a statue of a bloke who is revered for his banter and by-play from the outer.

1610495838337.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back