Banter RDT 158 - Beers at Badgers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that I got this canal related joke but I didn't get the Suez joke a few week's back?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That still staggers me. If people didn't find it funny, fine, but not even understanding it I'll never get. Fold the canal.

Weird to see all the Chauvin-ists that support police brutality. Now there's a pun for your Thursday morning.
Spent and hour reading FB comments on it. Some people shouldn’t breed at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The per capita incarceration rate is even more astounding when you consider how many people the police just shoot who never even get a chance to go to jail for possessing a small amount of drugs.

That still staggers me. If people didn't find it funny, fine, but not even understanding it I'll never get. Fold the canal.

I'll help you understand it (from my perspective), I didn't get it because a ship getting stuck again wouldn't be that funny. Moronic, yes. Hilarious, no. So for me trying to imagine what "the funniest thing in the world" would be just didn't compute because well, it's not really that funny.

I bet you slap your thigh every time a truck gets stuck under the Bayswater subway*.

*inb4meatballs

I'll help you understand it (from my perspective), I didn't get it because a ship getting stuck again wouldn't be that funny. Moronic, yes. Hilarious, no. So for me trying to imagine what "the funniest thing in the world" would be just didn't compute because well, it's not really that funny.

I bet you slap your thigh every time a truck gets stuck under the Bayswater subway*.

*inb4meatballs
This was my thought process too. Basically the joke must have been referring to something else because no way it could mean blocking the canal again. I was guilty of looking for something clever.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do people genuinely enjoy watching NRL? Run it a straight line, bang, stop, run it a straight line, bang, stop, perhaps a kick in there somewhere if they’re feeling adventurous.

Such a beige sport
I spent 4 of my high school years in NSW near Newcastle, prime NRL territory.

It’s like a religion, if you didn’t have an NRL team (or if you supported a Queensland one), you were a nobody. It’s all anyone would talk about (in my circles at least).

And boy, once they found out I was an AFL boy, did I cop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back