Recommitted Rory Lobb [trade is off, staying at Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

More of the typical early posturing stuff from Bell today "he's a required player" and all that.

I'm really confused as to who is chasing him so hard, he's going to cost some team an extortionate amount in salary and draft picks
Apart from the money factor you would think the Pies would chase him as a replacement for Cox, that way they could get 4 good games a year instead of 1 from their KPF.

Apart from the money factor you would think the Pies would chase him as a replacement for Cox, that way they could get 4 good games a year instead of 1 from their KPF.
Feels like a good way to get straight back into the s**t they just went through last trade period

A poster on our board, with mail that Lobb will be at Pies next year.

Sidebottom and Cox are headed to Suns to help sort cap issues.

If that mail is true Collingwood need to fire their list manager again

If that mail is true Collingwood need to fire their list manager again
Wright has a legacy to address, but he'll still want bring players in where possible.

Sorry, you’ll have to speak plainly for simple me, did Wright start at Collingwood then go to Hawks and now he’s back at Collingwood
Yes, Wright is a Collingwood premiership player.

Im curious in what Collingwood has to offer for Lobb haha! No draft picks as they will be used on Daicos aha? Or am I wrong?
They will get picks for the players they trade out.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will get picks for the players they trade out.

The Pies would have to trade their future first here, unless Freo were happy to see the back of Lobb (and pay some of his salary) which doesn't make sense.

Cox is worth nothing, Sidebottom maybe worth a second to the GC. Interesting concept.

The Pies would have to trade their future first here, unless Freo were happy to see the back of Lobb (and pay some of his salary) which doesn't make sense.

Cox is worth nothing, Sidebottom maybe worth a second to the GC. Interesting concept.
Fremantle won’t want future picks, as the fans including me are pissed off not playing finals for 6 seasons straight.

The club knows that membership will drop off and Fremantle financial situation will be threatened.

Pies will be trading more than Cox and Sidebottom you would think.

How would that sort cap issues?

lobb is on 700k

sidebottom would be on 500 or so
Cox is out of contract and should be delisted so won’t be on anyone’s cap

How would that sort cap issues?

lobb is on 700k

sidebottom would be on 500 or so
Cox is out of contract and should be delisted so won’t be on anyone’s cap
"Help sort." I don't think there would be a quick fix.

"Help sort." I don't think there would be a quick fix.
My point was more so that lobb is on more than Sidebottom

bringing in lobb’s salary doesn’t make sense for them

if they were to get rid of Sidebottom it would be for more draft capital which they will need for Daicos and also dib their academy player

Like Freo are stupid enough to pay half of his wages to the traded club for 2 or 3 years when he has another 1 or 2 years left.

Freos KPF stocks are not great. But having Lobb and Taberner are key forwards is better than nothing

Pies will be trading more than Cox and Sidebottom you would think.

None of the other guys they will trade out have much value.

They cant get Lobb without trading a future 1st and as that might be top 5 theyd be mad to trade it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back