VFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Victoria Park (Pies WON 62-60, replay links post 875, page 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

The joys of watching footy and the reading the opinions of others.
I was impressed with Greenwood and his attack on the player and ball.
Moore threatens and I think that's why people are getting excited.
I don't think he's ready physically, he's clever enough though.
Both he and Gault provided crucial contests when required and they're not included in the stats.
I don't think Marsh is ready either, sometimes panics when he has the ball.
TBS carried an injury and clearly read our thread:p
Patty has the skills, not the urgency.
BK ran and hit the packs hard, not sure who he'd replace, (I'm a Blair fan, so there goes that idea).
Loved what I saw of Reid, maybe he replaces Oxley.

Doubt It. Did not play well at VFL

Form is one thing, but match conditioning is another, which I suspect is the prevailing factor in how they will assess Levi. Is the 1 game and two-thirds of a game (or thereabouts) enough for a senior call-up?

Form is one thing, but match conditioning is another, which I suspect is the prevailing factor in how they will assess Levi. Is the 1 game and two-thirds of a game (or thereabouts) enough for a senior call-up?

He Played a Full Game and IF he pulled up okay. Then I could not see why not

Geezuz, few of you blokes have a bad nights sleep last night did you?

Can anyone tell me (without being a grumpy prick) if the reason the vfl replay isn't up on the Collingwood website is because it was on fta tv this week or for some other reason?
I want to answer your question but I keep looking at that filthy avatar of yours. Did you lose a bet?

Yes and your entire reason for making the point about the bias was looking at the disposal count, which lead you to believe Gault had played better than people were giving him credit for... *FACEPALM*

Who is calling Gault a spud based on biased? It's based on cold hard reality, he isn't a good football player, anyone with half a brain can see that. At nearly 23 years of age Gault has been given plenty of time to develop, and most of that time has been spent struggling in the VFL, before getting delisted (and rookied).

The comment "yet your too stupid to realize" is hilariously ironic because it shows you are in fact the moron. If you think giving negative assessments of young footballers on a Football forum is disgraceful you live in a truly deluded world. Or in your mind is everyone a star :rainbow::rainbow:

Maybe you should actually WATCH THE GAME before giving such stupid opinions
facepalm.jpg
Huge difference between assessing the abilities of a young player and being insulting towards them.
By the way, if you have any spare time on your hands re-read through some of the earlier threads on this board. You will be amazed at how many of our good players were being referred to as useless, spuds etc early on in their career.
Gault may make it or he may not. My issue is with the language used towards a young player.

He doesn't play a big man the way he should IMO. Would be disappointed if we kept him on the list. If we are to get / keep a ruckman on the list to support our two young tyros then number 60 ( sorry to those who have told me what his name is 100 times!!). He has go in him, is as skillful and gets to all the contest he should which is another thing Gault does not do. Really like the look of him and he has not been in an elite environment for as long as Gault- same age I think. My question on him is height.

Maybe Kightmare can tell us something about him.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/vfl/players

60. Scott Greenhough 192cm 96kg 17/5/93 Hoppers Crossing/Western U18/Deer Park

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/vfl/players/scott-greenhough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of both.

Hyped up to the nines by all and sundry, yet only touched it 6 times. On the other hand, booted 3 goals against the favourites for the 2015 premiership in only his second game as a Collingwood forward (fully a third of his team's actual goals) and joint-leading goal kicker on the ground for the day in a low-scoring game not conducive for his sort of player...

Bit of both.

Hyped up to the nines by all and sundry, yet only touched it 6 times. On the other hand, booted 3 goals against the favourites for the 2015 premiership in only his second game as a Collingwood foward (fully a third of his team's actual goals) and joint-leading goal kicker on the ground for the day in a low-scoring game not conducive for his sort of player...

Yeah the last line I got was that he only had 6 Touches BUT the Conditions where not great for Key Forwards.

How many Almost Marks did he have though?

Yeah the last line I got was that he only had 6 Touches BUT the Conditions where not great for Key Forwards.

How many Almost Marks did he have though?

What? You mean you haven't watched the replay and counted them already...? ;):eek:

It's a very meritorious win considering the amount of players we had that couldn't get out there in the last quarter such as Reid, Sinclair and wounded players such as Abbott and Young.

When you have 36 pages and counting on a post match thread for a VFL game then you know you have a passionate supporter base. :thumbsu:

I've noticed that the VFL threads tend to spike when games are on the TV. Lots of more casual supporters tune in and post what they think about what they're seeing. Mind you, it helps that the first 5 or 6 pages were mostly just shooting the breeze during the week leading up...:D

But yes, the passion is great to have and see. :hearts::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back