Autopsy Round 15 vs Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, Sunday 26th June, 4:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

7 possies and a goal is still not enough IMO. Obviously others may feel different.
I agree but I think Dew is using Davies almost like the way GWS used Jacob Hopper in 2016 when they were overflowing with high quality young mids and were able to qualify for their first ever finals campaign. Despite the competition, Hopper managed to keep his spot in the team when healthy. He averaged around 15 disposals that season which isn't really anything to rave about when you're a top 4 team and you've got other mids like Ward, Coniglio, Kelly, Smith, Scully and Griffen regularly getting 20+ touches. Leon Cameron stuck with Hopper throughout that season and gave him invaluable AFL experience which included two finals matches and that later led to Hopper becoming a 25+ disposal machine later in his career. Davies is pretty similar to Hopper in the sense that both are big bodied ball winning mids that came through the academy system and became top 10 picks (Davies was predicted to go top 10 in his draft class) so I can see this playing out very similarly.

tl;dr - Is Davies playing well enough to deserve his spot? Probably not. Will playing him now pay dividends later? Pretty safe bet.

Not sure that Davies should still be in either but with a couple forced changes already I'd doubt they will want to change much more this week. Cold and wet in Adelaide Sunday, our footy in the wet against freo was impressive so hopefully we can bring that Sunday. Rowelly might nudge 20 tackles.

Not sure that Davies should still be in either but with a couple forced changes already I'd doubt they will want to change much more this week. Cold and wet in Adelaide Sunday, our footy in the wet against freo was impressive so hopefully we can bring that Sunday. Rowelly might nudge 20 tackles.
It will be the best 6 possession 20 tackle game ever

While we've lost some good players we still haven't lost a critical piece. We still have our midfield and key position players intact. If we drop off because we lose a couple of running back flankers we are not ready yet as every team has injuries and what we have now is not anything more than league average injury list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Jeffrey will miss, but Budda likely to come in.

Rosas probably comes in for Jeffrey, but I'd love to see Burgess get a look in.

Agree with the sentiment that we can't just keep carrying Davies. Get guys in that can impact.

Agree with the sentiment that we can't just keep carrying Davies. Get guys in that can impact.

Rosas probably more ideal if it’s going to be wet

Bowes, Constable and Hollands deserve a shot

Imagine losing to port and then the club sacks Dew for Hinkley. You lot have more on the line thank you think.
Do you really think it's wise to be parroting Caro Wilson nonsense in enemy waters?

Tread carefully, Least contrary to what the song claims. You will be torn apart ;)

Budarick playing would be a massive win for us considering who we've recently lost to injury. Atkins replaces Powell and Rosas replaces Jeffrey IMO. Bowes stays in the 22 which may force Atkins to be the sub but I wouldn't be opposed to Burgess being the sub.

Also, our odds are shortening for this one. Down to $2.90 now.

Looks like the weather won't be too bad for the game, showers mainly in the morning.
Jeffery- burgess
Powell- bowes
Flanders- rosas
If Budarick doesn't get up - hollands
Atkins sub

Hinkley is a good coach imo, he was much loved here and is loved by the players there, he's taken them to multiple prelims, can't ask much more then that.

I'm a little bit confident we can hold their talls to account, especially if Thompson is available. Their smalls scare me.

Hinkley is a good coach imo, he was much loved here and is loved by the players there, he's taken them to multiple prelims, can't ask much more then that.

I'm a little bit confident we can hold their talls to account, especially if Thompson is available. Their smalls scare me.
Smalls? Which ones? As I understand Grey and Fantasia should not play. I guess it's Rozee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back