Preview Round 18, 2021 vs St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium, 17/7/21. (Now 1.15pm SA TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Port Saints game comes on tomorrow just after the kids morning cartoons have finished. And prime time sees Hawthorn v Melbourne.

Coz you know, 'Melbourne is doing it tough'.

What a freaking joke this "A"FL is.

Edit: Apparently the AFL considered moving the game to Adelaide Oval - which would have suited both clubs (esp Saints given the need to go into quarantine for next weeks game against the Eagles after playing in Melbourne tomorrow (which is why they brought the Port/Saints game forward) - but it was too hard. I can only guess SA Health made it impossible.

Last edited:

Watch Saints waltz out of our backline tomorrow. We legitimately have no leg speed in our forward 50 arc. Should of brought McIntee in instead of woodcock at least he has toe
Unfortunately you know if his the sub he will be playing at some stage.

The club better be pushing to have this moved seems fu**en ridiculous.
And of coarse it happens to us I'm over the AFL they are a bunch of curupt campaigners.
Add the umpire bias and I'm really struggling to give a fu**.

Time normally sorts most bullshit, keep the faith brother....

not at all, we're more alike than many want to admit, we feel the need to defend our club against the constant criticism.

Don't think there's 1 Saints Supporter that would wish Port to leave the AFL, you have a long and proud history, ours no so proud but we've been here a long long time.

all we would like is to NOT play Port in Adelaide for a change

Genuine question here: why?

Id be happy to play every eagles game at optus if it meant we got the lions at home for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being punished for wanting to honour our heritage only explanation I can come up with

Complete bullshit.

Can just see them taking the piss even further now in future rounds i.e. next week they get us to FIFO to Melb again to play Collingwood as it's easier to get SA Health clearance that way than having the pies doing the late flight out from Adelaide airport. What a joke.

I totally get why you guys want the game moved. I would want the same. Covid throws up opportunities to get an advantage at various times, and when you're fighting for the top 4 (or top 8 in our case) you take what you can get. We got one last week when our Brisbane game was shifted from the Gabba to Carrara.

But let's be real about the risk. There are about 20 cases in Victoria and the state is in full lockdown. Melbourne is probably in the top 10 safest cities in the world you could travel to right now, especially in the conditions the players will do it. Albeit, Adelaide would be in the top 5.
Then why move tonight’s game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back