Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem with the Richmond 2016 comparison is that it just assumes that things are gonna get better.

In reality Dimma at the end of 2016 took the proverbial long hard look at himself and was prepared to take his share of responsibility for Richmond's failure doing 2016. He realised he had made the Times' game style too complicated and had been too critical of his players for every little mistake they made. He started to listen to his players, who all wanted to play a game style that took the game on and wanted to get rid of trying to avoid losing, and started to encourage and motivate them rather than picking them apart. He also started consulted with his assistants, instead of riding roughshod over them, and together they constructed a simple but positive game plan and helped every player to understand their role within it. Dimma was willing to look at everything he could have done better, and take responsibility for Richmond's failure to reach higher than mid table.

Buckley had a similar off-season self examination and change that transformed Collingwood from persistently falling short to a top-4 team.

Hinkley either stubbornly believes nothing is wrong or blames others for Port's failure to get past mid-table. He continually throws the players on the defensive by punishing mistakes rather than encouraging them to take the game on (even if it results in more mistakes). He is forcing them play in a way that the players must know isn't going to work (e.g. bomb it to Dixon). This is exactly what Dimma did in the 2016 season, yes, but Dimma was man enough to realise he was the main problem and took steps to set things right

I see no evidence that Hinkley is capable of a similar process. This is where the comparison falls down. He won't face his mistakes and take responsibility to change.
This post nails it .. Port without doubt as a team & a club can turn around and do a "Richmond" next year. The fact is that ken Hinkley has shown zero humility, and genuine culpability for the debacle that was 2018/19. He has given no indication at all that he will follow in the footsteps of Buckley & Dimma, & learn from his errors! He sits on the safe laurels of a gift contract that he didnt earn, and IMO does not have the burning desire that that the aforementioned coaches have to succeed at all costs, even if it means doing a full 360 on his decision making, stupid game plan, & hypocritical selection policy!

One can only hope for a miracle!

fu** I can’t wait for Monday morning. Hoping that I wake up, turn on Sunrise and Koch mysteriously isn’t there. Then I get my notification about an emergency press conference. The rest is history after that.
The chance of monday afternoon seeing Stinkley out / Billy resigned vs Stinkley in / Billy as a fruit tingle is about even.

Give us some hope for our 150th dammit.

I can't wait to see Kane , Kymbo and Whatley after Ken gets the flick Monday.. reminiscent of faces like a smacked arse I'm sure.

Thank god for people in the media like David King that aren't riding Ken Hinkley hard.

I'm sick to death of saying his ******* name. I genuinely hope this is the last post I post on this thread about him untill celebration.

I can't wait to see Kane , Kymbo and Whatley after Ken gets the flick Monday.. reminiscent of faces like a smacked arse I'm sure.

Thank god for people in the media like David King that aren't riding Ken Hinkley hard.

I'm sick to death of saying his ******* name. I genuinely hope this is the last post I post on this thread about him untill celebration.
Kymbo and the Douche will be fantastic listening if Hinkley is sacked on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's true he said things to the players after the North game like "How do you expect me to explain this to members & supporters" he is just about pressure cooked.

We don't expect you to explain it to us. We expect you to resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back