Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Carro drops news about Ken’s contract and the financial status of the club, Ken immediately comes out and confirms his performance clause

Sounds too scripted

But who orchestrated it? PAFC to bring members to reality? Or Ken’s management to launch a defence?

If the decision hasn't already been made at board level, I don't know what the * they are doing.

It could well be a softening up (ala co-captains), but there are so many moving parts with this - surely it's not a planned effort.

I think more likely, they are trying to keep him - and pushing all the emergency buttons in the process. But, like most things this administration has touched - its backfiring.

So Carro drops news about Ken’s contract and the financial status of the club, Ken immediately comes out and confirms his performance clause

Sounds too scripted

But who orchestrated it? PAFC to bring members to reality? Or Ken’s management to launch a defence?
Our executives like Caro and give her stuff/leaks. Not sure if we would have leaked this one as its a bit embarrassing, unless they thought it would really help.

Boak's manager might have dropped it if he had a second player at Port have to do the same thing.

The Hinkley clause has been known about since 2018, its just the exact specifics have never been officially confirmed before today. The media's job is speculation. Ken was right in his interview on SEN that all contracts would have performances clauses and they aren't usually made public. Just he had a trigger clause rather than straight performance clause and given his situation and all the questions about it he confirmed it all to his mate Kane who asked him straight out about it.

But I have no doubt his manager Peter Blucher has been working the media the last couple of months to promote Ken's case.

Ports Big Footy waiting for the news we all want to hear...

CTA Coming GIF - CTA Coming To GIFs

Ken announcing he's out next Monday.

Randy Watson Comingtoamerica GIF - RandyWatson Comingtoamerica Sexualchocolate GIFs

Ports Big Footy after the announcement

Applause Clapping GIF - Applause Clapping Happy GIFs

I don't see our board replacing a coach that can at least get us midtable in our 150th vs a coach with no track record at AFL level.

There are not a lot of AFL coaches available that have teams that regularly play finals and are looking for a job.
If we had $5m cash in the bank I would agree with you. But the club has pumped up 150th anniversary now for 2 or 3 years and they can't go into with no hope, negative sentiment and a membership base that is screaming for changes.

Its why the Choco back a a mentor for maybe a young coach that Dwayne mentioned a couple of weeks ago, must be in play as one alternative, because discussion about Hinkley and what to do next year, and consider different scenarios would have been discussed since early June, if not earlier in the season.

• “Strategically they’re on the path”
• “Particularly when you’ve got the youth there”
• “They’ve invested heavily in young players”
• “Ken’s been brave in sticking with the kids”

REPEAT: we were older and more experienced than Richmond and 11 other teams on the weekend.
For those in Melbourne, we are doing exactly what they want us to do. They wish us to be a middle-of-the-table side: good enough to provide entertaining games; but bad enough not to bother their favorites.

Of course, we are "strategically... on the path." The question is: whom's strategy?

Jeeeez..

Gerard Whately now on 360...

Port is DUTY BOUND to ensure Hinkley is their coach next year.

WTF is it with these campaigners?
Gerard Whately can get absolutely ****ed.

This bloody youth narrative and simple nodding acceptance by every man and his dog in the media is infuriating.

Firstly, we're playing a few kids in an old side, carried by its oldest players. Boak and Gray are going to be long retired before Butters and Rozee are hitting their peak. It just totally ignores everything about the list because we happen to be playing a few talented first round picks.

And as Teekray regularly points out, even if we were playing the youngest side in the league every week, what business does Ken Hinkley have leading that rebuild given the awful results and stagnant development rife under his stewardship.

Our executives like Caro and give her stuff/leaks. Not sure if we would have leaked this one as its a bit embarrassing, unless they thought it would really help.

Boak's manager might have dropped it if he had a second player at Port have to do the same thing.

The Hinkley clause has been known about since 2018, its just the exact specifics have never been officially confirmed before today. The media's job is speculation. Ken was right in his interview on SEN that all contracts would have performances clauses and they aren't usually made public. Just he had a trigger clause rather than straight performance clause and given his situation and all the questions about it he confirmed it all to his mate Kane who asked him straight out about it.

But I have no doubt his manager Peter Blucher has been working the media the last couple of months to promote Ken's case.
Any time Caro is talking Port Adelaide

1 It is a leak
2 She supports the leaker
3 It is always has an element of truth but also a lot of one sided b/s

Finally, when Caro is involved on our inside stuff we are ****ed

If we had $5m cash in the bank I would agree with you. But the club has pumped up 150th anniversary now for 2 or 3 years and they can't go into with no hope, negative sentiment and a membership base that is screaming for changes.

Its why the Choco back a a mentor for maybe a young coach that Dwayne mentioned a couple of weeks ago, must be in play as one alternative, because discussion about Hinkley and what to do next year, and consider different scenarios would have been discussed since early June, if not earlier in the season.

I'd even consider Choco as the senior coach at this point. Would be a relatively short period (2-3 years) but you know he would at the very least clean up the BS that the club has leg seep in to its very core.

As much as people are irked by him, he was a very successful coach who didn't necessarily care about age or experience. He tended to play the best players (what a novel concept) though his final year or two was certainly obscure. That being said, he was instrumental in the development of the young players at GWS and Richmond. How he never got a 2nd chance as a senior coach I have no idea.

I don't see our board replacing a coach that can at least get us midtable in our 150th vs a coach with no track record at AFL level.

There are not a lot of AFL coaches available that have teams that regularly play finals and are looking for a job.

Do you really think an untried coach would struggle to get us mid table?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds too scripted

Good questions. Like I said in a previous post, I can't help wondering whether this is part of the AFL (and/or his manager) trying to engineer a face-saving soft landing for Ken (as opposed to a Trumpian "you're sacked!") as part of a "mutually acceptable" exit strategy to get us all out of this ridiculous contract.
Which would imply that things are a fair way down the track.

Last edited:
Can hardly believe that contract clause....make finals once in 3 years for an extension? Once in 3 years?? Jesus Christ, could they have set the bar much lower? Is there anyone left at that club that remembers the old Port Adelaide? It is to weep...
No they couldn't have set the bar lower, yet he still can't make it. Says everything really.

It’s going to feel so liberating when he eventually does get the flick
I'm actually going out and celebrating with a drink when it happens.

It'll be a long process of appointing a new coach so there will be plenty to talk about between now and the trade period etc.

If he does survive and goes around again...I honestly dread what it'll do. It may even end footy for me as a whole until I get sucked back in somehow.

When he goes I'll feel relieved that it has finally happened but with the general apathy I have for the club after the last 5 seasons and the fact that the club seems on the edge of becoming a smoking crater I just don't see happy times in the near future.

Prove me wrong, Ports.

When he goes I'll feel relieved that it has finally happened but with the general apathy I have for the club after the last 5 seasons and the fact that the club seems on the edge of becoming a smoking crater I just don't see happy times in the near future.

Prove me wrong, Ports.

Yep. Absolutely no faith in the club ever doing the right thing. Ever.

As much as we think the players love Ken, have we ever seen where Ken gives a player some man love, like Clarkson & Bevo. Could be that there are two sides to Hinkley, one for the media and one for the team.
Which is why I once asked if the coach has any very regular contact with ALL players on the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back