Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious as to whether there was a chance of him nabbing the all time record.

Surely, SURELY, that doesn't happen. Coaching Port in 2024 after still no grand finals. Surely.
David Koch: Hold my beer.

Hey folks and sorry to intrude on your board, but there's mail regarding GWS considering Ken Hinkley as their next coach. This is bad news for you guys because I can see Ken Hinkley using GWS as leverage, just as he used Gold Coast as leverage back in 2017.

GWS, Gold Coast and Port Adelaide (along with Sydney and Adelaide) have their boards controlled by the AFL rather than the members. I hate this because the AFL don't want either of our clubs winning premierships, rather they want us being constantly competitive without bottoming out.

The AFL want premierships to be distributed between VIC/NSW/QLD as it means more money in their coffers and more eyes on screen/bums on seats in NRL heartland. Look at 2018 when West Coast won the flag, the AFL weren't happy as they missed out on that cash flow filling their coffers.

Your club should be in Clarkson's ear but we all know they'll be only worried about preventing GWS from poaching Ken Hinkley.

I'm not sure how Ken Hinkley has stayed in a job this long to be honest. People point to him taking the Power to within a kick of a grand final in 2014 but we had a similar spike under Brenton Sanderson in 2012 and that didn't save him from getting the boot 2 years later.

Did Ken Hinkley save Port from folding or something? You'd think that was the case seeing all the happy clappers bringing up 2011/2012.

It's crazy to think Mick Malthouse started coaching at Carlton the same time as Ken Hinkley started coaching at Port Adelaide, especially when Carlton have no players left who played a game under Malthouse apart from Cripps and Docherty.

Hey folks and sorry to intrude on your board, but there's mail regarding GWS considering Ken Hinkley as their next coach. This is bad news for you guys because I can see Ken Hinkley using GWS as leverage, just as he used Gold Coast as leverage back in 2017.

GWS, Gold Coast and Port Adelaide (along with Sydney and Adelaide) have their boards controlled by the AFL rather than the members. I hate this because the AFL don't want either of our clubs winning premierships, rather they want us being constantly competitive without bottoming out.

The AFL want premierships to be distributed between VIC/NSW/QLD as it means more money in their coffers and more eyes on screen/bums on seats in NRL heartland. Look at 2018 when West Coast won the flag, the AFL weren't happy as they missed out on that cash flow filling their coffers.

Your club should be in Clarkson's ear but we all know they'll be only worried about preventing GWS from poaching Ken Hinkley.

I'm not sure how Ken Hinkley has stayed in a job this long to be honest. People point to him taking the Power to within a kick of a grand final in 2014 but we had a similar spike under Brenton Sanderson in 2012 and that didn't save him from getting the boot 2 years later.

Did Ken Hinkley save Port from folding or something? You'd think that was the case seeing all the happy clappers bringing up 2011/2012.

It's crazy to think Mick Malthouse started coaching at Carlton the same time as Ken Hinkley started coaching at Port Adelaide, especially when Carlton have no players left who played a game under Malthouse apart from Cripps and Docherty.
Thanks for the warning. Hopefully Kochie is reading this and putting a godfather offer together to retain his services.

Where's your mail from?

And what happened in 2017 that made you stop posting for 5 years?

There will be a riot at Alberton if they extend him without a flag at this point, and I know that because i'll lead it.

I'd be more inclined to believe Hinkley would be moved to GWS by the AFL as a sweetener to seamlessly move Clarkson onto his seat at Alberton. Everyone (supposedly) wins.
If Clarkson wants to come to Port he'll come. He isn't going to be told by the AFL where he's going to coach. It'll be his choice and his only.

I know GWS are a small fanbase but imagine Leon Cameron moving on and to replace him you get Ken Hinkley.

Nobody deserves that.

Ken would be incredible for gws. Would be a master stroke by the afl.

In all fairness Sando wasn’t dumped for his coaching record though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope GWS don't come after our talented assistant Nathan Bassett, that would be a massive coup for them.

I know GWS are a small fanbase but imagine Leon Cameron moving on and to replace him you get Ken Hinkley.

Nobody deserves that.
I think there's a lot of people in influential places who genuinely rate Hinkley, his ability to mould a team, and would consider him a perfect fit for GWS and the market they're in.

I'm heading to Melbourne in a couple of weeks any one know of Clarkos whereabouts?

Since Kochie doesn't want to do his job I'll happily do it for him and throw the bigfooty chequebook at him to recruit him to our club.

I can't see anyone giving Hinkley a senior gig after he's finally gone from Port. Despite all the illogical mollycoddling and backslapping he gets from within the AFL world, any team sitting down to consider their new coaching options would look at his 10+ year reign of middling performance and wasted opportunity and think, "hmm, maybe not".

I can't see anyone giving Hinkley a senior gig after he's finally gone from Port. Despite all the illogical mollycoddling and backslapping he gets from within the AFL world, any team sitting down to consider their new coaching options would look at his 10+ year reign of middling performance and wasted opportunity and think, "hmm, maybe not".
This is why he won't walk away. He knows he won't get another senior role despite what the morning TV show buffoon believes. He'll do everything he can to milk another contract extension out of Koch other than actually being a successful coach.

I think there's a lot of people in influential places who genuinely rate Hinkley, his ability to mould a team, and would consider him a perfect fit for GWS and the market they're in.

Hinkley? That bloke who saved the little battler club and actually got them into the AFL finals? Top of the line coach

I think the there would be only 2 teams that would look at Hinkley and that imo is GC or GWS.

This is why he won't walk away. He knows he won't get another senior role despite what the morning TV show buffoon believes. He'll do everything he can to milk another contract extension out of Koch other than actually being a successful coach.
Agreed, unless he has a contract in front of him with GC or GWS he wont leave without being sacked.

Sack Hinkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back