Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the uncertainty of not knowing if you have a job next year. That’s worse, can’t properly assess your options and plan your future.

Also, pretty sure un-contracted staff need to be told if they are going to be re contracted or not.
I mean they weren't told on Aug 1 when they were supposed to so theyre already in the dark.

It's about as depressing as it can get watching North get a 4 time premiership coach while we get gaslighted by Daddy Donuts and his idiot accountant Uncle Fester.
Hopefully Clarkson at North will be a rerun of Pagan at Carlton. Watching Clarkson torch Essenton would be much more fun though.
Time to get rid of Kochie mate.
As big as his media presence is, it's not worth keeping him around if he can't make the tough decisions when needed.
Things only starting to change at the roos because Hood came in and started cleaning house.

Will we make finals is the question. Won't know that till we see the draw.

Cop a really tough start to the year, lose a few games early and I think he'd be gone quickly.

If we remain in the finals hunt, they'll probably stick with him till later in the season.

I just can't imagine a world in which we extend him. If we do, it'll be a monumental error of judgement and we'll need to stand up as a supporter base and do something extreme about it.

People are trying to stand up now before further monumental errors of judgement are made. An action could be plastering Alberton oval headquarters with hundreds of stickers overnight and letting the TV networks know early morning.

As big as his media presence is, it's not worth keeping him around if he can't make the tough decisions when needed.
Things only starting to change at the roos because Hood came in and started cleaning house.

Yep, it’s become apparent to me only recently that kochie is actually the bigger problem ahead of Hinkley. Kenny will be coaching us in 2023 whether we like it or not but kochie should get the arse ASAP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a simple equation - you either think 2020 and 2021 were the aberrations and guys like Rozee, Powell-Pepper and Marshall having career best seasons this year is a mirage…which means that this year is normal transmission because Hinkley is s**t and can’t develop players.

Or you think that 2020 and 2021 were a natural progression and 2022 was a blip due to injuries and fixtures that had us playing every top eight side away from home, and that with a better run from Dixon and Fantasia at the start of the season + Finlayson being up to speed with the gameplan + Rozee and Butters improving + getting a decent player like Dunkley in…that we will have a good year regardless.

2023 will answer your question.
Neither of these things are what I think.

I think in 2021 our coaches box was miles better than in 2022. Rating each coach on a scale of -10 to +10...

2022 box:
Hinkley = -2
Senior Assistant Vacant = -10
Bassett forwards = -5
Monty mids = -2
Cornes def = -8

Total = -27

2021 box:
Hinkley = -2
Voss senior assistant = 7
Bassett forwards = -5
Schofield mids = 8
Monty def = 9

Total = 17

And yes, if we get in a great team around him we may go ok again like in 2020 and 2021. The problem is that for finals you need an extra gear which falls largely on the senior coach, which Ken doesnt have. Its why we havent won a knockout final since 2014.

We lament ourselves as supporters for having to endure this groundhog day, sh*tshow for another year but my gosh, our poor players.

Maybe Clarko is wanting to leave it till after round 22 in respect to the coaches (which makes no real sense if he takes the North job as they have no coach) because if he takes the Bombers job Ken will be in the spotlight.

Still think he takes the North job.

We will literally be going through the motions if he stays, and everybody knows it.

Sack Koch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daddy Donuts will be appearing on SEN SA this morning with the five minute fireman.

"Send in questions Port fans or the so called Port fans"

Dear donut, why haven't you stood aside like any normal person with dignity would have you campaigner?

I see Clarko speaking with Essendon as just a negotiating tactic to squeeze an extra year or 100k from North before signing on

We are stuck with Donuts until at least round 12 2023

Yep, it’s become apparent to me only recently that kochie is actually the bigger problem ahead of Hinkley. Kenny will be coaching us in 2023 whether we like it or not but kochie should get the arse ASAP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only recently? He started as a dopey football casual with a liking for more than one team and it's gotten worse since. He's been damaging the ethos of the club for years.

Absolutely correct but we can't do anything about that, short of giving up our memberships. The Northern Beaches Dilettante is rusted on due to the AFL's intervention and its changes to our constitution removing members' power.

Lol that interview was one of the softest I’ve heard. And to top it off Kane wraps it up by describing Hinkley as a coach that “never shirks a tough question”. He didn’t bloody have to!!

The shortage of lettuce across the country is due to all the wet lettuce leaves the media throw at this fraud.

Lol that interview was one of the softest I’ve heard. And to top it off Kane wraps it up by describing Hinkley as a coach that “never shirks a tough question”. He didn’t bloody have to!!

The shortage of lettuce across the country is due to all the wet lettuce leaves the media throw at this fraud.

Never shirks a tough question lol..

Ken do you have faith you're gonna be coach next year.

1,000 yard stare

Have a good day.

Didn't listen because one of Kane and Ken in my ears is too much

Both might spell disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back