Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2 points up at HT to copping a 50-burger by the final siren.

I was at the game, just couldn't remember if we kicked one in the last. It's scary to think we actually aren't performing much below that level right now.

Last edited:

Besides, if Monty isn’t appointed Head coach, he might walk, like he did at the Bulldogs.

Last coach who threatened to walk out from here got the attention he wanted and didn’t deserve.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

On the Ruçci "keyboard warrior" thing, how does Rucci prepare his articles in defence of Hinkley?

I may be expressing my displeasure with Hinkley on the interwebz but I am also a member of the PAFC so it is not as if I am just some random nobody.

Maybe rather than being a keyboard warrior I should, as a club member, be voting against all the board members, including the chairman, who signed off on Hinkley's premature and completely undeserved contract extension ..... oh wait, that's not an option. :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t he supposedly undermining Bevo too?

Former North Melbourne champion Wayne Carey suggested Beveridge might have seen Montgomery as a threat given he was close to snaring the top job after the Bulldogs sacked Brendan McCartney
“A lot of coaches for whatever reason (don’t like to have) people right under them that are really thriving and maybe I guess pushing certain things.”

View attachment 713656

Ken Hinkley: We need an understanding when to do it and when not to do it 🙄

Chris Scott: It’s always the right time to be yourself 👏

“I played with Jason Akermanis. As long as you can back it up it’s fine.”

If my memory serves me right, this is the game where there was an free in the centre of the ground for the start of the last quarter. The ump initially signalled with his arm toward the Essendon goal, indicating it was our free, so our players streamed forward, emptying most of our defensive half of the ground. The ump then corrected himself and Essendon went forward went into a very open forward line for an easy goal, and combined with a classic Falloonout, we never recovered.

Exactly. Going on past outcomes, saying the coach has your full support is a very good sign.
To borrow a line from Yes Prime Minister, you have to be right behind someone, in order to stab them in the back 😀.

It pisses me when they've said "we're not far off". Absolutely in denial. If they say it again my blood pressure will be peak.
Depends what not far off means:

* Not far off losing half our members
* Not far off becoming a laughing stock
* Not far off bottoming out
etc

I was at the game, just couldn't remember if we kicked one in the last. It's scary to think we actually aren't performing much below that level right now.
I can remember several games from 2011/2012 where we stayed with the opposition for the first half then got demolished. The first couple of times I was silly enough to think we might be improving, then I woke up.

I’ve never called Hinkley a ‘wrecker’, although he’s in the process of leaving wholesale wreckage in his wake.

What I’ve called him, for a long time, is a ‘Loser’, capital L.

This has been based on his football record - his complete lack of personal ultimate football success at the highest level which I am certain has contributed to the wide streak of pessimism that has run through him since day dot.

I first recognised it at halftime of the 2013 semi-final vs. Geelong, based on his instruction to the players to look over their shoulders ... and mentioned this to KT over lunch in Hong Kong at the end of February 2016, the CEO having just described the senior coach as ‘stubborn’.

Stubbornness comes from innate pessimism, fear of continued failure, as much as anything else.
Hi LR
How did you find the CEO during your involvement with Pafc.
What are your thoughts on him and was he the main driver of Hinkleys reappointment.

Only way he goes is of we get belted in 3 or 4 of our last 5. Which isn't out of the realms of possibility. I have a horrible feeling we are stuck him based on KT and Kochie saying what they are.

If we get done by 60-90 points in front of a lowish crowd by the Giants next Saturday night which seems likely the way they played yesterday that may kick start the board. Besides that they'll sell the young list and all of that bulls**t all summer. Can see it happening a mile away.
Yep me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back