Sam Mayes potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

That he was the reason the AFL finally came in and cleaned the joint out?

Yeah maybe. I was going to say at least he managed to coach some wins. Although we are still on track to record a similar number this year to the past few years.

He was a gun CHB ..... there is that.
He must be doing a good job at Richmond.... theres another.
He has red hair.....
Ummmm....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodongo grows lethargic at this attitude by supporters.

Mayes has been a whipping boy here for years. Those righting him off are way premature. He had a great year when he learnt to be a defender. Dodongo points out he is still 23. Dodongo looks today and Mayes played forward and wing predominately. So he is switching what he was doing the last two years so of course he is not going to light it up.

Dodongo knows Mayes is nowhere near a bust and will prove you negative nancies wrong when he starts playing in his rightful position - forward. Just takes patience.

Last edited:
Amazing how harshly some are judging a 23 year old bloke who has re-signed with us twice in his career despite serious interest in his home state and Victoria and finished top 5 in last year's BnF because he had a bad start to the year. Rockliff had the exact same issue in Port this year and played SANFL and is now back to strong form; there is absolutely no reason Sam won't do the same.

Interesting wasn't aware. Do know that McStay prefers to play forward

Just going off of what other posters have said.

Although from his media work it leads me to believe McStay may prefer playing forward. His kicking for goal would say otherwise

The story is that Mayes prefers it.
I saw an interview where I heard him say that he was happy to play back because of his ball use.
But I honestly felt at the time that it was a team thing to say, not that he absolutely well and truly wanted to play back.
More so, that is where the team (Coach) needs me to play.

I saw an interview where I heard him say that he was happy to play back because of his ball use.
But I honestly felt at the time that it was a team thing to say, not that he absolutely well and truly wanted to play back. More so that, that is where the team (Coach) needs me to play.

Definitely the impression I got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back