SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it should be good one but even if they lose to Doveton they have sandown, dandy then Moorabbin at home coming up so they would back themselves to gain percentage and be 6-6 after 12 rounds.

Still well in the mix for finals

More than just in the mix...they are seriously playing for the new coach. To come back they way they did against quality opposition was outstanding - was a cracking game.

Eagles need to be smarter with 50-50 frees - to give 3 50s away in the last quarter was unforgivable

Had to laugh after the game when a few of DE's brain surgeon supporters wanted to belt some bloke walking his dog for allegedly stealing a footy....same old same old with that mob

More than just in the mix...they are seriously playing for the new coach. To come back they way they did against quality opposition was outstanding - was a cracking game.

Eagles need to be smarter with 50-50 frees - to give 3 50s away in the last quarter was unforgivable

Had to laugh after the game when a few of DE's brain surgeon supporters wanted to belt some bloke walking his dog for allegedly stealing a footy....same old same old with that mob
The Jets surprised me with the win. It would be a fair effort to make finals from where they were a few weeks back. Did they have a few players return from injury?? Was also surprised to see their twos get done as they had been travelling fairy well.

Well it's a know fact segeti he's paid he has told numerous people.
So what now ? This is awkward :/

Yep but is on clear match payments as they continue to recruit 'that type' of player and keeps their reputation sound.

Im sure the 6 weeks non match payments will help the bottom line however does nothing to uplift the clubs cred. As stated, all their long term players are great but the newbies leave a lot to be desired like Sicketi

Speaking of Dandy, how would they be feeling this morning?
I thought I would wander down after watching them last week. What a shambles they were this week. In saying this they looked like they had no structure and on kicks out had one big target who could take a solid grab. On the other hand sandown ran and ran number 7 was very quick.
Sandowns coach just out coached Dandys coach.

Intense last 5 minutes though Dandy missed 3 simple shots.
Credit to sandown though

Agree that influence is minor & if sides are clearly poor by hand & foot, you chase ass all day lol

But whilst we are talking about 'cheats' ashwoods club umpire (forget his name) always pretty much umpires their seconds these days, dunno sometimes probably ones too, he would have to be the BIGGEST CHEAT IN SFL HISTORY. Man lol if that guy was anymore one sided he'd be wearing a ashwood strip to. Don't want to take anything away from ashwoods twos (good reserves side) but he needs to hang up the whistle. I know several clubs don't want him officiating their games, cheat flog & genuinely knows he's doing it & laughs

Hopefully he reads this, or someone from ashwood can pass it on........ dog & a cheat
Agree that influence is minor & if sides are clearly poor by hand & foot, you chase ass all day lol

But whilst we are talking about 'cheats' ashwoods club umpire (forget his name) always pretty much umpires their seconds these days, dunno sometimes probably ones too, he would have to be the BIGGEST CHEAT IN SFL HISTORY. Man lol if that guy was anymore one sided he'd be wearing a ashwood strip to. Don't want to take anything away from ashwoods twos (good reserves side) but he needs to hang up the whistle. I know several clubs don't want him officiating their games, cheat flog & genuinely knows he's doing it & laughs

Hopefully he reads this, or someone from ashwood can pass it on........ dog & a cheat

Hi Keithy_George,

Your favourite SFL umpire, Steve Castersen, responding here mate! (shattered you'd forgotten my name!). Thank you for your recent feedback...

You'll be pleased to know that your comments were indeed brought to my attention, & I thought, hello, maybe there might be some new material in amongst your musings that I might get a chuckle out of, but sadly, just the usual suspects...cheat, flog, dog etc...how boring!

How 'brave' it was of you to produce such a rambling diatribe from behind a veil of anonymity & the relative safety of a device...lol! Advancements in social media certainly have brought out the keyboard warriors in us, haven't they!

Just for the record, I have now clocked up 310 games as the Ashwood Club umpire, commencing way back in 1998, & have never been hauled up before the SFL hierarchy over any allegations of favourable treatment to the Ashwood FC. If anything, I have always been conscious of perceptions that may or may not exist, & as some Ashwood people would probably attest to, am probably a bit tough on them from time to time?

But enough about me, & assuming you've done your homework, you may now want to enlighten us all to the clubs that don't want me officiating their matches...would make for interesting reading, as up until a fortnight ago, I had umpired 214 consecutive Ashwood home & away matches...

I have also carefully considered your advice about hanging up the whistle, but I don't know how happy my wife would be about that, as she has grown quite used to having me out the house on Saturday arvos in winter! The bad news for you, & god knows how many other SFL footballers, is that I love what I do, have a great deal of pride in my performance & have met countless numbers of terrific people over the journey! Therefore, I might push on for another year or two before the body calls time on me! (I can hear you cursing right now!)

Anyway, if you're unfortunate enough to cop me at the next Lyndale v Ashwood clash, come up & say g'day if you're game enough...If I have always been one thing, it's approachable!

Cheers...Steve.

Hi Keithy_George,

Your favourite SFL umpire, Steve Castersen, responding here mate! (shattered you'd forgotten my name!). Thank you for your recent feedback...

You'll be pleased to know that your comments were indeed brought to my attention, & I thought, hello, maybe there might be some new material in amongst your musings that I might get a chuckle out of, but sadly, just the usual suspects...cheat, flog, dog etc...how boring!

How 'brave' it was of you to produce such a rambling diatribe from behind a veil of anonymity & the relative safety of a device...lol! Advancements in social media certainly have brought out the keyboard warriors in us, haven't they!

Just for the record, I have now clocked up 310 games as the Ashwood Club umpire, commencing way back in 1998, & have never been hauled up before the SFL hierarchy over any allegations of favourable treatment to the Ashwood FC. If anything, I have always been conscious of perceptions that may or may not exist, & as some Ashwood people would probably attest to, am probably a bit tough on them from time to time?

But enough about me, & assuming you've done your homework, you may now want to enlighten us all to the clubs that don't want me officiating their matches...would make for interesting reading, as up until a fortnight ago, I had umpired 214 consecutive Ashwood home & away matches...

I have also carefully considered your advice about hanging up the whistle, but I don't know how happy my wife would be about that, as she has grown quite used to having me out the house on Saturday arvos in winter! The bad news for you, & god knows how many other SFL footballers, is that I love what I do, have a great deal of pride in my performance & have met countless numbers of terrific people over the journey! Therefore, I might push on for another year or two before the body calls time on me! (I can hear you cursing right now!)

Anyway, if you're unfortunate enough to cop me at the next Lyndale v Ashwood clash, come up & say g'day if you're game enough...If I have always been one thing, it's approachable!

Cheers...Steve.

Great work and response Steve.

Keep up the good work as our people have never questioned your integrity unlike this keyboard warrior from Lyndale.

I think Keithy is just another member on the 'steps of flogs' at Lyndale and will hide from you next time you are there.

All the best.

Keep up the good work as our people have never questioned your integrity unlike this keyboard warrior from Lyndale.

I think Keithy is just another member on the 'steps of flogs' at Lyndale and will hide from you next time you are there.

All the best.

Appreciated mate!

All the best.

Maybe you could teach Keithy how to hide, you're pretty good at it.

Hi Keithy_George,

Cheers...Steve.

Hey Steve.

Long time fan here. Do you have any tips for a budding umpire like myself?

Hi Keithy_George,

Cheers...Steve.

Absolutely well said steve! Just because you know most ashwood reserves players by name doesn't mean that you're favouring them! Ripper response keep umpiring the way you do

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Heatherton not used for Div 3 finals however the Cheltenham ground is disappointing as its a small ground.
I thought I would wander down after watching them last week. What a shambles they were this week. In saying this they looked like they had no structure and on kicks out had one big target who could take a solid grab. On the other hand sandown ran and ran number 7 was very quick.
Sandowns coach just out coached Dandys coach.

Intense last 5 minutes though Dandy missed 3 simple shots.
Credit to sandown though

Yeah well done to Sandown in what was a very low scoring game. Both sides should be commended in showing up each week.

Great come from behind win to Sth Yarra over Lyndale . As I stated at start of the year, Lyndale just continues to tread water in Div 3. Not going forward, not going backward, just treading water, not even relevant really. They open the doors at the start of the year then close them again at the end with nothing to show for any effort apart from paying under performing players. Wouldn't want to drop another against Lyndhurst next week. They were totally against them coming into the comp so will be interesting.

Hopefully Doveton refunded everyone's $5 after their fade out in last quarter.
Robbo only kicking 3 so must have been well held. Very poor return for such a high priced player.

Great come from behind win to Sth Yarra over Lyndale . As I stated at start of the year, Lyndale just continues to tread water in Div 3. Not going forward, not going backward, just treading water, not even relevant really. They open the doors at the start of the year then close them again at the end with nothing to show for any effort apart from paying under performing players. Wouldn't want to drop another against Lyndhurst next week. They were totally against them coming into the comp so will be interesting

Sorry bud I sit back and let you have little digs at Lyndale as this forum is predominantly used for playful banter, that being said I have to pull you up on this.

Lyndale were never against Lyndhurst coming into the comp last year, either formally or informally.

We do have some concerns about potentially Hampton Park and a possibility of Clyde forming a team and coming in.

Good to see Heatherton not used for Div 3 finals however the Cheltenham ground is disappointing as its a small ground.

Yeah well done to Sandown in what was a very low scoring game. Both sides should be commended in showing up each week.

Great come from behind win to Sth Yarra over Lyndale . As I stated at start of the year, Lyndale just continues to tread water in Div 3. Not going forward, not going backward, just treading water, not even relevant really. They open the doors at the start of the year then close them again at the end with nothing to show for any effort apart from paying under performing players. Wouldn't want to drop another against Lyndhurst next week. They were totally against them coming into the comp so will be interesting.

Hopefully Doveton refunded everyone's $5 after their fade out in last quarter.
Robbo only kicking 3 so must have been well held. Very poor return for such a high priced player.
Why would we refund $5 when everyone there got to see a great game of footy?And Robbo went pretty well. Played with bad ribs and pinged a minor hammy late in the 3rd qtr. As someone else posted, several free kicks and 3 or 4 50mtr penalties late in the game were very costly. I'd imagine the coach would be discussing onfield discipline this week with the boys.

I hear both robbo and Daniel kerr are playing against sth yarra in a few weeks and past players day as well could be a big day down at power rd!! I will pay my 5$ to hopefully watch sth yarra spoil the party.

The Jets surprised me with the win. It would be a fair effort to make finals from where they were a few weeks back. Did they have a few players return from injury?? Was also surprised to see their twos get done as they had been travelling fairy well.
The total opposite in fact. Players out. That explained the twos loss.

I hear Moorabbin did not field a ressies team last week.

Can anyone from club confirm if this will be the case for the rest of the year?

Yep Moorabbin 2s a know show Vs Hallam.
By the sounds of it, Unlikely to field for a few weeks - disappointing for them
They did this last season aswell.
Not really good enough in my opinion other struggling clubs have done evertything this season to get two sides on the park, pitty the kangas are not doing the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back