FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to buck the trend and say I enjoyed the season. Had heart palpitations at 4-4.

I think Michele deserved one or two votes, Natalie getting votes for basically being the queen of extinction is a joke.

Tony is the king, Sandra is the queen

I can't believe the lack of comments about effectively quitting at F5. It made zero sense for him or Sarah
You could tell throughout the whole series how much the negative feedback effected people like Ben, Michelle, Sarah, Nick. Even Kim talked about it and 95% of Survivor fans treated her as a god. Quitting didn't make strategic sense but that's not why he did it.

You could tell throughout the whole series how much the negative feedback effected people like Ben, Michelle, Sarah, Nick. Even Kim talked about it and 95% of Survivor fans treated her as a god. Quitting didn't make strategic sense but that's not why he did it.
I'm still confused about the Ben hatred. The guy had a ******* 5-1 disadvantage and made it to final 3 and bossed the FTC.

Thank god Tony won, would have been a travesty if Natalie won after being the first voted out and spending most of her time at EoE.

Even with Tony winning it was one of the worst seasons of Survivor I've ever seen though, so many twists just turned it into a hot mess.

I mean, Tony should have received 16 votes. Probably had a top 3 target on his back behind Rob and Sandra, yet did not have his name read out at Tribal. He won 4 ******* immunities. The freaking spy nest.

If Dave is the golden god of Australian Survivor, Tony is Omnipotent Being of Survivor everywhere.

Also can we have Dave apply for season 41

I'm still confused about the Ben hatred. The guy had a ******* 5-1 disadvantage and made it to final 3 and bossed the FTC.
I think the last time he survived a vote without an idol is final 8, and only made FTC because of a twist dropped on the players with no warning. I think it's similar to Underwood hate in that it's blaming the player for productions missteps

I read somewhere that season 39 and 38 got spoilt as well.
Oh almost every season of every reality show has some spoilers out there if you want to find them, but returnee seasons generally entire bootlists are out there and much more readily available. I had Game Changers spoiled for me by accident twice.

I can't believe the lack of comments about effectively quitting at F5. It made zero sense for him or Sarah
Giving up on $2 million for his family just to have a friend.... Ben would want unlimited blowjobs from Sarah for $2,000,0000.

I actually liked Ben the season he won. This season he was a donk.

Last edited:
I think the last time he survived a vote without an idol is final 8, and only made FTC because of a twist dropped on the players with no warning. I think it's similar to Underwood hate in that it's blaming the player for productions missteps
Yeah, so? He was the one that had literally no warning about the fire making challenge. The other three had plenty of time to strategise on how to beat him at fire and blew it. If anything it enhances his game.

I think after they seemed to rush through the first 6-7 episodes without blinking and without much of a hint of gameplay, I thought the last 4-5 episodes really picked up and gave justice to what this season should have been. I loved the finale. From Natalie looking like she choked in the EOE challenge to coming back and winning, Michelle coming from dead last to win her challenge, the Ben & Sarah story line, the Tony & Sarah story line, Sarah screwing the pooch with the idols. I thought the final tribal was exceptional.

Tony obviously the clear winner. Everyone loves Tony. Deserved it. Natalie, to be first out, then do all she did to be able to win herself back into the game and in such a healthy position was a great storyline I thought and she deserved the votes she got. Michelle unlucky not to get any votes. She was on the bottom for a lot of it, won immunity when she had to, created new alliances when she had to. Maybe her speech at the end wasn't the best, but she played a good game.

All up I loved the second half of the season. I'm cool with the fire token idea staying, though how they incorporate it full time without edge of extinction will be interesting, as it really was almost solely played through the edge. I hope that's it for returnee's now as well. I want to see the next 7-8 survivors with all new contestants.

Yeah, so? He was the one that had literally no warning about the fire making challenge. The other three had plenty of time to strategise on how to beat him at fire and blew it. If anything it enhances his game.
Every other tribal in every other season before that he would've gone home, and through nothing he did to change it, that wasn't the case at that final 4. It's not fair to blame Ben for that but Survivor fans are just as dumb and passionate as any other fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every other tribal in every other season before that he would've gone home, and through nothing he did to change it, that wasn't the case at that final 4. It's not fair to blame Ben for that but Survivor fans are just as dumb and passionate as any other fans.
This. He was not the first person to benefit from a twist, but it's one of the more memorable, completely game altering twists that has since become the norm. It's the first person to benefit from it who cops it, despite them having no say in the matter.

What a ******* king is Tony.

How an entire cast of winners let him get through to final 3 and not even put one vote against him throughout the entire season is a testament to how much Tony adjusted his game this time around. He knew he couldn't go outwardly crazy like he did before and instead he kept that for his discussions with Sarah and kept what should've been a massive hot pink target on his back actually become an invisible one.

And how good was that ending for the Cops r Us alliance trilogy? Tony backstabs Sarah out in 1 and he wins, Sarah wins 2 and then they battle in fire in 3. I'd read those books. Real emotion shown by Tony and Sarah there after he beat her at fire, there's no way you'd think that that's where their Survivor relationship would end up after Tony burnt her in Cagayan.

All up the season was probably pretty average due to at times poor editing, massive expectations, and that trash heap that is EoE but it most definitely had it's moments. Boston Rob strong-arming an entire tribe to empty their bags at Tribal Council, Tony orchestrating the Sophie blindside without losing his alliance, Cops r Us having a satisfying ending being my highlights.

It's quite sad when I think about it as a Survivor fan because we will probably never see those old school players like Boston Rob, Parvati, Kim, Yul, Amber, Sandra etc play again despite being royalty. But at least EoE gave them the opportunity to have some sort of closure in that they could all be there at the end (bar Sandra for obvious reasons).

Survivor had a Queen but now it has a King too.

Satisfying season. For me, just the morsels of Yul alone outweighed the War's flaws. Memorable Adam, Denise and Ethan moments also made it a worthwhile trip, as well as a great winner of course. Best tribal council/closing music the show has ever had too.

Haven't read all the comments yet, so might be repeating here: On the topic of Sarah's schizophrenic delusions, note that 6 men and 6 women (including the lady cop herself) voted for Tony, while 3 men and only 1 woman voted for Natalie. I'm also pretty sure players like Sandra and Kim are celebrated for their ability to lie and not at all held to a double-standard because of their gender.

Regarding the supposed Auto Final Four Firemaking bias, a woman needs to be robbed of a win before that holds any weight imo. To date, the only players who have lost because of it are men. I think the only very good game by a female player in the last 15 seasons to not win was Kelley Wentworth in Cambodia, and she actually might've won if the mandatory F4 Fire rules were in place then.

And finally, Nick should have written down Michele's name at the end, every other vote made sense to me.

There were many gameplay moments in that finale that left me as confused and angry as last week:
- Ben and Sarah flat out refusing to believe Nat would have an idol​
- Michelle and Nat voting Ben and not Sarah​
- Michelle and Nat not splitting the votes b/w Denise and Sarah​
- Ben and Sarah's pact.​
And yet, I thought that was a very compelling two-hour finale and a great end to what's been a good (and at times great) season of Survivor (probably cracks a top 10 list).

Tony, the most deserving win in a while, probably since Sarah. Yet don't think I'll get over how he wins with no votes on him. But his arc with Sarah is truly memorable, and I would have loved to have seen those two up against each other at the end.

Tony got no votes despite being a threat for most of the game.

Deserved winner every year - I thought eventually they would look to vote him out and they never did.

The returnee from the EoE was only going to be win if they spend enough time in the game and on the edge - first out, you were never going to get enough people to vote, no matter how well you played once back in the game.

What are we going to do now? There is no Survivor for how long...........boo........

I thought Natalie’s best chance was to have Tony and Sarah with her at Final 3 and hope that they took votes off each other. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference but I reckon that was her best shot.

You suck at maths.

As many women win as men? I think were at about 25-15 in favour of men after today. (I personally think that stat gets worse when you consider the context of each season, and the extent to which women had to dominate series' in order for a woman to win - winners like Danni and Kim were the result of series' where gender was an issue in how alliances played out.)

I thought it was obvious to everyone how women are treated differently to men in Survivor - where a guy is a "boss", a woman is a "bitch". I guess that's what surprised me about that whole conversation, is that it was apparently a revelation to anyone.
Yep I definitely do! (suck at maths)

I didn't look up the numbers before posting it and went off my general feel. It has never felt to me like there is a gender bias and I've never even considered it being a thing on the show. I see men and women boasting different strengths, and I have never felt myself that women "lying" makes them a bitch. It has never occurred to me at all. I also can't recall it being something that has been said on the show.

I don't do any social media at all. I also don't follow what happens in various fan forums (other than this one) so maybe people make such comments there?

I do get that for some reason Sarah felt like people were calling her a bitch after Game Changers and that she felt it reflected a general bias against females playing a hard game. I don't doubt that she generally feels that - but it may be just her perception. Once again, I never follow what happens after the game is over so maybe it all happens later?

There were many gameplay moments in that finale that left me as confused and angry as last week:
- Ben and Sarah flat out refusing to believe Nat would have an idol​
- Michelle and Nat voting Ben and not Sarah​
- Michelle and Nat not splitting the votes b/w Denise and Sarah​
- Ben and Sarah's pact.​
And yet, I thought that was a very compelling two-hour finale and a great end to what's been a good (and at times great) season of Survivor (probably cracks a top 10 list).

Tony, the most deserving win in a while, probably since Sarah. Yet don't think I'll get over how he wins with no votes on him. But his arc with Sarah is truly memorable, and I would have loved to have seen those two up against each other at the end.

Yes that was very bizarre Ben and Sarah were so adamant that Natalie didn’t have an idol. Tony of course was all over it. They’re very lucky they survived such a mistake, and Denise goes home instead.

Speaking of which, I found it odd Natalie/Michelle voted for Denise. Natalie in particular talked up her game about trying to conquer that alliance of 3, but she missed the opportunity there.

It also would’ve been good to see a scene between Sarah and Tony after she voted Ben out, was interested in the reaction. Anyway, very good finale overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back