FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

There would be some that are that against the EOE concept that they never would vote for Natalie. Sarah, Ben, Nick, Denise, Sophie, maybe Yul and Ethan.

Sandra too, if she was still there.
Ethan doesn't belong on that list given he voted for Natalie ahead of Tony.

I thought Natalie’s best chance was to have Tony and Sarah with her at Final 3 and hope that they took votes off each other. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference but I reckon that was her best shot.
She should have also kept quiet about her Idol and not told Michelle and then played the idol for Michelle instead of for herself since they were all going to vote for her, this would have given her heaps of kudos in the jury's eye and a feather on her cap in the final speech that she totally outplayed Tony who knew she might have an idol but didn't play it for herself, in the end she only need to sway some more votes to win.

Congratulations on Tony winning but seriously what does he do with his life - no restaurants, no interest in sports, no travel. Would never want to spend time with him on a deserted island - get more sense out of Wilson.

One thing the EoE does it is certainly cheaper for the producers than putting them up in Ponderosa. Only do it for the last 6 or so days.
How filthy would you be if you got on and get voted out and have to go to a empty island rather then ponderosa

Congratulations on Tony winning but seriously what does he do with his life - no restaurants, no interest in sports, no travel. Would never want to spend time with him on a deserted island - get more sense out of Wilson.

One thing the EoE does it is certainly cheaper for the producers than putting them up in Ponderosa. Only do it for the last 6 or so days.

Theres something about Tony that we don't know, Maybe no one likes him but he comes across as the kind of guy who wouldn't be bothered if no one liked him.

With that accent I thought he would atleast like Baseball.

He said at the final tribal he doesn't think he is a good talker but I think he could sell ice to an eskimo if he got the chance.

If they ever decide to do EoE again with fire tokens, they had better limit the amount of challenge advantages you can buy to just 1.
That was an absolute load of bullshit that she was able to buy 3 basically because she was there the longest and had the most time to accumulate them.
Hated that so much, was disappointed that 4 people voted for her when she was the FIRST person voted out ffs

I'd like to give a shout out to Sophie, thought she played an underrated game.

I didn't watch all the episodes because this season was so awful but the episodes I did watch she was impressive.

And that is very high praise because I'm totally sexist, most of my favourite Survivor contestants are guys like Rob, Tony, Spencer and Phillip.

If they ever decide to do EoE again with fire tokens, they had better limit the amount of challenge advantages you can buy to just 1.
That was an absolute load of bullshit that she was able to buy 3 basically because she was there the longest and had the most time to accumulate them.
Hated that so much, was disappointed that 4 people voted for her when she was the FIRST person voted out ffs
She didn't accumulate by being there long. She gained a lot through selling advantages/disadvantages, fairly late in the game. Particularly the advantage to Nick, and extortion to Tony.

I'd like to give a shout out to Sophie, thought she played an underrated game.

I didn't watch all the episodes because this season was so awful but the episodes I did watch she was impressive.

And that is very high praise because I'm totally sexist, most of my favourite Survivor contestants are guys like Rob, Tony, Spencer and Phillip.

She looked ill at Final

Like Rob the GOAT said, Nat stuffed up by not getting rid of Tony. Could have voted his right hand lady Sarah off but went with Denise. How stupid can you be.

She also wasted her idol when she knew she was getting no votes against her at tribal.

Stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tjat
In the exit interviews, the players said some of the jury wanted to vote for Michele but were worried if they did, then Tony wouldn't win, as others were leaning Natalie. They knew Tony played the best game, so just voted for him. I think people like Nick would have been like this.
That’s insane.

Just vote for the best player.It’s not that hard??

Denise was impressive too, bringing down the overrated Queen of Survivor with some of the greatest moves I've seen.

She even mentioned it on her way out, "It was worth coming back just to take down the Queen", Respect Denise :fire:

#queenslayer

I didn't rate Denise in the season she won but she proved this season that she is a very good player.

Interesting... One of the big lessons they learned from Survivor Africa was to always have it based around the water. Survivor Hawaii may be a better option - dump them in a valley on the Napali Coast of Kauai. Would be a good and extremely scenic location.

Interesting... One of the big lessons they learned from Survivor Africa was to always have it based around the water. Survivor Hawaii may be a better option - dump them in a valley on the Napali Coast of Kauai. Would be a good and extremely scenic location.

Wat was the issue out of Africa? I remember that once there were no Wells provided.

Wat was the issue out of Africa? I remember that once there were no Wells provided.
It was very dry & dusty, and didn't make for great viewing.

The cynic in me suggests that the lack of bikini-clad females may have lowered the viewer numbers. Whatever the case, they vowed after that to never do another dry survivor.

She didn't accumulate by being there long. She gained a lot through selling advantages/disadvantages, fairly late in the game. Particularly the advantage to Nick, and extortion to Tony.
This. She spent the tokens she won early at the first challenge. Even if she didn't buy an idol at the first one, she could have bought herself one instead of Tyson at the end. She was only there a day longer than Amber and a couple more than Ethan, so any advantage based purely on days doesn't stack up after a while. She had an advantage on the later boots in knowing where that "throne" was etc., but the others should have as well. She definitely worked the hardest, but the edge is still the worst.

Last edited:
This was my problem with the idol nullifier. For 25+ seasons there had been immunity idols that you could rely on to save you at tribal council, in David vs Goliath Dan had absolutely no way of knowing that that could happen and no way to prevent it. If it had been announced at the start of the season, like they originally did with hidden immunity idols, it would have been fairer. Pretty stiff way to go out, but I guess that happens in Survivor.

I'm binge watching past seasons at the moment. Currently on S19 (Samoa) and it's clear that the tribe members weren't aware that another idol came into play, after one had been played in the previous episode. So, I agree that these twists and new advantages can be completely unfair, but they've been doing it for a long time. Also something that I've never really thought of is that when these multiple hidden idols in play, you get a free hit if you don't know whether to play yours, just by waiting for the other person to go first. Perhaps there needs to be some way to announce your intention to play an idol (like a silent auction) that doesn't give the luxury to a player in a dominant position to just sit back and know they can play an idol only if someone else plays theirs first.

I understand why they did Edge of Extinction for this season, just due to the risk of all the big, big, big names from past seasons were voted off early (which kind of happened, to an extent), but for someone who's now used to three episodes a week on Australian Survivor, or just binge watching four episodes at a time for past US seasons, it made it really difficult to keep up with what was going on, with Ethan, Parvati, Boston Rob, Natalie, Tyson etc. kind of/kind of not still being in the game. The other thing about it was that the EoE winner could play practically a flawless game after being voted off and still not be in a position to win (although I guess if Natalie had been able to help engineer a final three with say, Ben or Sarah and Michelle, she had a puncher's chance). And if you can't win after coming back into the game, why have EoE in the first place?

I really hated the whispered conversations breaking out during tribal council as well (maybe it happens all the time and they just chose to show it more this season, clearly Probst thinks it's fascinating); it went to a ridiculous level this year to the detriment of the spectacle.

It was very dry & dusty, and didn't make for great viewing.

The cynic in me suggests that the lack of bikini-clad females may have lowered the viewer numbers. Whatever the case, they vowed after that to never do another dry survivor.
And then immediately broke it by planning to do season 4 in Jordan?

Fortunately they have these things in the United States called rivers, Brazil and Guatemala have similar but it's called a "rio" there, so water probably won't be a huge factor in determining the next filming location either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back