Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power, Rd 15, Saturday June 26 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This strain means that the old definition of close contact is no longer valid and it can be transmitted on the footy field. If it got into the Port players and then out into the SA community, or even from a player to someone in the stand or whatever, it's such a huge risk.
..........and.....and....and then you wouldn't be allowed to see a dying relative.............................unless you met them at the footy!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Or a construction site with a whole lot of tradies not complying to mask wearing around you.

The reason is simple. The club & players are subject to extremely strict levels of testing, isolation, quarantine, required behaviours etc. that the public, medi-hotel staff or even front line health care workers aren't even required to maintain/commit to. I have very close family & friends in roles that have faced COVID positive patients/situations/enviroments as part of their jobs & they are not required to adhere to as strict protocols. Hopefully all players & staff treat their position of entitlement appropriately & respect the chance & advantages they have been given. I hope they all strictly adhere to the limits placed on them to ensure the risks are mitigated to an acceptable level. It really does rely on everyone (crowd included) to do the right thing & try to stay safe.

Sure but you don't test positive immediately so there's risk for 14 days.

..........and.....and....and then you wouldn't be allowed to see a dying relative.............................unless you met them at the footy!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Or a construction site with a whole lot of tradies not complying to mask wearing around you.

Probably not the thread for this mate.

I'm not sure how the Swans being granted an exemption to play in South Australia is any worse than the alternative (playing in Victoria)?

It's not. The game shouldn't be going ahead.

Let’s just hope it’s just a short term thing but frankly if it makes more people get vaccinated then I’m sorry to be blunt here I’m almost relieved it’s happening to a degree. We should be near the UK with our vaccinations instead we are way short.

Let’s just hope it’s just a short term thing but frankly if it makes more people get vaccinated then I’m sorry to be blunt here I’m almost relieved it’s happening to a degree. We should be near the UK with our vaccinations instead we are way short.

Oh sure I guess I'll go book in my vaccination because boy this incident really makes me think.

Oh, hang on.

Let's get this back on track a bit (sorry for taking it off topic somewhat)...

Robbie Gray out is a huge blow to Port. I watch lots of Port Adelaide (partners side). He's unique & a genuine superstar & matchwinner. Hard for us to match up on too IMO. So a lucky injury in a way (albeit I always want to see the best players play & am dissappointed he's out).

It's raining here in Rads all week. Should clear up for Saturday but expect it to be cold & slippery none-the-less. We've had a few good frosty mornings lately...

I think the important contest that might be significant to the outcome is the ruck contest. We need Hickey to stand up against a strong ruck combo. They have Lycett but also Ladhams, Dixon & Aliir to all help out around the ground. They have been sharing the load well & we need to be mindful of this... potentially using changeovers between them to our advantage when we can (e.g. run off or have a secondary option compete allowing Hickey to get forward unexpectedly etc).

Let's get this back on track a bit (sorry for taking it off topic somewhat)...

Robbie Gray out is a huge blow to Port. I watch lots of Port Adelaide (partners side). He's unique & a genuine superstar & matchwinner. Hard for us to match up on too IMO. So a lucky injury in a way (albeit I always want to see the best players play & am dissappointed he's out).

It's raining here in Rads all week. Should clear up for Saturday but expect it to be cold & slippery none-the-less. We've had a few good frosty mornings lately...

I think the important contest that might be significant to the outcome is the ruck contest. We need Hickey to stand up against a strong ruck combo. They have Lycett but also Ladhams, Dixon & Aliir to all help out around the ground. They have been sharing the load well & we need to be mindful of this... potentially using changeovers between them to our advantage when we can (e.g. run off or have a secondary option compete allowing Hickey to get forward unexpectedly etc).
Gray out is huge for them. Not just him out, but now we can move the likes of Rampe or Fox or whoever onto someone else like Georgiades or Rozee. With Fantasia out at some point it just gets too much (I say that and Motlop or Farrell will kick a bag of course). We'll still have to beat 22 players, but it'll help. That said, Port are my 2nd favourite side and while I don't wish injury on anyone, it's pretty bad for Robbie at his stage in his career and with Port challenging for Top 4 again.

If Marshall comes back in, wonder if Ladhams will play. If he doesn't, Hickey/Amartey can hopefully break even with Lycett/Dixon (with a few Hickey clearances and some contested marks from Amartey to tip it our way). Lots of talk about Wines, I'd be considering our no.1 lockdown targets are Amon or Boak though.

Port are very tough when on song. That said, their biggest weakness is mental preparation and playing a full 4 quarters (though you can argue that's us as well). If they're coasting off last week's "easy" win and we can shell-shock them in a ruthless and clean 1st or 2nd quarter, these are our best chances. I do expect some patches of the game where we'll just be outmatched.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Ronke hasn't got much of a mention on here. Admittedly I haven't seen the last few VFL matches so I can't comment on how he's gone in them but he's been back playing reserves for a few weeks now hasn't he? Could be a decent replacement and badly-needed in the likely scenario we end up going into this game without Wicks & Gulden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets hope WC game gets moved to Marvel!!

I'd actually feel more confident playing them at Optus, we have a good record against them there don't we?

Marvel too I suppose.

Yeah, really the game should be called off if purely on health reasoning (but footy is more important than other travel it seems), rather than moved elsewhere. If the game was in Vic for example, I don't know if the Port players would be subject to the same restrictions post-game that they will be this weekend.

At least I won't have to worry about ducking if a ball comes my way, since I'm up on the top tier in a pocket/half forward (not sure there'll be any such shanks).

is blakey in?

Why is Gray out? That's bloody disappointing. I always want to play against the best sides so I know where we sit form wise. looking forward to beating Aliir. I actually really like him and hope he has an AA season, I just hope he has a shitter against us haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back