Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power, Rd 15, Saturday June 26 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit sad to rely on 19 year old to win a game

Perhaps, but he's no ordinary 19 year old. Looked like he belonged in the seniors from Day 1

Media reports are rife here in Perth that the Swans have agreed in-principle to play the game at Optus if required.

Won’t happen, do you really think the Swans would agree to play the game at the other teams home ground rather than at a neutral venue?

Why do people believe this type of stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t happen, do you really think the Swans would agree to play the game at the other teams home ground rather than at a neutral venue?

Why do people believe this type of stuff?

Bigger crowd and maybe a bigger cut of the take?

Why wouldn't you believe it? Where else do you propose we play it?

I remember there clearly being a statement saying he will take a week off. And the fact that he was a test for the Hawks game shows they were optimistic of him being able to play, despite it being a 3+ week injury.

Regardless, why are they testing someone who has a long term injury? If they didn't know it was long term, just like a few others, then that is incompetence. Even we on this board new a stress reaction meant 4+. Another example is Naismith. Why did it take 3 weeks of being out of the vfl side with knee soreness before finding out he doesn't have an ACL?

I dunno if our medical department has taken cuts or what but something seems off. Every club has always given a rough timeline at the very least which at worst is off by a week or two.

Ronke was another one, every week the injury list had him at 4 weeks, 4 weeks later he was still at 4 weeks and test after test after test. Melicans weeks on the sidelines seems to be growing too. There just seems to be no idea.

Melican reinjured himself in the week he returned to full training

Uh because maybe he failed the fitness test each time? This isn't rocket science.

When I failed three driving tests, I didn't assume it was because my instructor was telling fibs to mess with my head and I was actually right to go. I failed three driving tests because I was a dumb-ass who started his test by driving out of the licensing centre with the hand-break on!
3 times? with the handbrake on?
You're a slow learner that's for sure. ;)

Bigger crowd and maybe a bigger cut of the take?

Why wouldn't you believe it? Where else do you propose we play it?

We are 8 and 5 and battling for a top 8 spot against the Eagles.

The crowd and any money we would make from the game pales into insignificance against playing the Eagles at a neutral venue.

Not to mention the unlikelihood that the WA Gov’t clears the Swans into the state and finally this is the clincher, why would the club choose to go over to WA and go into a hard lockdown for 4 or 5 days when they can remain in Melbourne and play with little to no restrictions.

Not one thing points to us playing the game in WA, it’s ludicrous.

We are 8 and 5 and battling for a top 8 spot against the Eagles.

The crowd and any money we would make from the game pales into insignificance against playing the Eagles at a neutral venue.

Not to mention the unlikelihood that the WA Gov’t clears the Swans into the state and finally this is the clincher, why would the club choose to go over to WA and go into a hard lockdown for 4 or 5 days when they can remain in Melbourne and play with little to no restrictions.

Not one thing points to us playing the game in WA, it’s ludicrous.

So where are we playing it?

You mean the WA government that cleared Richmond and Essendon to play there a few weeks ago?

So where are we playing it?

You mean the WA government that cleared Richmond and Essendon to play there a few weeks ago?

The MCG and Geelong are free at the scheduled time, that allows the AFL to not have to move the fixture times around.

Essendon stayed in WA after getting out of Melbourne before lockdown and Richmond entered from NSW.

The Bulldogs have gone to WA this week but have been forced to do 7 days of total isolation before the game.

The MCG and Geelong are free at the scheduled time, that allows the AFL to not have to move the fixture times around.

Essendon stayed in WA after getting out of Melbourne before lockdown and Richmond entered from NSW.

The Bulldogs have gone to WA this week but have been forced to do 7 days of total isolation before the game.

And we got out of Sydney before the border shut (as far as I'm aware), and even so would be spending close to 14 days out of NSW.

Uh because maybe he failed the fitness test each time? This isn't rocket science.

When I failed three driving tests, I didn't assume it was because my instructor was telling fibs to mess with my head and I was actually right to go. I failed three driving tests because I was a dumb-ass who started his test by driving out of the licensing centre with the hand-break on!

One hand-brake incident and you fail the test 3 times.... those carry over points are a killer! :p

3 times? with the handbrake on?
You're a slow learner that's for sure. ;)

Haha the first two times! My brain turned to absolute jelly from nerves! The third time I did a 'left something behind' on a driveway that sloped downward and did not back my ability to reverse the car up the driveway. So it was either ask the instructor to swap and reverse it for me, or pay for someone's new garage door!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off topic, but there are any thoughts on where next week's game against WCE gets played? I'm hoping the MCG, though scheduling is likely to be tricky (already 2 games each at the 'G and the docklands).

Slightly off topic, but there are any thoughts on where next week's game against WCE gets played? I'm hoping the MCG, though scheduling is likely to be tricky (already 2 games each at the 'G and the docklands).

A little concerned the number of swans in Melbourne at the moment.Covid in Sydney seems to be getting worse and I fear the players still there will be unable to join the group in Melbourne,begs the question what players in Sydney recovering from injuries who could be selected in the 1,s at a later date are there.I presume our 2,s will not be playing for a while as well and Paddy Mc Cartin at this rate will not play another VFL game this season.

Favourites would have to be Marvel or Geelong. As far as I'm aware there is no schedule for next week? At least the AFL site, google etc are telling me it's all TBD. Marvel probably more likely to host more games than the G (especially with smaller drawing teams) and Geelong only has the 1 game. I'd say Marvel as that'll bring in more $$ with Melb based fans. Personally would like Adelaide but it's better for the Swans and AFL if it's in Vic. Can't see it happening in WA.

Favourites would have to be Marvel or Geelong. As far as I'm aware there is no schedule for next week? At least the AFL site, google etc are telling me it's all TBD. Marvel probably more likely to host more games than the G (especially with smaller drawing teams) and Geelong only has the 1 game. I'd say Marvel as that'll bring in more $$ with Melb based fans. Personally would like Adelaide but it's better for the Swans and AFL if it's in Vic. Can't see it happening in WA.

Marvel would be fantastic given our great record there and their s**t one.

In terms of crowd numbers, the Docklands is the obvious option. The trouble is, this would be the 3rd game there on the weekend, one of which would therefore need to be played on either the Friday or the Thursday; it's hard to see which one. I guess maybe Haw v Port could be played on the Friday night, leaving a slot open on either Saturday or Sunday at the Docklands. This would mean only a 5 day break for Hawthorn, though I'm guessing teams are going to have get used to the odd 5 day break in the current circumstances.

Anyway, I really hope the club pushes to play it in Melbourne, both for the sake of Melbourne-based members and to maintain some residual home-ground advantage. I agree Geelong is a possibility, though the club should try to avoid it.

Injury report our unfortunately-named medico Damian Raper said that Errol was in "the end stages of his rehab". So you'd think that makes it unlikely he plays this week.

Hoping to see Ronke & Stephens in for Wicks & Bell.

Taylor to stay as sub.
Any other required changes aside, I'd say Stephens for Wicks. Bell then to be given the task of pressure forward. Would want Ronke to show form and over more than 2 matches, though if he's considered fully fit, he's in the frame as we're getting low on that role (he did go off for an ankle issue late on vs Suns, but think he came back on). I thought Bell at least had a crack against the Hawks, which is more than some others. Now I was at his debut vs Port (AO) in 2019 where he the team was completely ineffectual, but idk, given the lack of fit, proven alternatives in the role, I'd give him another go (3 weeks ago I didn't want him near the team). In another crazy turn of events, I'd almost not implode if Taylor started. But yeah, Stephens above Bell, Ronke, Taylor in general.

Warner not back, Campbell not back, Gulden not back...
Where are the "In my day we played every week and did a milk run every morning" types now?

We should have been resting these young players after every third game.

Warner not back, Campbell not back, Gulden not back...
Where are the "In my day we played every week and did a milk run every morning" types now?

We should have been resting these young players after every third game.

Think I called it after the Crows game. This was thoroughly predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back