Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power, Rd 15, Saturday June 26 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t happen, do you really think the Swans would agree to play the game at the other teams home ground rather than at a neutral venue?

Why do people believe this type of stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
For those ticket sales they sure as heck might do just that.

Surely Brand is coming in to take Dixon. Suicidal if that's not the case.
We likely have to cover Dixon, Georgiades and one of Marshall/Ladhams/Lycett as their tall fwds. I can see us going down the usual path of McCartin, Rampe and Fox. That said, I like Brand. But also wouldn't want our one change to be Brand in for Wicks.

Injury report our unfortunately-named medico Damian Raper said that Errol was in "the end stages of his rehab". So you'd think that makes it unlikely he plays this week.

Hoping to see Ronke & Stephens in for Wicks & Bell.

Taylor to stay as sub.
Errol reportedly requires a remedial haircut before being cleared to play, but all barbers in Bondi are closed.

Chad Warner’s Mum seen racing to Moore Park this morning with scissors in hand.

We are losing a home game as it is, the next best thing is to play it in front of our Victoria members so that we retain most of our home crowd advantage. I can't see the club ever putting the on-field product at risk to improve the off-field. The first option will be Marvel as the AFL owns the venue and we are already in Melbourne for our hub, the second option will be Geelong if the fixture can't work itself out.
Geelong with a home gate of 14,000? vs Perth a home gate of 50,000+ ? :think:
Given the financial hits of last year I know which one I'd be going with if I was the GM.

Geelong with a home gate of 14,000? vs Perth a home gate of 50,000+ ? :think:
Given the financial hits of last year I know which one I'd be going with if I was the GM.
Don't know if we'd get 50k fans paying for a separate ticket outside of their membership, but maybe we would. I think the blocker would be travel restrictions and we might feel it's less disruptive for us to just play in Vic where we'll be based.

We likely have to cover Dixon, Georgiades and one of Marshall/Ladhams/Lycett as their tall fwds. I can see us going down the usual path of McCartin, Rampe and Fox. That said, I like Brand. But also wouldn't want our one change to be Brand in for Wicks.

Going in like that defensively might save me from having to watch it. I'll just pencil in the loss vs both Port and WC's forward lines given I expect the mdfield contest to be halved at most in both games. Without Warner and last year's Rowbottom in the mids we'll get done in the effective midfield clearances. Our defense will be massively exposed if Charlie is on form and we have zero options to go to outside plan A.

Going in like that defensively might save me from having to watch it. I'll just pencil in the loss vs both Port and WC's forward lines given I expect the mdfield contest to be halved at most in both games. Without Warner and last year's Rowbottom in the mids we'll get done in the effective midfield clearances. Our defense will be massively exposed if Charlie is on form and we have zero options to go to outside plan A.
We did beat the Cats (Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan) with only Melican and McCartin as key backs. Granted turning the midfield battle got us back into that game. I'm not denying the appeal of bringing Brand in, but I would say that the club rates McCartin and Rampe as the Options A and B there, given Brand only ever comes in because of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be Brand vs Melican for FB
McCartin CHB
Rampe vs Fox vs Gould for the 3rd tall spot
Fox on bench given he can play just about anywhere on field - and has done in past.
Would consider him for the pressure forward spot if Wicks is injured. Has some pace, can land a tackle. Just an issue of whether it's' enough pace.

Brand isn't very good though.

Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is though. Crazy to think but he's actually only played 4 games for us. And never in consecutive weeks.

Guys who seem to have preference over him like Melican and Fox (and even Rampe and McCartin) have had more poor games in that time than Brand but are at least given chances to atone.

And down the other end, Horse has stuck fat with McLean and McDonald's not-so-great games for the sake of keeping structure. But he doesn't seem as willing to do so with Brand... Very strange.

Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is though. Crazy to think but he's actually only played 4 games for us. And never in consecutive weeks.

Guys who seem to have preference over him like Melican and Fox (and even Rampe and McCartin) have had more poor games in that time than Brand but are at least given chances to atone.

And down the other end, Horse has stuck fat with McLean and McDonald's not-so-great games for the sake of keeping structure. But he doesn't seem as willing to do so with Brand... Very strange.

Sure but they've also shown a lot more presumably in training to be selected, and then on game day. They have the occasional stinker but the proof is there that they can step up. I've seen nothing from Brand to suggest he will.

Sure but they've also shown a lot more presumably in training to be selected, and then on game day. They have the occasional stinker but the proof is there that they can step up. I've seen nothing from Brand to suggest he will.

I dunno, I've always been pleased if not blown away by Brand's performances. I definitely thought he was stiff to be dropped on the two occasions he was. He's probably not our long-term solution, but he's there and on the list and fills a need. Seems silly not to at least try him while there's no one else.

I dunno, I've always been pleased if not blown away by Brand's performances. I definitely thought he was stiff to be dropped on the two occasions he was. He's probably not our long-term solution, but he's there and on the list and fills a need. Seems silly not to at least try him while there's no one else.

But we have tried him and he's not been good enough. Rampe and McCartin are fine.

I really don't get Horse's opposition to playing Brand to help out our defence. How many easy goals conceded each week can he tolerate before he tries to do something about it?

He has abysmal disposal. Yes he can defend but he’s the last bloke I’d want the ball in his hands

We would rather allow goals, or give attempts, and whinge about the disposal of your best FB available. Maibaum was good defender but, but, but.

Half of our defence can't defend 1 on .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've seen nothing from Brand that suggests to me he isn't any good. I also quite like Melican but do take note it usually takes him a week to find his feet (which isn't a good thing)

Ideally, one of them takes that next step and really cements a spot in the side. I think it'll be Brand

I've seen nothing from Brand that suggests to me he isn't any good. I also quite like Melican but do take note it usually takes him a week to find his feet (which isn't a good thing)

Ideally, one of them takes that next step and really cements a spot in the side. I think it'll be Brand
And yet Melican got the contract extension. We do need to fix this position in the next trade/draft period. Its a team weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back