Review The Bad, Sad and the Ugly v Port Power 2020...

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, it’s one small step in a long rebuild ahead. Not sure what everyone is expecting. Talent wise our list is bottom 4 material, more likely bottom 2. We need A grade talent, and the easiest way to get it? Have a top draft pick.
True to some extent

As noted above - good teams prepare for rebuilds by doing it gradually so you dont have to gut a list

But hey we had a window

Let Brad Crouch walk via Free Agency. Pick 2.

We won't get that for him, nobody is going to pay that kind of money. End of first round at best.

Continuing to hold onto Brad Crouch year on year despite mounting evidence now contrasting extremely poorly with Port deciding to bite the bullet and trade Wingard and Polec.

Meh, it’s one small step in a long rebuild ahead. Not sure what everyone is expecting. Talent wise our list is bottom 4 material, more likely bottom 2. We need A grade talent, and the easiest way to get it? Have a top draft pick.
It's not like we have not had draft picks the last few years, what are they doing? Compared to what Port have done our drafting has be woeful.
Gibbs is like the biggest blackest cloud that stuffed the club. Wasted draft picks right when we needed good kids.

It's not like we have not had draft picks the last few years, what are they doing? Compared to what Port have done our drafting has be woeful.
Gibbs is like the biggest blackest cloud that stuffed the club. Wasted draft picks right when we needed good kids.
Port played them, we didn't.

Post of the year, and it’s only round 2

Murphy, Keays, Atkins, Laird, Seed were horrible.
Kelly shouldn't have even got a game to begin with.
Matt Crouch needs to stop giving hospital handpasses. His decision making and disposal is woeful.
Worst 20 possession game by a player I've seen from Lynch.

Youth needs to play.
Macasey was destroyed but need to persevere.
Ned and Jones were not the worst.
Crocker has something.
Fog needs help.

We were destroyed in every sense of the word.
Get in Bampton to help Fog with the aggression.
Too many passive soft utensils wearing our gurnsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Brad is gone. He will certainly be shopping for houses in the GC hub or the Vic hub or pretty much whatever hub tha isnt SA. He is gone.

I have always said rebuilding on the run is best, full rebuilds/tanking are an awful option (see Carlton) but I think we are at a stage where we simply have to go full nuclear.

We have one of the worst list profiles in the comp. Very few of our veterans are actually mentor-like and few of our experienced players are ones you would actually like any young prospect to emulate (see our midfield and their total lack of defensive accountability).

At this stage our leftover experience are just robbing our youth of gametime and prolonging our pain.

I cannot see a core of veterans you would actually keep to rebuild with (not to mentiin the fact noone wants to come anyway) that would still be there in 3-5 years.

Sell everyone.

I'm going to ignore all the young guys. Tough game for them.

Lynch - abysmal. Time to move on from him. Horrible in all facets

Atkins - invisible in another tough match. When will the club learn?

Laird - a hack these days. Unaccountable. Hack kicks, hospital handballs galore

Seedsman - s**t. Need to move past him

Smith - horrible. Really, really horrible. Seems to be running around on reputation.

Crouch brothers - nowhere near good enough to be the best 2 mids in the team

Walker - had no influence

Milera - disinterested. Wasting his talent.

Brown - not the best small defender in the league

Need to make some tough calls on this bunch. Most aren't the future. A few like Milera need a huge course correction

The kids that come in and out aside, one word that describes the bulk of our best 22 is ‘stale’. The only players that play under selection pressure are the poor kids who shouldn’t have to deal with that on top of learning their way at the highest level.

We’ve got a Football Strategy committee that get to keep firing coaches and staff, but it’s time that a light was shone on those who actually set the direction of the footy department.

Huuuggggeeee difference between picking 1 and 2 and picking where we have the last two years. Pick 1 gets you a Matt Rowell. Pick 9 gets you Chayce Jones.

I'm going to ignore all the young guys. Tough game for them.

Lynch - abysmal. Time to move on from him. Horrible in all facets

Atkins - invisible in another tough match. When will the club learn?

Laird - a hack these days. Unaccountable. Hack kicks, hospital handballs galore

Seedsman - s**t. Need to move past him

Smith - horrible. Really, really horrible. Seems to be running around on reputation.

Crouch brothers - nowhere near good enough to be the best 2 mids in the team

Walker - had no influence

Milera - disinterested. Wasting his talent.

Brown - not the best small defender in the league

Need to make some tough calls on this bunch. Most aren't the future. A few like Milera need a huge course correction
I don't disagree with you but what do we have left after that? the likes of Gallucci, Poholke, Jones, Mchenry, Hamill. Our drafting has been shocking the last four years, not sure we have a solid afl footballer amount them.

Grim.

Something smells within the walls of this club.

Pick 1.
Let Brad Crouch walk via Free Agency. Pick 2.
GWS first.
Luke Edwards father son.
Possibly trade our 2021 first for another top 5 pick this year.
Tariek Newchurch and possibly James Borlase NGA.
Get more senior coaches to help Nick's.

Then we may see improvement in 2021.

2021? Maybe 2023 at earliest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad. Very bad.

Did we actually replace campo with any sort of coach. Two biggest midfield smashings I've seen in the last two games. Set ups have somehow managed to get worse.

McAsey tough first game. Literally did one thing right and everything else wrong.

Smith and Milera were near invisible? Keayes looks like such a nothing player and Crocker is another tryer.

Still hard to get a read on Jones and McHenry. Not exactly coming into a team with any sort of functionality.

Pretty much everyone played terribly except for O'Brien, who was probably close to bog. He was actually outstanding.

I don't disagree with you but what do we have left after that? the likes of Gallucci, Poholke, Jones, Mchenry, Hamill. Our drafting has been shocking the last four years, not sure we have a solid afl footballer amount them.
Another rubbish post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back