Werewolf Twilight Werewolf - Game over, Newborn Army (Vampires) win

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod Votes
MOD VOTES

3: manangatang - A triumphant game as head, setting initial targets for recruitment and staying out of of trouble throughout. Ultimately a dominant win by the Vampires.
2: MC Bad Genius - Was unknown until the end. Dealt with an early vig claim by ND well, and some great reads through the game including the Smeg kill.
1: Itsmyshow - Another with some great reads and analysis. Gotta love an engaged villager with a spreadsheet!

Is there some form of dead PM? I thought I got added to it before. Turns out it was the Vampire one. MWPP Chipmunk @any mod that’s in there that would like to add me

Well played Mang, Porps and the other Vamps. That was a truly dominant display.

Credit to Crowy, EJW and MCBG for keeping the Village in the game for as long as we did after a terrible start on N.1. We were always playing catch up WW from that point but still made a fair game of it.

Thanks Mods for the fun game. Dead PM pls Chipmunk and MWPP

So he can't be Vamp Head? I change my kill to mang then!

It’d be quite the Ninja edit, but if everyone forgets what I wrote I could make it happen.

Meh, still piss poor IMO. We have a go at villagers who don’t participate but now we have heads doing it
Oh come on now, no need to be sore.

I had a really well setup plan in case things went south for me, but didn’t need to use it. I also didn’t have to vote so I used that strategically.

Meh, still piss poor IMO. We have a go at villagers who don’t participate but now we have heads doing it

Yesterday it was the right thing to do. Previous days no pressure was applied so why not be quiet, plus he had his team doing the work for him.

nah, the village treatment of Mang this game was zero pressure - like an essendon coach steadfastly refusing to tag the opposition’s best midfielder so they rack up 36 disposals and kick 3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh come on now, no need to be sore.

I had a really well setup plan in case things went south for me, but didn’t need to use it. I also didn’t have to vote so I used that strategically.

That’s my point. You didn’t have to vote. It’s stupid. How many times did you vote?

nah, the village treatment of Mang this game was zero pressure - like an essendon coach steadfastly refusing to tag the opposition’s best midfielder so they rack up 36 disposals and kick 3 goals.

Tagging is weak

Good teams can with with dominating oppo midfielders without tagging.

Yesterday it was the right thing to do. Previous days no pressure was applied so why not be quiet, plus he had his team doing the work for him.

Go look at games played a few years ago. Werewolf is s**t now. No skill involved at all. The only strategy used is don’t play

Go look at games played a few years ago. Werewolf is sh*t now. No skill involved at all. The only strategy used is don’t play
That's not strictly true, but when opportunities to not engage in the thread present it's madness to not pursue that opportunity.

As I say, I did have a good backup plan ready to go if I felt under heaps of pressure to post, just as jmoo suggested.

Werewolf has become a game of hide and seek

Villagers that lurk enable this behaviour. If only the people with roles lurked they'd stop doing it pretty quick. But if you lurk every game you win more often as evil given the village propensity to overanalyze every post but underanalyze why people aren't posting.

BASIC RULES:
Roles will be randomly assigned to all players and these will be communicated via PM (except for villagers). Good must identify and kill all evil or neutral threats before these players can kill enough players to satisfy their win condition. Only one side can win the game.

Each day will consist of two phases:
Night phase (9pm – 8.30am AEST) Players with night actions will nominate targets via PM during this phase and these must be bolded and clearly stated. Actions will not be accepted after 9pm whether or not deadline has been announced and the writeup has been posted.
Day phase (8.30am – 9pm AEST) After the results of night actions have been annnounced, all players will publicly vote to lynch one player during this phase. Votes will not be accepted after 9pm whether or not deadline has been announced.

VOTING
Voting:
Votes must be bolded in order to be valid. Please also tag the mods in your vote and also any vote changes to ensure that the vote is noted. Reasons to vote are encouraged for discussion reasons but not required for vote validity. Format as follows:
Player Name MWPP Chipmunk

OTHER RULES
In the event of a tied vote, random.org will be used to pick a single leading votegetter to be lynched.

Players with roleblock or protect actions will not be told the outcomes of these in their PMs so please refer to the morning writeups to try and ascertain the success or failure of these actions

The following offences will result in being modkilled and being denied entry into the dead PM
-Discussing the game outside of this thread and any game-related PMs
-Failing to vote or put a night action twice in total
-Posting bigfooty related screenshots
-Editing or deleting posts

According to the rules Mang should have been mod killed yesterday for missing his second vote of the game, but apparently he didn’t need to vote lol

Villagers that lurk enable this behaviour. If only the people with roles lurked they'd stop doing it pretty quick. But if you lurk every game you win more often as evil given the village propensity to overanalyze every post but underanalyze why people aren't posting.

Exactly. Back in the day, everyone posted and went head to head against each other. Now it’s just sit back and watch

Yeah but I think that’s more due to the rise of more casual players who are happy to step into a game for an hour a day, put their vote in and job done.

I saw the previous games sante and spoke to MWPP about them. It can work the other way, such high volume games can mean some get left behind. Maybe it’s a balance, maybe it’s imposing some level of activity. I’m not experienced enough to make a constructive suggestion.

According to the rules Mang should have been mod killed yesterday for missing his second vote of the game, but apparently he didn’t need to vote lol
My interpretation (based on what’s happened when I’ve been intimidated ) has always been that intimidated players don’t need to vote to avoid a strike , but are allowed to if it doesn’t clash with their win con. The alternatives are to pick and chose (only a strike if there‘s no way they can’t ) or to consider it a strike (seen people modkilled due to intimidation for that reason actually ). it’s why I didn’t warn him on d1 and D2 when I repeatedly “vote shamed” thb and Jmoo

I could see that people were assuming so I posted midday .

Exactly. Back in the day, everyone posted and went head to head against each other. Now it’s just sit back and watch
Yeah I miss those games/ “good old days”
I don’t enjoy these quiet ones as much anymore as a player
fine as a mod though!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back