Autopsy Umpiring šŸ˜³ (autopsy vs Lions)

Remove this Banner Ad

So he paid a free because Turner blocked Hodge from getting to the side of the contest the ball wasn't on?
Turner puts his arm around Hodge. Ump thought he held him back. Iā€™m not sating it was the right decision, Iā€™m saying it the most likely explanation.

People carrying on that the ump changed his mind because Hodge looked at him have small dicks and canā€™t get over it

Turner puts his arm around Hodge. Ump thought he held him back. Iā€™m not sating it was the right decision, Iā€™m saying it the most likely explanation.

What? the umpire clearly signalled a block, not a hold.

People carrying on that the ump changed his mind because Hodge looked at him have small dicks and canā€™t get over it

I know you don't want to admit an umpire got influenced by a player but there isn't another logical explanation.

What? the umpire clearly signalled a block, not a hold.

I know you don't want to admit an umpire got influenced by a player but there isn't another logical explanation.
Mate you really need to get a life and move on.
Weā€™ll have played the Weagles and youā€™ll still be bitching about Brisbane.
Nothing will change no matter how much you micro analyse every comment made. Unless of course this is your life.

What is ā€˜the AFLā€™, anyway?

From where I sit itā€™s a room
of suits with the kpis and ethics of investment bankers.
League is run by lawyers.

Of course they're ethically compromised.

Youā€™re not saying it was the right decision but are you saying it was the wrong decision?

Too true. He used to enjoy belting some of our bloke in years gone by.
I don't mind the belting, its a part of the game, but I don't like the sly part of it, and he's very good at that, despite how often he makes out he isn't.

Coach Scamper post game remark to the Umpire about the bad call:

tenor.gif

Free kick to McInerney at the end was an absolute dud. (but so was the one to Brown...)
Umpires are all rubbish these days. It doesn't mean there's any conspiracy, the rules are too over-the-top and umpires think they have to actively be invlovled in every contest. It's a chook lotto and it's turning old and new away from the game.

Both frees to Brown were there. The one he was paid was probably soft by my standards but gets paid all the time and is within the rules of the game. The one that wasn't paid was never paid when I was young but he was obviously taken out of the contest and Hodge marked the ball on his chest, uncontested instead of being jumped over and marked on.

That bolded comment is probably right on the money tho. So many times it seems the umps are looking for ways to be involved instead of just watching the game and reacting to illegal plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a look at this and he doesn't put his arm around him. Hodge puts his shoulder into turners head and from the angle of the camera Turners arm is in front of Hodge but isn't around him the way someone holding him would have been. Its quite obvious and any umpire that saw it differently shouldn't be umpiring. I dunno about the Hodge intimidating him thing tho. He immediately signals as if he is paying the free to the Bears after calling the block and Hodge is still looking at the player who took the mark at that point as he looks the ump is starting to signal the free to BBs. If anything he looks like a robot receiving an over ride signal not someone being intimidated by a player.

Which decision was worse kt - the one against Gawn or the one against Thompson?

Today I learned Hodgey is so powerful that he only needs to slowly walk into an opponent to send him flying onto his arse.

How you guys going with all these decisions? See you moved on from the McInerney one pretty quick once you saw the Brown dive. All you had to do in the last minute of the game is not have plodder Cunnington in the middle for the bounce, and not have Higgins running past the outside looking for an easy ball, and put players in with a bit of legal toughness and they might have won a clearance. Honestly Cunnington got out marked by Neale in the last 2 minutes, but you keep telling us how tough he is.

You gotta laugh at these Bears skunks playing the hero in here when their kindergarten level board goes mental when anyone goes BOO over there.

Franchise entity, franchise supporters, franchise board.

They got 4 points. Integrity compromised.

AFL: Carry on, nothing to see here.

It remains to been seen as to what some other club, that can get seriously shafted by this, thinks about the matter.

Top 2 becomes 3rd & an away final
Top 4 becomes 5th and a miss out on the double chance

etc, etc., etc.

It remains to been seen as to what some other club, that can get seriously shafted by this, thinks about the matter.

Top 2 becomes 3rd & an away final
Top 4 becomes 5th and a miss out on the double chance

etc, etc., etc.
Exactly. I'm glad I don't bet on this shyte. As you say, the importance of 4 points deciding between home or away finals could be critical.

Never bet on anything that can talk is a good rule to stick by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back