Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

Something like 'It would be Serong of me to give away which Young players had this pinned up...'

Though I could be misremembering.

So it's settled, Young is a Docker for life.

Now that Judas is leaving I can't really think of any players I'm worried about losing. Walters may want to join Lyon somewhere but with his form under JLo that wouldn't be a big loss. And Lobb may continue to chase another payday somewhere but he'll be almost past his best by the time his contract expires anyway.

How good was his game last week just so pleasing to see. I shouldn't be surprised anymore but it still amazes me just how impatient sports fans are with obviously talented young players. If most of this board their way he wouldn't have been selected for a while.

How good was his game last week just so pleasing to see. I shouldn't be surprised anymore but it still amazes me just how impatient sports fans are with obviously talented young players. If most of this board their way he wouldn't have been selected for a while.
His form reminds me of freos 2017 season. Frederick form is extreme on both ends.

He can be good one week and bad the next week.

His form reminds me of freos 2017 season. Frederick form is extreme on both ends.

He can be good one week and bad the next week.
Hard disagree. He's been consistent. His opportunities in front of goals have been inconsistent, but his chase, pressure and skills have been super consistent. Plays his role every damn week.

We all saw his potential as a forward live wire for a while now, last week he finally executed the raw talent and grabbed attention of other footy fans in the process!

We all saw his potential as a forward live wire for a while now, last week he finally executed the raw talent and grabbed attention of other footy fans in the process!

Whilst last week may have been his best game for the club, there has been a few very good games before that.

Problem is it’s been one in every two weeks at best that he’s been above serviceable at AFL level.

His challenge is increasing that to most weeks*. Do that and he’ll be amazing.

*Tbh though he’s a medium forward. The teams performance has a massive impact on how performs. His role is the cream that makes the cake go from good to amazing not the actual cake itself. Him improving consistently is largely to do with the team.

Has spent a lot of time in some games as the deepest forward. This is a typically low possession role so his contribution to the team is oft overlooked by armchair critics. He also tends to be a bit unselfish in the goal area and is frequently burnt by team mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ever we needed Freddy to have a massive game it's this weekend. Really solid opportunity to showcase his talents at home.....hope he can kick a bag! :D

Yep even if he's having a bad day he always provides a lot of defensive pressure, can tell the opposition is wary of his presence when trying to move the ball back out of there.
I still remember that crows game last season when Freo won 12.12.84 to 11.6.72.

Only got 12 disposals. But he always caused havoc on a wing or forward flank with his pace.

Kicked 1 goal and 2 behinds that day and could of easily got 3 goals from those chances too.

You can call him a rotational player or role player like we had in those Rossy Lyon era when we had nic Suban, Clancee Pearce and Matt Deboer, but he has more talent and pace than any of those 3

Ok. I promise to get off banfield if all the Freddy naysayers back off.
Fred's been pivotal in our last couple of wins.
He has had to slow time and space down as the ball couldn't keep up with him.
The x factor that we have all been praying for 🙏😜

I listen to Mick on abc radio, he gets so off track when answering a question.

“Mick, who will win the flag this year?”

“Well that’s a tough question................(5 minutes later).........& Kevin Bartlett is still the best small forward I’ve ever seen.”

“Ahh yeh, thanks Mick”

Has there been any angst from Port fans after overlooking Freddy? I could imagine this board melting pretty hard if Chris Walker was playing at a similar level for another team.
From what I've seen there's a lot more annoyance that port aren't playing their Freddy and point to ours as an example of what he could be if he was given the opportunity. Also a lot rightfully pissed that they didn't take a free hit at him as a cat b

Remove this Banner Ad

Back