Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Calsher is a developing KPF who kicked 4 goals in a Box Hill practice match and there are calls to play him at CHB!!!!!!
Let’s let him develop his game at Box Hill until he is ready. It is unrealistic to assume he can play KPD in the AFL at this time.
He is a promising project player ffs.

Tone is hard online, but I think the post about him playing CHB was tongue firmly in cheek.

Take Roughy in the mid season draft and our CHB worries are sorted 👍
Wouldn't be the first time in recent history at the club that someone in charge of filling a position ultimately decided to select themselves.

Tone is hard online, but I think the post about him playing CHB was tongue firmly in cheek.
Level headed and measured post. I fear you will get crucified with this approach here.

The kid has some tricks and is learning, let him smash the door down before throwing him into AFL too soon. Even if we desperately need somebody who can play at CHB and relieve Sis

I understand, but my point was he is tall mobile and good with his hands, worth seeing whether he could play CHB as well.
I don’t think it’s tongue firmly in cheek when the same poster doubles down 2 posts later

I’m not saying CrimminsSquad is wrong
Everyone’s entitled to an opinion

Look I’m big on Calsher, history will show that I’ve been watching him since he was in the under 11’s playing with my nephew when I first raised his name on BF as a future FS, and I’ve wanted him to become the player that we all hope he can, I’m just saying that we need to be very patient because he’s very raw and while I know some posters get that, there’s also a few here who will be posting in 3 months time that Calsher “hasn’t shown much at Box Hill” because people lose sight of a young tall players development.

Be prepared for him to not do too much this year and if he shows more we can be very pleased.
66454986191__4079B599-CD00-4DE5-B011-805E4F5BEEF9.jpeg
It’s not a word that goes well around here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Father son pick in the 50s. I’d call that pretty close to being for free.
I know what you mean, but every club that gets to pick their F/S, picks them from the draft.

Collingwood got Josh & Nick Daicos and Darcy Moore for free as well.

They were selected pretty much where they deserved to go based on talent.

On his highlights , his attack at the ball in the air is a bit similar to Charlie Curnow .

Im not saying he will be as good as Curnow , just simple I think he will be better 🙂

I know what you mean, but every club that gets to pick their F/S, picks them from the draft.

Collingwood got Josh & Nick Daicos and Darcy Moore for free as well.

They were selected pretty much where they deserved to go based on talent.
Yes Dear actually was going to be overlooked this year by us and probably everyone else until his last 12 months. He lost any motivation in football because of his dad. He was coming from way back in terms of fitness and football. His remarkable season where he completely rebuilt himself physically culminated by him kicking a few goals in the grand final. He pretty much did about 70 to 80% of the pre season once again remarkeable given where he was. I am looking forward to his debut in the VFL an exciting prospect i cant wait

I don’t think it’s tongue firmly in cheek when the same poster doubles down 2 posts later

I’m not saying CrimminsSquad is wrong
Everyone’s entitled to an opinion
Actually it was a double down tongue in cheek. And it was to do with aggression in the response, if you refer to my original post it was about the poor bugger who was about to set set upon for what i thought was a measured and very good post.. When i got set upon i couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back