Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a Michael Jordan fan i take it?
Legend has it is that MJ is a vampire which is why he could get away with playing cards until the early hours of the morning on the day of a big playoff game. He also used to do things like play a couple of rounds of golf before and after games too when he should've been resting up.

I honestly think it's absolutely outrageous that he went to the races the night before the GF, not surprised at all that McRae hated that.

I can't stand horse racing, but if this is what Ginni enjoys doing in his free time, and he wasn't drinking, and he wasn't out late, then who really cares?

Some players may have stayed home filling themselves with anxiety the day before the big game. If this was his coping mechanism and he didn't do anything silly then good on him.

Legend has it is that MJ is a vampire which is why he could get away with playing cards until the early hours of the morning on the day of a big playoff game. He also used to do things like play a couple of rounds of golf before and after games too when he should've been resting up.
Well I suppose the rationale is that they are resting up (mentally) by doing what they do pre-game. Would definitely work for some but maybe not all.

I can't stand horse racing, but if this is what Ginni enjoys doing in his free time, and he wasn't drinking, and he wasn't out late, then who really cares?

Some players may have stayed home filling themselves with anxiety the day before the big game. If this was his coping mechanism and he didn't do anything silly then good on him.
I don't think it's a good idea for an athlete to be around crowds and drunkards the night before the biggest game of his life. Neither did McRae, a guy who has been part of 7 AFL premierships, what would he know!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually most impressed with how hard he is working up the ground.

He’s getting some pretty high disposal numbers for a forward pocket along with kicking goals.

As Kenny Bania would say
Animated GIF

The on-field lightning rod was at his destructive best, delivering a successful left-foot snap among his nine disposals in the first term, complete with a theatrical point-to-the-head celebration when facing the crowd, reprising that of star Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford.
“He has done that. I am trying to get a photo up,” Ginnivan said post-match.

Rashford regularly raises a finger to his temple as a sign of the clearer headspace he has under United manager Erik ten Hag.
“I feel like I’ve gone all in on myself and tried to improve. I feel like I am fitter. I am still adapting to the new system, the way we play. We play a very fast tempo,” Ginnivan said.
Asked if he will continue with that celebration, Ginnivan responded: “A one-off – a new celebration every goal, hopefully.”
The celebration came after many Essendon fans jeered him whenever he touched the ball, an issue which plagued him at Collingwood. Ginnivan said the crowd reaction didn’t have a great impact.

“It doesn’t really faze me any more. Seventy-three thousand – I have played in front of 100,000. I sort of block the noise out, and it doesn’t really affect me that much. I have a great fan base behind me in the brown and gold, so I am loving that,” he said.

Terrific first half. Disappeared after half time.
Serious injury?, more cramp? I assume they locked down on him also as he appeared to be running around on his own early. Positive start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back