Coach Welcome to Hawthorn : Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Bucks surrounded himself with people who never challenged him.

I'm glad he is gone.

Never banging the door down with senior jobs.

Never spoken about as a potential candidate for senior positions.

He will fit in nicely with Ross the Boss.

View attachment 1542942

Told you a year ago.....But the Koolaid drinkers defended him!
Exactly. Just because you were an exceptional player doesn’t mean you will be an exceptional coach. In fact the opposite is often the case.

No big loss IMHO

I Was never left impressed when he spoke to the media. And Besides being an all time great he doesn't seem the type who would have fresh ideas or be at the forefront of game trends.

He played more than 400 games there, over an almost 20yr career & your immediate thought is that there's a problem between he/Sam, not that he loves St. Kilda & dreamed of getting back there one day?
Considering he’s already had a stint as assistant coach at Saints including playing caretaker there, I don’t think it’s an unfair question to ask.

I wouldn't mind us having a chat to Dean Solomon. Was extremely highly rated up here on the Gold Coast and the young players seemed to really like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s left a fair hole in our coaching staff as it’s going to be hard because most teams are finalised now. Ratts the obvious choice. Or something like Collins taking over Harvey’s spot and maybe Noble into Collins spot as head of development?
Just spitballing really, not sure else we could go

It’s left a fair hole in our coaching staff as it’s going to be hard because most teams are finalised now. Ratts the obvious choice. Or something like Collins taking over Harvey’s spot and maybe Noble into Collins spot as head of development?
Just spitballing really, not sure else we could go
Hickmott can also look after the midfield. Solomon and Mcveigh are also an option

And Hirdy 😏

Hird ?

FrankRemorsefulInganue-size_restricted.gif

:p

Honestly if Buckley was a realistic option I'd love to have him at the Hawks. I reckon he'd be brilliant for our mids, and similar to Sam he's able to understand football and explain it in an engaging way.

Honestly if Buckley was a realistic option I'd love to have him at the Hawks. I reckon he'd be brilliant for our mids, and similar to Sam he's able to understand football and explain it in an engaging way.

Same. Buckley would be the best hire we could make IMO. I really hope we make a pitch to him.

But he seems to be enjoying himself doing the media thing.

Same. Buckley would be the best hire we could make IMO. I really hope we make a pitch to him.

But he seems to be enjoying himself doing the media thing.
That's the downside, one less enjoyable media personality if we do poach him somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back