Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - COOPER SHARMAN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, getting back to Cooper Sharman, I am looking forward to him putting on some beef after a preseason, and he should definitely be in our starting 18, but where to play him.

I worry about that now, he moves so well i'm worried he'll bulk up and lose agility.

I worry about that now, he moves so well i'm worried he'll bulk up and lose agility.
He doesnt look the type that will get huge , just 4-5 kg would make a lot of difference i think without losing any agility

Name​
Team​
Forward​
Position​
Forward​
Career Games​
4​
Sandringham​
Origin​
Woodville-West Torrens​
October 16, 1991​
Date of Birth​
July 25, 2020​
29yr 10mth​
Age​
1yr 1mth​
193cm
Height​
192cm​
87kg
Weight​
79kg​

He doesnt look the type that will get huge , just 4-5 kg would make a lot of difference i think without losing any agility

Name​
Team​
Forward​
Position​
Forward​
Career Games​
4​
Sandringham​
Origin​
Woodville-West Torrens​
October 16, 1991​
Date of Birth​
July 25, 2020​
29yr 10mth​
Age​
1yr 1mth​
193cm
Height​
192cm​
87kg
Weight​
79kg​
Thanks Risky.
I’m with you, don’t want him to bulk out too much and lose his natural gifts.

He adds so much flexibility and another dimension to our forward line. This is going to help Members so much. In fact I wouldn’t be opposed to dropping either of them back at various stages to help out like we did this year.

Sharman has never been a player that runs his opponent into the ground from what I've seen.

He just reads the footy better than most and has a great set of hands.

Adding a few kg's is only going to help him, not hinder him and I'd imagine with a big pre season his endurance and agility will also improve.

Sharman has never been a player that runs his opponent into the ground from what I've seen.

Adding a few kg's is only going to help him, not hinder him and I'd imagine with a big pre season his endurance and agility will also improve.
Is it fair to say that he is more a 'Bailey Fritsch' type of forward, somebody who is suited to that 3rd (or 4th) tall role rather than a KPF main target? He moves well and reads the play beautifully. When I watched his SANFL highlights I thought I glimpsed a little bit of Jeremy Cameron about him.

Is it fair to say that he is more a 'Bailey Fritsch' type of forward, somebody who is suited to that 3rd (or 4th) tall role rather than a KPF main target? He moves well and reads the play beautifully. When I watched his SANFL highlights I thought I glimpsed a little bit of Jeremy Cameron about him.

Yeah possibly. He seemed to handle the spotlight pretty well in the freo game without King. Let’s see how he goes next year, will kick a fair few if he’s the second or third fiddle and kicks truly.

Speaking of kicking truly, looks like Sharman had the potential to become our sharpshooter. Big win if he keeps at it.

I think he probably plays a bit taller than Fritsch. Only a very small sample size, but Sharman took seven contested marks in his 3.5 games. Fritsch has taken 14 over 22 games this year. Suggests Sharman has a bit more of an aerial game than Fritsch. Would be great if Sharman has the craft and ability to find space that Fritsch has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Eade mentioned he might be able to go up the field and have a run. I saw it somewhere anyway. Bailey Fritsch has had runs like Membrey played this year where he is the kick inside 50 and marking target around the ground. I reckon they play very similarly.

I think he probably plays a bit taller than Fritsch. Only a very small sample size, but Sharman took seven contested marks in his 3.5 games. Fritsch has taken 14 over 22 games this year. Suggests Sharman has a bit more of an aerial game than Fritsch. Would be great if Sharman has the craft and ability to find space that Fritsch has.

I didn't realise Fritsch was so short, they play extremely similar games. The way they always seem to be at the fall of the ball without looking rushed and both seem to mark with outstretched arms. Fritsch is a very good mark but perhaps not as contested.

I think hes much closer to a key forward than Fritch in the way he plays.

He plays like most key forwards, I just didn't think he'd be able to do that so quickly at AFL level with his size.

I think Eade mentioned he might be able to go up the field and have a run. I saw it somewhere anyway. Bailey Fritsch has had runs like Membrey played this year where he is the kick inside 50 and marking target around the ground. I reckon they play very similarly.
Not covering a lot ground has always been a knock on Sharman, something Membrey has never struggled with.

If Sharman can improve his endurance after a few more.pre seasons may he they would be similar players but from what I've seen Sharman is suited to playing inside 50.

Sharman’s lack of selection as the round 23 rising star is made all the more perplexing when you consider the AFL missed a golden marketing opportunity. I’m quite surprised they didn’t promote how “genius” they are for implementing the mid-season draft and producing players as impactful as the GOAT.

Not covering a lot ground has always been a knock on Sharman, something Membrey has never struggled with.

If Sharman can improve his endurance after a few more.pre seasons may he they would be similar players but from what I've seen Sharman is suited to playing inside 50.
Rocket Eade reckons his best role is playing like Gunston, roaming up and down the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back