Review West Coast vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 1 @ Lathlain

Remove this Banner Ad

I also thought McEntee was good when he came on, but so was Hayes and Williams. Hayes even looked somewhat quick and spritely at times. It was clear that they were the fresh players on the field. Sort of tempers my opinions of their games a bit.

Probs about time for MG to extract the digit, he's been playing like he thinks he's a superstar and doesn't have to put in ....
No way Georgiades is under any illusions about how poor his form is. He's in that awful energy-sapping place where nothing works and the harder a person tries the more they seem to stuff up.

Me: "We're so poorly coached we lost a game against a team that only won twice last year missing their best player."
Connor Rozee: "But we had 25 more inside 50's!"
Me:

View attachment 1616116
Happy clappers: Ken, Richo and Koch. This stability is The Good Place!

Bigfooty:

1677389639997.gif

So by your assertion, Marshall (who btw I am a big fan of, generally) has no responsibility to make leads, as our team can't kick. To be clear, that's what your're saying, right?
What I’m saying is he could make a lead and be clear by 10m and there’s a big chance some of our players (senior) couldn’t hit him up..

What I’m saying is he could make a lead and be clear by 10m and there’s a big chance some of our players (senior) couldn’t hit him up..

Glad you agree he should be leading. Hopefully if it's Rozee, JHF et al doing the delivery, your what-if won't be a factor.

Glad you agree he should be leading. Hopefully if it's Rozee, JHF et al doing the delivery, your what-if won't be a factor.
He definelty needs to be on the move.. that’s when he is most dangerous.. too slick and clever for most defenders and yes butters/rozee and JHF delivering

Probs about time for MG to extract the digit, he's been playing like he thinks he's a superstar and doesn't have to put in - maybe have him start on the bench against freo or not at all to help remind him that he's got plenty of work to do.
I think it's the exact opposite. Plays with zero confidence and his head is full of our sh*t coaching.
Went with Boak to work on his endurance and injuries. This is not a young man without work ethic or thinks he's a superstar.

I think it's the exact opposite. Plays with zero confidence and his head is full of our sh*t coaching.
Went with Boak to work on his endurance and injuries. This is not a young man without work ethic or thinks he's a superstar.

He's quick across the ground and his field kicking is a lot better than his set shot, get him out of the goal square. Let him roam and lead.

.... Went with Boak to work on his endurance and injuries. This is not a young man without work ethic or thinks he's a superstar.
Agreed. The problem's hardly unique to Port, or even the AFL. Worldwide, in multiple sports, there are people going through what Mitch Georgiades is suffering. I mean look at Joe Daniher, a B&F at Essendon and a liability at Brisbane. Port will be throwing everything at Mitch to lift him out of this. I remember being down at Alberton when John 'The Future' Butcher began having problems and they had him dressed in this special gear with electrodes (?) to analyse the biomechanics of his kicking.
After that what do you do? Tough love on Tuesdays, relentless positivity on Thursdays? Drop to the Maggies? Say we will never drop you? The answer is no-one knows, or they'd be billionaires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MG, that will turn pretty quick for a young kid. Rozee was delistable this time last year by some.

But you know in the end as long as we win the all important inside 50 dick measuring count, while the other guy makes off with the Sheila.💪

One thing that stuck out to me was Lycett being in pretty much all the centre bounces and stoppages until subbed out in the 4th.

Like in a preseason hit out, why not even try to see if our other rucks are capable especially when Lycett is s**t?

Saw Rozee in the Sunday Mail talking up our a game.

He quoted a stat that we had 25 more inside 50s.

25 more.

Hinkleyball is back. We were so ineffective, personnel didn't make one iota of difference.

Haha reminds me of when the players and coaches counted the Hawthorn game last year as a win because we won every 'KPI'

One thing that stuck out to me was Lycett being in pretty much all the centre bounces and stoppages until subbed out in the 4th.

Like in a preseason hit out, why not even try to see if our other rucks are capable especially when Lycett is s**t?
I thought Teakle got a good look at centre bounce and stoppages around the ground, and was pretty unimpressive at least in the hit-out department.

Hayes had a bit of a go in the third quarter, and did well in hit-outs with better mobility around the ground, but still didn't compete for many marks.

Visentini was really only tried up forward. Got outmarked quite a lot by his opponent playing in front and leading him to the ball, but he did ok for a first hit-out. His forward ruckwork was competitive.

Really loving Jase's development - he's quickly becoming my favourite. Looks to be taller and heavier than last year and with greater dare and penetration in his kick. And everything done with the verve and street smarts of an alley cat.
Jase is a major bonus. He continues to play at a level much above what I'd expect for his size, age and experience. Rarely loses one-on-ones. So assured with handling the ball. Nice composure with his disposal. Surprisingly strong tackler. He's every bit a starter IMO.

You obviously dont know what a king hit is mate. A king hit is a swinging round arm to the head from behind with the person getting hit not seeing or expecting it. Now the Jonas hit, that was closer to a king hit.

And the description of the Gaff hit, I'm just repeating exactly what Brayshaw's brother and father said about the incident. Feel free to go look up what their view was.

Anyway, we are all just warming up with a match sim and a bit of preseason banter. Nothing to get knickers in knots over.

At least it looks like you will all be fine with a second rounder for Georgiades based on the comments about him after that game. Always a silver lining to every dark cloud people.;)
Screenshot_20230226-182805.png

I don't need to rely on second hand accounts of the incident as it occurred during a game of the most popular sporting league in the country and was captured on camera.

The brother that you reference, would that happen to be former West Coast player Hamish Brayshaw?

I don't accept bullshit descriptions of thuggish on-field actions. * your bAnTz.

I don't know what year of Hinkley we are in but this trial was just boring.

So boring watching Hinkley ball and this gameplan go at it over and over.

So boring watching the same old core players go about it.

It sucks knowing that this is no recipe for success.

All the positives from this trial was about the new. Basically only Horne Francis.

Saw Rozee in the Sunday Mail talking up our game.

He quoted a stat that we had 25 more inside 50s.

25 more.

Hinkleyball is back. We were so ineffective, personnel didn't make one iota of difference.
I like that we have added 2 high quality small forwards to our lineup and still see no noticeable difference to our forward play so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back